What's new

Chinese Stealth Fighter

J-XX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"U.S. Air Force and U.S. intelligence officials have stated their belief that China likely has all the resources, data and technology required to build a fifth generation fighter. However, doubts remain on whether China has enough knowledge in areas such as systems engineering, integration and production processes to build a fighter comparable to U.S. stealth designs which can also be produced in large numbers."

Jane's: J-XX prototype may fly by the end of the year -- LiveWire Teen Forums

"Date Posted: 09-Dec-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

Russia, China push fifth-generation fighter programmes to meet year-end milestones

Reuben F Johnson JDW Correspondent - Kiev

A second prototype of the Sukhoi T-50 (PAK-FA) fifth-generation fighter aircraft will make its first flight by the end of this year, according to Russian defence industry spokespersons.

As with the first prototype, this aircraft will be flown initially from the Dzemgi aerodrome adjacent to the Komsomolsk-na-Amure Aviation Production Association. After initial-acceptance test flights, it will be transferred to the Gromov Flight Research Institute in Zhukovsky.

Sukhoi's general director, Mikhail Pogosian, stated that a T-50 will also be flown in a display at the MAKS International Aviation and Space Salon in August 2011.

A source close to the programme told Jane's that "the end-of-the-year deadline may not be met, but the aircraft will fly very soon - either before the end of 2010 or just after the [beginning of the] new year". Russian aircraft programmes - even in Soviet times - have often had year-end deadlines for first flights that came down to near photo finishes.

Meanwhile, rumours have emerged from China's Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (CAC) and the adjoining Aircraft Plant 132 that a Chinese-developed fifth-generation fighter prototype may also fly by the end of the year. Reportedly, two airframes - numbered 2001 and 2002 - have been assembled at the plant.

According to Russian industry sources, the programme - sometimes referred to as 'J-20' - is a joint design effort between CAC and the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation, with Chengdu taking the lead on the development.

Jane's Defence Weekly - Your first line of defence"

A lot of Chinese insiders already have the clear shoots of the J20,however no body wants to take the risk to release their pictures.Remember the guy who leaked the J10 prototype pictures without permission was jailed for ten years.Most likely the PLAAF will leak the J20 pictures on an impotant day,for example the Chinese National Day or the 1st August.Lets wait to see.

Given how long they took to acknowledge J-10 I'm sure that they won't officially release the pictures until a couple squadrons of the plane are already in service.

I don't know whether the picture is genuine or not. However, it looks interesting and it's all that we have at this moment. Like everyone else, I'm waiting for more information and further developments.

The Chinese stealth fighter will be unveiled at some point. Is it this one? Maybe. :-)

Happy holidays.

Yours truly,

Martin
Considering the subject under discussion, the default assumption should always be: Not. Remember the rule: Extraordinary claim demands extraordinary evidence. I do not know if that pix is genuinely from a top secret Chinese air force base or not, but its image quality is simply too terrible to even consider bringing it into a discussion. Anyone who live in the Oxford-Bicester-Banbury area and read my argument against that pix will know exactly what I was talking about and will be able to bring his own experience into that pix and discredit the argument for it. That is how bad this 'evidence' is for this extraordinary claim.

Considering the subject under discussion, the default assumption should always be: Not. Remember the rule: Extraordinary claim demands extraordinary evidence. I do not know if that pix is genuinely from a top secret Chinese air force base or not, but its image quality is simply too terrible to even consider bringing it into a discussion. Anyone who live in the Oxford-Bicester-Banbury area and read my argument against that pix will know exactly what I was talking about and will be able to bring his own experience into that pix and discredit the argument for it. That is how bad this 'evidence' is for this extraordinary claim.

We can extrapolate from China's much higher population of high IQ persons than the US that this claim has a high probability of being correct. With the bulk of the US's high IQ persons being top tier graduate students from countries like India, China, Iran, Germany, Korea, etc. as soon as the US economy starts going down, those with high IQs would find it more profitable to leave, and the US will be stuck with a heavy burden of low IQ persons, sucking up their social security benefits, dragging down the economy further, causing an even greater flight of high IQ persons, etc.

Why are you quoting the Sagan rule to me without attribution to the source?

