What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

055 has been delayed until 2015, but they will build about 8 more 052D in 2014 for a total of 18 ships.

:coffee:

c021f6fetw1ecrct1fiqzj218g0tndt5.jpg

That impressive China took less than 2 yrs to build this ship after Ukraine deliver the first 2 ships to China, took Ukraine 4 yrs to build the other 2 and China less than a yr to complete their 1st one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is this ship upgrade on the ship deliver to China or this ship just complete it 1st production in China shipyard?

Chinese navy corvette project received ten 056

982942_original.jpg

January 26, 2014 at the naval base in Shantou (Guangdong) China was officially entered in the Southern fleet PLA Navy corvette (small frigate) Jieyang (side number "587") project 056 (Jiangdao class) - as the tenth part of the ship Project transferred to the Chinese navy in less than a year.

Jieyang Corvette was built at shipyard Guangzhou Huangpu Shipbuiding Sompany in Guangzhou, which is part of the State Shipbuilding Corporation, China Shipbuilding State Corporation (CSSC), and was launched on January 28, 2013.

Program of mass construction in China corvettes (small frigates) 056 project is carried out on the four shipyards - in addition to the shipyard Guangzhou Huangpu Shipbuiding Sompany in Guangzhou, also participate in the program shipyards Hudong Shipyard (Shipbuilding Association Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding Group) in Shanghai, Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Company in Wuhan and Dalian Liaonan Shipyard in Dalian. Head corvette this type Bengbu (side number "582") was built by Hudong Shipyard, where construction began in 2010, launched on May 22, 2012, transferred to the factory sea trials November 6, 2012 and handed over the PLA Navy February 25, 2013 . Total from February to October 2013 in the Chinese fleet was introduced eight corvettes of project 056, and two more - in January 2014 (Jieyang and delivered to the Navy on January 8 Ji'an built Hudong Shipyard). For at least another ten corvettes of this type are now in China in various stages of construction (including eight - in the completion afloat or on sea trials).

Of the ten corvettes 056 project included now in the PLA Navy, two are in the Northern Fleet, three - Eastern Fleet, and five - the South Sea Fleet.

That impressive China took less than 2 yrs to build this ship after Ukraine deliver the first 2 ships to China, took Ukraine 4 yrs to build the other 2 and China less than a yr to complete their 1st one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is this ship upgrade on the ship deliver to China or this ship just complete it 1st production in China shipyard?

You mean zubra? We received only one from Ukraine

This variant (Z-18FQ?) carries a large surface search radar under its nose and the FLIR/TV turret was relocated to the starboard side. The helicopter also has large pylons installed for carrying large AShMs (e.g. YJ-83K). Dozens of small openings are positioned along its rear loading ramp which could be used to release sonobuoys.

Z-18FQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom