What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

The one with comments is extracted from the one without comments.

Henri K.

P.S. -

Just review twice the photos and the video of 16 Liaoning, there were not only 9 but 10 J-15 figthers on the ship :

100、103、104、105、106、107、108、109、113、114

Henri K.

Last edited:
4th LPD “Yimengshan” got its number :D

230519x9bz8bby0993aykb.png.thumb.jpg

113356fq2gre84gl82kzgc.jpg.thumb.jpg

CV-17 continues to grow in size :azn:

000742dlr2rrl82v6vrli6.png.thumb.jpg

Wow, that's cheap. If it was build in the U.K it will be at least 1billion pounds like our type 45 Destroyers. :hitwall:

Maybe we should outsource our ships designs to China so they can be built in cheaper. That way we can easily double or triple our current warships inventory without increasing our defence procurement/spending . :enjoy:

Good idea。:cool:

Last edited:
Wow, that's cheap. If it was build in the U.K it will be at least 1billion pounds like our type 45 Destroyers. :hitwall:

Maybe we should outsource our ships designs to China so they can be built in cheaper. That way we can easily double or triple our current warships inventory without increasing our defence procurement/spending . :enjoy:

LOL you must be feeling robbed, British tax money well spend :rofl: , your suggestion doesn't sound that bad but you have to get in the queue first because PLAN's Naval Buildup has high priority. :P

LOL you must be feeling robbed, British tax money well spend :rofl: , your suggestion doesn't sound that bad but you have to get in the queue first because PLAN's Naval Buildup has high priority. :P
We can open another ship building line specifical for the royal navy,that will be win win.

Well, it's understandable judging by the fact that we are already a highly developed country, so prices/wages/equipments/environmental laws/safety rules and blah blah blah will be obviously means higher costs compared to developing countries like China and India.
In a couple of decades from now if China keeps its current growth trajectory, it too will reach our level and it too will face similar high costs(it's already starting to feel it even today) in producing its own products than it did before. So better build as much as you can as fast as you can when you still have the chance.:) lol

Well, it's understandable judging by the fact that we are already a highly developed country, so prices/wages/equipments/environmental laws/safety rules and blah blah blah will be obviously means higher costs compared to developing countries like China and India.
In a couple of decades from now if China keeps its current growth trajectory, it too will reach our level and it too will face similar high costs(it's already starting to feel it even today) in producing its own products than it did before. So better build as much as you can as fast as you can when you still have the chance.:) lol

Well, it is true, the costs of British military equipment is very high, and as a lot of our stuff gets built in small numbers the individual costs are huge. I've been on a Type 45 Destroyer, and the build quality was superb. The command centre room, with all its computer consoles was very high tech, with everything being immaculate, and not a spot of dirt anywhere!
If the Chinese can build us some Type 45's cheaper for us, than we can, and maintain the high build quality then why not? :-)

Well, it is true, the costs of British military equipment is very high, and as a lot of our stuff gets built in small numbers the individual costs are huge. I've been on a Type 45 Destroyer, and the build quality was superb. The command centre room, with all its computer consoles was very high tech, with everything being immaculate, and not a spot of dirt anywhere!
If the Chinese can build us some Type 45's cheaper for us, than we can, and maintain the high build quality then why not? :-)

100% agree bro.
So you have been on a Type 45 destroyer? Which one of them?
I have been on HMS DEFENDER when it held an open day event in Greenwich. Man that destroyer is awesome, just have to see it to believe it, words don't do it justice.(plus it's said by many defence analyst to be the best air defence warship in the world). :)

I agree we can outsource our warship designs to be built in developing countries(those who have the infrastructure to do so),so we can keep costs down and build more. Of course the critical sensitive parts should be built here and installed on the ship once it gets here. We originally intended to build 13 type 45. But ended up building just 6 because of the high spiralling cost of over $1.2 billion each. WTF?? :(

I can't imagine what you guys have to pay in a couple of decades from now for one piece of modern destroyer :lol:
But China is different than England, we have manpower and capacity for manufacturing on a large scale. No need to worry about us :rofl: our blue water navy is coming :china:

100% agree bro.
So you have been on a Type 45 destroyer? Which one of them?
I have been on HMS DEFENDER when it held an open day event in Greenwich. Man that destroyer is awesome, just have to see it to believe it, words don't do it justice.(plus it's said by many defence analyst to be the best air defence warship in the world). :)

I agree we can outsource our warship designs to be built in developing countries(those who have the infrastructure to do so),so we can keep costs down and build more. Of course the critical sensitive parts should be built here and installed on the ship once it gets here. We originally intended to build 13 type 45. But ended up building just 6 because of the high spiralling cost of over $1.2 billion each. WTF?? :(

I went on HMS Daring a few years ago at a Portsmouth Navy day. HMS Dauntless was there as well, together with a couple of Type 23 Frigates and a Type 22 Frigate. The Type 23 Frigates were very well armed for there size, but there wasn't a lot of room on them to get around. The Batch 3 Type 22 was a very powerful ship, and was pretty much a better all round warship, than a Type 42 Destroyer.............shame that our dimwit politicians got rid of the 4 batch 3 Frigates, a few years ago, and sold them for about £10 each. Unbelievable! :(

That's what i like about the Chinese Navy, they hold onto their assets, because their politicians obviously know there worth.

I can't imagine what you guys have to pay in a couple of decades from now for one piece of modern destroyer :lol:
But China is different than England, we have manpower and capacity for manufacturing on a large scale. No need to worry about us :rofl: our blue water navy is coming :china:

We don't worry about you.....because you are our friends. :-)

Back
Top Bottom