What's new

Chinese Navy ships entered U.S. waters off Alaskan coast

N/A

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
(CNN)Chinese Navy ships entered U.S. territorial waters off of Alaska last week, coming within 12 miles of the coastline, multiple defense officials told CNN Friday.

The Chinese ships were doing operations "consistent with international law," U.S. officials told CNN, under the maritime rule of "innocent passage," where ships are permitted to enter territorial waters and are not challenged so long as they keep moving directly and expeditiously. U.S. officials emphasized that Russian warships exercise "innocent passage" around Alaska with regularity. However, this is a first for Chinese naval ships -- and the transit took place while President Barack Obama was in Alaska.

U.S. Northern Command, whose area of responsibility includes all air, land and sea approaches to the continental U.S. and Alaska, told CNN it is not aware of any communications between the U.S. and Chinese military during the passage. When a CNN crew was aboard a U.S. P8 surveillance aircraft near manmade islands off the coast of China -- islands the U.S. does not recognize as Chinese territory -- the Chinese military warned the flight crew eight times to leave Chinese territory immediately.

Asked about the difference, a defense official told CNN that as a matter of policy, the U.S. does not challenge ships executing safe transit through U.S. territorial waters, in part to be consistent with its history of challenging other nation's excessive territorial claims.

Just waiting for the day, when this will not become a news~:china::usflag:

The Chinese ships were doing operations "consistent with international law," U.S. officials told CNN, under the maritime rule of "innocent passage," where ships are permitted to enter territorial waters and are not challenged so long as they keep moving directly and expeditiously. U.S. officials emphasized that Russian warships exercise "innocent passage" around Alaska with regularity. However, this is a first for Chinese naval ships -- and the transit took place while President Barack Obama was in Alaska.

WTF is this? Why do I get the feeling the Beijing cut a deal to allow USN to sail within 12nm of Spratlys, and then save face by saying, "well we did it to Alaska"?

The US should establish a military base in the Senkaku Islands and fly B2 Spirit bombers over Beijing as a message.
If China retaliates America should free the Spratly and Parcel islands :usflag::sniper:

The US should establish a military base in the Senkaku Islands and fly B2 Spirit bombers over Beijing as a message.
If China retaliates America should free the Spratly and Parcel islands :usflag::sniper:
brother. they even don't allow your satellites pass through there, and you are talking about FLYING B2 over Beijing ?
you must be kidding .

If they attempt to shoot it down it's war. If they dont we announce it to the world and the ccp will lose credibility in china

Why wait, just fire now! Pull the f**ken trigger now Uncle Sam! You have the big big navy fleet right now. And you need to seriously seriously finish off weaker enemies like Iran and North Korea THIS YEAR! No more waiting! C'mon Murica! lol

This is the so-called "freedom of navigation".I think that US shouldn't have been surprised.
We were not surprised.

Freedom of navigation will allow any ship, even a military one from a different country, to be inside that 12-mile limit. Now let us see if you are smart enough to find out why.

WTF is this? Why do I get the feeling the Beijing cut a deal to allow USN to sail within 12nm of Spratlys, and then save face by saying, "well we did it to Alaska"?

Sharp you are.

Well, get use to see us more hovering around your coast.

Not only will this kind of activity become routine in the future but I expect CPC to reverse its no-first-use nuclear policy and buildup the nuclear arsenal. I think the CPC is waiting for the right moment to announce the end of the NFU policy. Also expect a significant increase in military spending by the PLA. It wont be officially announced but unofficially it will get a big boost.

Xi Jinping is most definitely concentrating on building up the military power of the PLA. The PLA is in his blood.

Not only will this kind of activity become routine in the future but I expect CPC to reverse its no-first-use nuclear policy and buildup the nuclear arsenal. I think the CPC is waiting for the right moment to announce the end of the NFU policy. Also expect a significant increase in military spending by the PLA. It wont be officially announced but unofficially it will get a big boost.

Xi Jinping is most definitely concentrating on building up the military power of the PLA. The PLA is in his blood.
Expect 2025 or 2030 at the latest for a real policy shift in nuclear 1st use. It is also importance to remember that as our business abroad increase, our interest will need to be protected. Thus we will increase our patrol and our defense budget will goes up accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom