What's new

Chinese Trains, Indian Trains

I think we are talking about different things, Chinese & Indian railway systems. I don't think India can't but long way to achieve what China has today in technology & economical strategies. What main problem in Chinese consumer technology products is quantity but not quality but on other hand they are working hard to overcome this black hole. In fact they are trend setter for importers perhaps quality consciousness countries still careful with this trend which effected even developed countries and underdeveloped like virus.

When we are talking about Pakistan’s import of Indian engines then I am fully against it because we should go for best railway technology introducers/manufacturers like Russian Federation rather than looking for temporary ease for our railway with Indian engines.

Even Russia has fastest train 250 km/h by Siemens.

High_Speed_Railroad_Map_Europe_2011.svg

Countries of Europe

So Passengers safety concerns should be at first rather than putting doubted showpiece fastest train technology to bring itself in world ranking. Unfortunately China still away from independent bullet train technology and India ….nowhere.

Eventhough I would like to have a HSR in my country, I would better have the Govt built exclusive freight rail corridors b/n major cities. That would serve a developing country much better than HSR.

China now leads the world in high speed rail both in total length and world record speed(486.1 kilometers per hour).China's high speed rail network is expected to grow to 10,000 miles of track by 2020. China already built around 6,000 miles of track since deciding in 2006 to pursue high-speed rail over maglev and other technologies.

China already has thousands of miles of railroads — including the world's longest network of high-speed rail, which is 4,000 miles long. That total is set to double within two years, giving China more high-speed rail tracks than the rest of the world put together.

I provided you pakistani source where nowhere its mentioned that pakistan is thinking to hire railway engine becuase chinese flops. we had shortage and tried to hire from India instead of buying it from china or else where

PR to get 50 engines from India on rent | Business | DAWN.COM

In Pakistani source no where it says that Pakistan is hiring from India because Chinese products are flops. They were thinking to hire because of temporary shortage. i dont even know whether they actually did or it was mere thinking :)

Let me explain Raja.

Pakistan got some engines from China for 8 billion rupees. Those engines were so bad that the money got wasted. That's why, they decided to turn to India and they did. They could have always done it with China but since they had a bad experience, they turned to India. Hence it is "termed" as a flop show. Pakistan don't have to call it a Chinese flop show in public, its an expression and termed in that way. Hope I've answered.

You do know that:
1. Skyscraper city is for the concrete and steel fetishist.
2. Neither of your quotes are to be found in the links you provided, so neither of your quotes have a source.

which one you cant find a source,I can give you the link,be my guest,just ask.

I can't say anything about China but Indian trains are utilitarian in purpose. They are not there to serve only high paying customers but the poorest of poor also travel by them. We pay peanuts compared to rest of the world towards our train journey. Although not explicit in standards but it serves our purpose. It gets you from point A to point B at a cheapest price any where. I can bet you.

I have been taking these trains quite often, for just over half a dollar, I travel about 60 kms between two cities. That's a bargain on a bargain.

Also the entire article is based on what some elite western-born little girl has to say about a third world country's train. That in itself should immediately damn the article. What did she expect?

I can't say anything about China but Indian trains are utilitarian in purpose. They are not there to serve only high paying customers but the poorest of poor also travel by them. We pay peanuts compared to rest of the world towards our train journey. Although not explicit in standards but it serves our purpose. It gets you from point A to point B at a cheapest price any where. I can bet you.

I have been taking these trains quite often, for just over half a dollar, I travel about 60 kms between two cities. That's a bargain on a bargain.

Also the entire article is based on what some elite western-born little girl has to say about a third world country's train. That in itself should immediately damn the article. What did she expect?

when it comes to serving the public,Chinese train does the best in the world,nice,comfortable with very cheap price ,government subsidizes public transport so heavily and all Chinese people can afford quick and comfortable travel by the train around China,Chinese railway system move billions ever year,the biggest people transport movement in the world history.and Beijing's world class subway,due to the heavy government subsidy, 2 kuai(0.30$) for unlimited ride anywhere in Beijing and Beijing's bus serviece due to the heavy govenment subsidy unlimited one ride only costs(0.03$)world's cheapest. senior citizens enjoy city all public tansport for free.and all the museums(Beijing has second most museums in the world) are free,most parks are free,all public bathrooms are free(Beijing has world most public bathrooms).

why not ask the pakistan railway about the quality of chines trains/engines ...

Chinese Group 3 locomotives revealed that while their fuel consumption was higher the hauling power was much less than the specifications listed jointly by the manufacturers. Their performance was worse than the existing 30 to 40 year old locomotives.

The 64 Chinese locomotives, based on vintage Russian technology, had an additional impact for spare parts procurement valued at $15 million annually, making them the most expensive locomotives ever procured by Railways. Earlier, the annual allocation for maintenance and repair would never exceed $10 million for the total fleet of 530 locomotives.
The collapse of Pakistan Railways – The Express Tribune

Pakistan has conveyed to China its concern over the supply of substandard rail engines to it after the issue created a furore back home.

A top Pakistani Railway official, accompanying President Asif Ali Zardari on a visit here, told his Chinese counterpart that the 69 rail engines it brought from China did not meet the requirements of Pakistan railways.
General Manager Pakistan Railways, Shahid Ahmad, had said that the management had decided to drop the idea of acquiring 75 locomotives from the Chinese company as 32 previously supplied engines out of 69 had to be phased out after they became unserviceable.

The fresh order of 75 locomotives came after President Zardari himself intervened and forced the Railways to oblige the Chinese suppliers despite large-scale opposition within the Railways Ministry, reports said.
http://zeenews.**********/news/sout...ina-over-substandard-rail-engines_639602.html

when it comes to serving the public,Chinese train does the best in the world,nice,comfortable with very cheap price ,government subsidizes public transport so heavily and all Chinese people can afford quick and comfortable travel by the train around China,Chinese railway system move billions ever year,the biggest people transport movement in the world history.and Beijing's world class subway,due to the heavy government subsidy, 2 kuai(0.30$) for unlimited ride anywhere in Beijing.world's cheapest.

We don't have subsidies. And ours is a profit making venture and the largest employer. But I concede to the fact that GOI has to look into their maintenance.

but if Indians are not happy,why you still came to China and asked for China's help?

China to help India run high-speed trains
Economy Bureau

Posted: Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 2348 hrs IST

New Delhi, Jan 18 : While Indian Railways will have to wait a while before it can run bullet trains, it is hoping to increase the speed of its normal trains with some help from China.

China has agreed to assist Indian Railways in order to increase the speed of existing trains as part of a memorandum of understanding (MoU).

The MoU signed between the two countries during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh”s visit to China, earlier during the week will also help in cooperation for development of world-class stations, heavy haul operations, development of multi-modal logistics parks and in research and development.

At present, the highest speed an Indian train has logged so far is 150 km per hour by Shatabdi Express between Delhi and Agra. In China meanwhile, the highest speed recorded is 275 km/hr.

The three-year agreement envisages development of rail-related programmes of mutual interest.

We don't have subsidies. And ours is a profit making venture and the largest employer. But I concede to the fact that GOI has to look into their maintenance.

bad for the people,China is brimming with money so most Chinese believe that it is the least thing the government can do to put aside some money for the public subsidy.now Beijing is almost winter time,the whole city's household heating is also government susidized.and dont worry,that wont bankrupt the government,they are now loaded with cash.and in recently 5 years,almost all Beijing residents are covered by some kind of medicare,that's the best thing the government did in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom