What's new

Chinese probe successfully maps entire Mars, sends stunning pictures

LOL! That's nice but you don't have to jump in and wave China's flag with your reply posts because the Chinese members here can speak perfectly fine for themselves.

I respect scientific and engineering achievements by any country. I cheer China and the US. I even congratulate Indians for genuine scientific achievements.

Unfortunately in Pakistan, the corrupt elite who have been supported by the Arabs and the US/UK have left the country in such a dismal state, without a single world class technical university while they looted billions, that there are not too many Pakistani scientific achievements. That is why we were hoping for Imran Khan to clean house, but the US didn't like that.

I don't expect many people in the US to agree with me right now, but I believe future historians and US strategists will look back at this moment as the crucial mistake by the US, when it made a short-sighted decision and lost the respect of a whole generation in Pakistan. Usually, young people around the world worship the US as the land of freedom, fun, and opportunity, but the US screwed this one up at least in Pakistan.

I respect scientific and engineering achievements by any country. I cheer China and the US. I even congratulate Indians for genuine scientific achievements.

Nice but that has nothing to do with walking in and yelling a "Hey Grandma" about where you think a flag was made.

Last edited:
If China published high resolution images of Apollo landing site, it would show the American flag had printing in the bottom saying 'Made in China'. :)

The US flag already become a white flag in the moon right now.

China don’t want to insult the childish US & making like US surrendering the moon to China :lol:

Uh huh...still waiting for those moon pictures....which they don't want to share because it shows evidence of the Apollo landings.

February 6, 2012

China on Monday published a full coverage map of the moon, as well as several high-resolution images of the celestial body, captured by the country's second moon orbiter, the Chang'e-2.

The images were photographed by a charge-coupled device (CCD) stereo camera on the Chang'e-2 from heights of 100 km and 15 km over the lunar surface between October 2010 and May 2011, according to a statement from SASTIND.

The resolution of the images obtained from Chang'e-2 is 17 times greater than those taken by the its predecessor, the Chang'e-1.

If there were airports and harbors on the moon, the Chang'e-1 could simply identify them, while the Chang'e-2 would be able to detect planes or ships inside of them, said Tong Qingxi, an academic from the Institute of Remote Sensing Applications under the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

The scientists also spotted traces of the previous Apollo mission in the images, said Yan Jun, chief application scientist for China's lunar exploration project.

Again, you need to update your info boy :enjoy:

The US flag already become a white flag in the moon right now.

That was 1960s technology. We can now use nanotechnology to create materials with permanently bright colors.

butterfly wings appear bright blue due to the constructive interference of light waves. Their wings consist of many air-sandwiched layers of nano-scale structures, kind of like fish scales.3 When the light hits these equally spaced layers, the numerous reflections create constructive interference patterns resulting in our eye perceiving very intense colors. The tiny structures also contribute to the selection of colors by only reflecting certain wavelengths.
[...]
Rather than the color deriving from the material itself, the way light reflects off the nano-arrays of holes is the source of the color here. When light shines onto these arrays of holes, the interference pattern of the light waves leads to a unique image. What is more exciting is that the colors of the images can be tuned by just the geometry and the number of these holes.

Again, you need to update your info boy :enjoy:

Uh-huh...so where is the online link so we can create a new thread on PDF called "check out the images of the Apollo landing areas by the Chinese moon mapper".

Let me guess...it's not because China didn't release the pics to the public...it's because China doesn't have the technology/bandwidth to put those high res pics online for everybody on PDF to see. Instead you have to send $4.99 and get a DVD set instead. :rolleyes1:

Last edited:
Well it would be better to wish Pakistan had some laughs instead of always going out of your way perpetually cheering for somebody else. If you think their goal is to help you out in the end...you better think again. You are just in their way. Right now they are throwing you some smiles to keep you happy...but the smiles will be over when you are not useful anymore.

So I suggest working on those laughs yourself instead of waiting for somebody to hand them to you for free.
Could and can you Americans do much better for Pakistanis ? You speak as if you Americans are the most loyal bunch in the world and haven't turned your back on Pakistan many times in the past.

Last edited:

Chinese probe successfully maps entire Mars, sends stunning pictures​

China's Tianwen-1 orbiter has mapped the entire of Mars, including the planet's South Pole. The spacecraft conducted 1300 revolutions of the Red Planet to image entire planet.

India Today Web Desk
New Delhi
June 29, 2022

Mars_Tianwen_1.jpg

An image of Mars taken by China's Tianwen-1 unmanned probe is seen in this handout image released by China National Space Administration (CNSA). (Photo: CNSA)

After reaching Martian orbit, China's Tianwen-1 mission reached a major milestone and successfully mapped the entire planet. The spacecraft has captured images ranging from Mars' poles to the surface features, canyons, and craters after circling the planet over 1,300 times in a space of just over a year.

The spacecraft was successfully inserted into an orbit around Mars in February 2021 in China's maiden attempt at an interplanetary mission. Chinese scientists not only succeeded in entering Martian orbit in the first attempt, but also landed a rover on the Red Planet and moved around.

Among the images taken from space were China's first photographs of the Martian south pole, where almost all of the planet's water resources are locked. In 2018, an orbiting probe operated by the European Space Agency discovered water under the ice of the planet's south pole.

Mars_Tianwen_2-x675.jpg

An image of Mars taken by China's Tianwen-1 unmanned probe shows cratered surface. (Photo: CNSA)

Other Tianwen-1 images include photographs of the 4,000-kilometre (2,485-mile) long canyon Valles Marineris, and impact craters of highlands in the north of Mars known as Arabia Terra. According to details released by the Chinese space agency, the orbiter has also beamed back high-resolution imagery of the edge of the vast Maunder crater, as well as a top-down view of the 18,000-metre (59,055-foot) Ascraeus Mons, a large shield volcano first detected by NASA's Mariner 9 spacecraft more than five decades ago.

The orbiter has been circling the planet thrice every Martian day or Sol while relaying communication between Earth and the Zhurong rover on the ground. Chinese engineers had in November 2021 revved up the speed of the orbiter by 78 meters per second shifting the orbit time around the planet to begin the mapping campaign.

Before the change of orbit, the orbiter was mainly responsible for the relay communication function of the Zhurong rover. The remote sensing mission will help China develop a comprehensive topographic model of the Red Planet as the search for life continues on the surface.

Mars_Tianwen-x675.jpg

An image of Mars taken by China's Tianwen-1 unmanned probe. (Photo: CNSA)

While the orbiter is flying above the planet, the Zhurong rover is in the large plain area within the largest known impact basin in the solar system. The 240-kilogram robot is the core component of the Tianwen-1 mission. It is the sixth rover to move on the Martian surface after five from the United States.

Did you people find Indian junk over there?

Uh-huh...so where is the online link so we can create a new thread on PDF called "check out the images of the Apollo landing areas by the Chinese moon mapper".

Let me guess...it's not because China didn't release the pics to the public...it's because China doesn't have the technology/bandwidth to put those high res pics online for everybody on PDF to see. Instead you have to send $4.99 and get a DVD set instead. :rolleyes1:

Apollo is NAZI scientist products, We don’t support or promote NAZISM. Sorry 😉

Apollo is NAZI scientist products, We don’t support or promote NAZISM. Sorry 😉

I knew you were doing the usual lying when you said the pictures were available. Not surprised at all that you can't find a link. If it was every conspiracy theorist on the planet would be eagerly jumping on it.

The reality is as was mentioned in the original Chinese new release they show evidence of the Apollo landing sites proving the US landed on the moon. However China doesn't want to clear up all the perpetual doubters of the US's credibility so it is keeping the evidence to itself.

Last edited:
I knew you were doing the usual lying when you said the pictures were available. Not surprised at all that you can't find a link. If it was every conspiracy theorist on the planet would be eagerly jumping on it.

The reality is as was mentioned in the original Chinese new release they show evidence of the Apollo landing sites proving the US landed on the moon. However China doesn't want to clear up all the perpetual doubters of the US's credibility so it is keeping the evidence to itself.

Because Apollo is a fake landing created in hollywood studio :enjoy:

That’s why Chinese probe cannot release the photo of that and give you any link Lol

Tianwen-1 the ultimate Chinese tourist.

Because Apollo is a fake landing created in hollywood studio :enjoy:

That’s why Chinese probe cannot release the photo of that and give you any link Lol

HAHA! The usual sad-sack answer when trying to cover up lies. "We released the pics ..yes we did so haha...ooops I guess we didn't..but the reason was it's all your fault..yeah yeah yeah..that's the reason"

Let's just say the Martians told the Chinese not to give them out...not yourselves..and call it even so you don't lose even more "face".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom