What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

@cirr
Sorry, but then You completely misunderstood my post; it was only a request to be sure on what date this image was taken and in no way - really never - meant to criticise You,

Sorry for that misunderstanding.

deino

@Deino, I was not complaining, I was not complaining at all.

Sorry if my light-hearted reply sounded grumbling a bit.

New facility to build CV and large surface combatants ??

They are already building so many ??

Almost two decades after buying the hull from Ukraine in 1998, China has finally declared its sole aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, ready for combat.

China's aircraft carrier, as well as the rest of its rapidly modernizing navy, puts Beijing in an elite club with the greatest naval powers in the world. The development has raised eyebrows in the Pacific and globally, as China ignores international law, builds and militarizes artificial islands in the South China Sea, and threatens and bullies its neighbors.

The Liaoning docked at Dalian Port, in Dalian, Liaoning province, in 2012.REUTERS/Stringer
this-is-chinas-only-aircraft-carrier-the-liaoning-like-much-of-chinas-military-hardware-the-liaoning-is-a-reworking-of-an-older-russian-made-model.jpg

The Soviet style of carrier, which Russia and China still use, has a different purpose than the US's flat top carriers. Instead of being a truly global strike carrier, these carriers make more sense for coastal defense.

the-liaonings-particulars-and-capabilities-sound-impressive.jpg

J-15 Flying Shark aircraft on the Liaoning's deck.Global Times via Zhang Kai
over-the-last-four-years-chinas-peoples-liberation-army-navy-has-had-to-build-up-carrier-operations-from-nothing-it-has-never-operated-an-aircraft-carrier-so-it-faced-a-steep-learning-curve.jpg

The Liaoning launches planes off a "ski jump"-style deck because it lacks the catapults that US carriers have.

Two J-15 Flying Shark aircraft sit on the Liaoning's ski-slope platform.Global Times via Zhang Kai

the-liaoning-launches-planes-off-a-ski-jump-style-deck-because-it-lacks-the-catapults-that-us-carriers-have.jpg

This means that the J-15 Flying Shark aircraft that take off from the Liaoning can't carry as much fuel or as many bombs as the US's carrier based planes can. This greatly limits their range and effectiveness in combat.

The Liaoning launches a Flying Leopard missile.Global Times via Zhang Kai
but-while-the-planes-must-travel-light-the-liaoning-boasts-a-heavy-arsenal-of-its-own.jpg

Excuse me, do you mind to tell me how many 052d and 052c had already build? People said there is another 6 ship is building in yard, I am really confuse about the quantities.

Excuse me, do you mind to tell me how many 052d and 052c had already build? People said there is another 6 ship is building in yard, I am really confuse about the quantities.
Only 6 052C , as for 052D a total of 13 are building now.

Now the Shipyard has switch to 055 cruiser.

You mean there are 13 052d commissioned, right? 6 were building. Total 19 052d exist. Thank you.

Quick question............this new facility, i believe a picture of this was posted here a few weeks ago, but what i noticed was, that the interior roof didn't look very high, i.e it didn't look like a Destroyer could be built in one never mind a Carrier. Are we sure this is a new naval shipyard?

Back
Top Bottom