What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

@cirr @星海军事

Now it's even more difficult ! Can anyone help me out ....

For me it seems as if the original concept of this configuration (aka mini-Global Hawk) was the single engined Sky Wing (2011), ....

CAC UAV - Sky Wing I - 29.6.2011.jpg

... which was then modified and reappeared (2014) as the twin engined SkyWing II or Wind Shadow ....

CAC UAV Sky Wing II Tian Yi - 23.12.14 - 4 mod.jpg

... and now (2016) again different to the first one the single engined Cloud Shadow !???

CAC Cloud Shadow UAV - Zhuhai - 27.10.16 - 6.jpg

Or am I wrong ???

Deino

Last edited:
@cirr @星海军事

Now it's even more difficult ! Can anyone help me out ....

For me it seems as if the original concept of this configuration (aka mini-Global Hawk) was the single engined Sky Wing (2011), ....

View attachment 346829

... which was then modified and reappeared (2014) as the twin engined SkyWing II or Wind Shadow ....

View attachment 346828

... and now (2016) again different to the first one the single engined Cloud Shadow !???

View attachment 346827

Or am I wrong ???

Deino

WindShadow and CloudShadow, two sister drones.

Also CH-5 prototype(old pics) and CH-5(new pics)

Clear now? :D

WindShadow and CloudShadow, two sister drones.

O.k. ... soo the first aircraft was something like a prototype/demonstrator and then it evolved into two separate UAV/UCAVs WindShadow and CloudShadow. Seems as if WindShadow is then more a recce-system and CloudShadow is an UCAV??

Also CH-5 prototype(old pics) and CH-5(new pics)

Clear now? :D

O.k. ... so they modified the design ?

Indeed a more than interesting topic...
Deino

Last edited:
WD 600 displayed during military parade in Turkmenistan : http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/imp_navigator/17993765/833187/833187_1000.jpg

Along with the CH 3. Parade video :

I thought, WD 600 was just a concept mockup, displayed few years a go. Does it posses landing gears, or how does it conduct landing anyway ?

Drones at 1.01.10 ...

Other chinese tech is there too

Answer here : http://www.eastpendulum.com/turkmenistan-sequipe-made-in-china

I also wrote a few words on other chinese materials shown in this military parade.

Henri K.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/uv-online/zhuhai-2016-china-unveils-new-unmanned-rotorcraft/

The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) unveiled its AV500W unmanned helicopter at the 11th Zhuhai Air Show, being held this week in southern China from 1-6 November.

The AV500W template displayed at the Zhuhai Air Show indicates the aircraft is capable of carrying four missiles. The aircraft has a maximum take-off weight of 470kg and a payload of 160kg.

Endurance varies from eight hours for civil patrol and military reconnaissance missions, to four hours for ground attack missions. The control radius is 200km and the aircraft has a ceiling of 4,000m and maximum cruise speed of 170km/h.

China presents a Combat Drone with 16 Missiles
The Chinese CH-5 will compete with the American MQ-9 Reaper of General Atomics. Its current maximum range is 6,500 km, and a future upgrade will enable it to fly as far as 10,000 km

Ami Rojkes Dombe | 1/11/2016

Send to a friend
A+A-Size
Share on
Share on
CwF_P8gWEAEDdMT.jpg

twitter.com/globaltimesnews

According to a report on People, China has granted an export license for the CH-5 reconnaissance/combat drone, which is believed to be one of the most powerful unmanned combat aircraft in the world.

"Several foreign nations have expressed intentions to purchase the CH-5, and we are in talks with them," said Shi Wen, chief designer of the Caihong, or Rainbow, series at the China Academy of Aerospace Aerodynamics in Beijing.

The CH-5 Drone is made of composite materials and has a wingspan of 21 meters. The drone can stay in the air for about 60 hours and operate at an altitude of up to 10 km. Its current maximum range is 6,500 km, and a future upgrade will enable it to fly as far as 10,000 km.

The CH-5 can carry 1,000 kg of equipment and weapons. It will carry 16 air-to-surface missiles when displayed at the air show, but its largest capacity is 24 missiles in a single flight, engineers at the academy said.

Compared with the prototype for the test flight, the drone's mass-production model has a more streamlined nose, and an electro-optical instrument mounted under the nose.

Shi said designers plan to develop a CH-5 that will be capable of staying in the air for up to 120 hours, with a 20,000-km range.

The China Academy of Aerospace Aerodynamics, part of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp, is China's largest military drone exporter by a number of products sold overseas. Its CH-series drones have been sold to military users in more than ten countries, he said.

Lan Wenbo, the project manager of the CH-5, said his academy is willing to transfer technologies to users, an attraction that Western suppliers do not offer.

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/27407

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom