What's new

Chinese Type 96 fails to impress in 2014 Tank Biathlon World Championship

I heard that China used Type 96G which is for export to join the competition, is that right ?

What a poorly written article, did the OP write it himself?

As Leo pointed out repeatedly, the type 96 got hit by a t72 breaking one of its wheels. Also, one the first day the type 96 was the only tank to manage hitting all targets.

Unfortunately, ramming other tanks to break their treads is not one of the type 96 s strong point.

Let me correct you.
Type 96 is 1 of 3 team get no penalty in first day, mean hit all target and hit no marking.
the 2nd day, China missed once and get 1 extra loop as penalty.

Well, I am afraid the most close-to-war competition could only be reached by letting those tanks shooting each other....which is impossible at all in reality

Well, I am afraid the most close-to-war competition could only be reached by letting those tanks shooting each other....which is impossible at all in reality

Shooting in real combat is harder, not like shooting at still target.
Anyway, several team missed their still target.

Shooting in real combat is harder, not like shooting at still target.
Anyway, several team missed their still target.
Agree, but I am afraid the truth is that China's 96 did not miss a target. The referee mistaken one shot as missed.

anyone who thinks type 96 sucks, let me ask you something, do you export Tanks? We do, MBT-2000 and 3000 are sold, I think even some 96 were sold. The capabilities of these machines are open to a number of countries. I think also somewhat involved in the Pakistani Tanks?

During this competition we had some bad luck, and the advantage these machines have over the 72s were not in full display. Don't take my word for it, a few countries have MBT-2000 which is based on the 96 and 99, so it's no secret.

Tanks are outdated, modern war will have no use for them. Air strikes or missile attacks or drone attacks, when you can achieve what you want with these then why risk lives using the tanks.
Necessary for boots on ground on every war.

Results for the sprint:

tab9-avg.png

After combining results for all three teams from all the countries, first five places are:

1 - Russia
2 - Serbia
3 - China
4 - Kazakhstan
5 - India

:-) The Sudanese government military used chinese-made 96 tanks easily destroyed of south SudanT72 , has been directly shows 96 A powerful

Tank is good or bad, the decision by three properties: firepower, defense, mobility.
The competition scoring criteria, is clearly unfair.
Also other countries are T72, in the "mobility" Why inferior aspect of Russia? It was tempting to think, between these T72, the engine is not the same.

Last edited:
Russian's T-72B3V has 1150 horsepower with 45 metric tons, and the rest T-72s are using 900HP power unit with same combat weight, whereas Type-96A using domestic 900 HP power unit with combat weight over 50 metric tons ```` and this competition can only be described as 'happy mud running' race, despite type-96A hit all the targets with shortest time and least rounds, and they still rank fairly low```lol

anyway, we sent ships to play with the U.S, not playing with Russia would be very strategically stupid !!

Pakistan is planning to buy Type-99 MBT's

thats impossible, Type99A2 is only for domestic use, MBT-3000 is the latest export version of China MBT

Back
Top Bottom