Marcello Truzzi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Truzzi is credited with originating the oft-used phrase "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof," which Carl Sagan then popularized as "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."[12] However, this is a rewording of a quote by Laplace which goes, "The weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness."[13] This, in turn, may have been based on the statement "A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence" by David Hume.[12]"

The fallacy in your logic is that you believe the claim, "China has a prototype stealth fighter," is extraordinary.

As quoted from Wikipedia, which has referenced footnote sources, and Jane's Defence Weekly, defense watchers expect China to conduct a test flight of her stealth fighter around this time period.

The only question is whether we are able to catch a glimpse of the Chinese stealth fighter. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to discern the difference between a fuzzy real picture and a fake. Therefore, the prudent course of action is to leave it to the professionals at Jane's to break the news.

By the way, welcome back Dr. No. With you and China issues, it is always raining; never a sunny day.

Last edited:
Why are you quoting the Sagan rule to me without attribution to the source?
No need for attribution when this rule is well accepted and taught in academia.

The fallacy in your logic is that you believe the claim, "China has a prototype stealth fighter," is extraordinary.

As quoted from Wikipedia, which has referenced footnote sources, and Jane's Defence Weekly, defense watchers expect China to conduct a test flight of her stealth fighter around this time period.

The only question is whether we are able to catch a glimpse of the Chinese stealth fighter. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to discern the difference between a fuzzy real picture and a fake. Therefore, the prudent course of action is to leave it to the professionals at Jane's to break the news.
Then until we see that flight, the claim remain extraordinary. Show me a source from Jane's that specifically mention that pix as part of an assessment.

By the way, welcome back Dr. No. With you and China issues, it is always raining; never a sunny day.
Always glad to pee on any extraordinary claim without supporting evidences. :D

Hey guys look at this vid below China's JXX might look like below:

Last edited by a moderator:
27_14750_9b339d5046e77f2.jpg

just leave Dr.No alone. his days of denying chinese 5th G fighter(or other chinese achievements) are numbered, no?

I have been unhappy with "gambit," because he applies a double standard. He demands a super-strict standard to anything regarding the Chinese military (e.g. show me every single piece of evidence or you're a fanboy).

However, when it comes to the U.S. military, Gambit becomes a fanboy himself and demands "no proof" for hard-to-believe claims. This is fundamentally unfair and raises serious questions about his bias, credibility, and sincerity.

I submit the following evidence. The common sense versus Gambit's "I'll swallow anything that RAAF squadron leader Chappell says" debate starts with post #103 in the link below.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/85440-paf-jxx-fifth-gen-fighter-7.html

Given how long they took to acknowledge J-10 I'm sure that they won't officially release the pictures until a couple squadrons of the plane are already in service.

J20 seems to be quit different from the J10.In 1990s China was more or less a developing poor country comparing today which was without too much confidence.The J7 and J8 were the backbone of the PLAAF .However,the PLAAF has 200 J10s,400 J11s,around 250 JH7A today which is a deadlly airforce around the world with more than 800 4th generation fighters.And all of them are indegenouselly made.
The weaker side always trends to hide something since it has noting.I dont think the PLAAF will consider itself a weak force anymore.It will be more than happy to show the world its powerful muscle.Perhaps they will station the first batch of J20 around 2015 or 2016.So unlike the J10,it wont take us that long to see the clear J20 pictures.

I have been unhappy with "gambit," because he applies a double standard. He demands a super-strict standard to anything regarding the Chinese military (e.g. show me every single piece of evidence or you're a fanboy).

However, when it comes to the U.S. military, Gambit becomes a fanboy himself and demands "no proof" for hard-to-believe claims. This is fundamentally unfair and raises serious questions about his bias, credibility, and sincerity.

I submit the following evidence. The common sense versus Gambit's "I'll swallow anything that RAAF squadron leader Chappell says" debate starts with post #103 in the link below.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/85440-paf-jxx-fifth-gen-fighter-7.html

haha, takes it easy bro.
i said Dr.No's days of denying chinese 5th gen fighter are numbered but i didn't really expect it's actually within hours :yahoo:
but again he can still live in denial--i have no problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom