131436bie4buyudo4bn4dh.jpg

125753jpzanrm3rre3mmwu.jpg

Another 056 nearly ready for launch
131258lftztzy5thutiylc.jpg

More to come
131544v3mnes4czx32ksfk.jpg

CCG cutters
130337k1x6ckfkxlz0ca1r.jpg
too many type056 in building plan, such ship only patrolling in South China Sea, not belong to main combat ships in PLAN. Some money waste on such small ships.

too many type056 in building plan, such ship only patrolling in South China Sea, not belong to main combat ships in PLAN. Some money waste on such small ships.

Agreed.

China need type 055 cruisers, type 075 LHD and Type 071 LPD.

Type 055 cruisers are the heavyweight weapons that will put the fear into an enemy such as the US.

Type 056 are the lightweight weapons that can only scare Viets and Pinoys.

Agreed.

Type 055 cruisers are the heavyweight weapons that will put the fear into an enemy such as the US.

China does have a very long coastline to protect, and the 056 is a very capable vessel, as the current patrol craft are very old now, and in need of replacing.
Anyway, i think what members here are saying is that they dont want the 056 programme given more priority over the larger warship classes that are being built right now, but i dont think that is happening.
Like nearly everyone else, i'am really looking forward to seeing the new 055 Cruiser, as this warship is going to be one of the best warships in the world. :-)
We know that from 2020 onwards, we should see China building much larger naval vessels such as carriers and LHD's and LPD's...............but what about Submarines, as we don't hear much about this, and the numbers of nuclear powered subs have stayed about the same. This is the one area the Chinese Navy really needs to grow.

Agreed.

China is preparing to open three lines of production for the missile DDG and two lines of production for the nuclear sub.

At this pace, China can ensure that to commission 3 Type 052D, 2 Type 055, 2 Type 093B/095 in every year.

China does have a very long coastline to protect, and the 056 is a very capable vessel, as the current patrol craft are very old now, and in need of replacing.
Anyway, i think what members here are saying is that they dont want the 056 programme given more priority over the larger warship classes that are being built right now, but i dont think that is happening.
Like nearly everyone else, i'am really looking forward to seeing the new 055 Cruiser, as this warship is going to be one of the best warships in the world. :-)
We know that from 2020 onwards, we should see China building much larger naval vessels such as carriers and LHD's and LPD's...............but what about Submarines, as we don't hear much about this, and the numbers of nuclear powered subs have stayed about the same. This is the one area the Chinese Navy really needs to grow.
China only builds small ship at fast speed. When comes to big ship, they took ages just to build one... Its pathetic now we have only 4 Type052D commissioned.

056 actually play a very important role in near shore defence. Working together with shore based YJ-12/YJ-18/YJ-62 SSM, HQ-9 SAM, JH-7A strike fighter and shore based radars, 022 missile boats etc, this class of ships takes its place as a fluid defence unit within 300 km from shore along China's long coast line from North Korean border to Guangxi, especially in anti-submarine warfare in shallow waters off China coasts as well as harbour and naval base defence.

Another important role it plays is to free 054A and all destroyers from near shore duties, thus the larger ships can be deployed far from shore, several thousand km away.

It is also suitable for long term based station duties in all islands in South China Sea.

Last edited:
China will build a full spectrum of naval ships in sizes and functions. :D

A very impressive programme.

This is the work from one shipyard, but when it comes to 2 or 3 shipyards, then the pace will be entirely different.

That apart, I believe that China has done precisely the right thing by strengthening her inshore defences first, and slowly extending her range more and more, absorbing more and more technology as she seeks to extend her defensive perimeters. From corvette to frigate to destroyer to cruiser, that is the way to go.

China only builds small ship at fast speed. When comes to big ship, they took ages just to build one... Its pathetic now we have only 4 Type052D commissioned.

We all would like to see more warships made more quickly.....but that's just the way of things.

In fact i believe China commissions more warships each year than any other country, and that includes the USA.

Obviously, the majority of these new ships are of the 056 class, which seems to be being built at an amazing rate, at something like 8 ships a year.

The 052D is actually still being made faster than any other similar destroyer of size and complexity, from any other nation.
In fact the first of class was commissioned in a very fast time.....though i seem to remember some of us noticed that the build quality of the hull around the hanger area, didn't look very good. Ship was probably rushed through construction, so the Navy could test the new systems, to see if there were faults that could affect the other ships of the class that had also started building.

The ships that did take along time to finish, were the last 2 or so of the 052C class Destroyer, which took years from launching to being commissioned.........i believe this was down to problems with the new gas turbine engines, but who knows.

The 054A Frigates, seem to be being made quicker now, as quite a few have been completed in the last year or so.

As someone pointed out, now that China is getting other shipyards to help out with its naval expansion programme, then the building rates can only get quicker.

Just think that here in Europe by contrast, it appears to be quite a rare event nowadays for a new major warship to be built.

Its really just a case of patience...............all good things will come soon for the Chinese.............lucky people! :-)

End of year, this baby is very likely to be launched given the speed of development.

Beast, the development is to be accelerated for quick deployment in SCS. Expect to see A002 coming into news soon.

Nobody needed this mess in SCS or ECS... but then those who want to contain China will not wait.

Expect also some tours and port calls in Arabian seas along with your iron brother some excercises in their EEZ.

Indians are not going to like these developments but then they should have not interfered into China internal afairs in SCS and ECS.

Beast, the development is to be accelerated for quick deployment in SCS. Expect to see A002 coming into news soon.

Nobody needed this mess in SCS or ECS... but then those who want to contain China will not wait.

Expect also some tours and port calls in Arabian seas along with your iron brother some excercises in their EEZ.

Indians are not going to like these developments but then they should have not interfered into China internal afairs in SCS and ECS.
They stirred the wrong nest. :enjoy:

Someone here mentioned that a 3rd shipyard could be used to build 052D Destroyers. What shipyard is that exactly, HP or HD or some other?
I wouldn't be surprised for this to happen, as JN shipyard will certainly be concentrating its efforts on the even larger 055 Cruiser/Destroyer, now and in the future, and perhaps even Dalian.
Anyone got any official news on this?

Anyway, the Chinese naval shipyards are going strong at the present with large production runs of the 052D, 054A and 056. :-)

@Sinopakfriend
The Dragon Nest shipyard of GSI in GuangZhou! For building 052E and 055 !

40,000T 075 LHD will be cutting steel at the end of 2016 !!!

TB2K15mtXXXXXcuXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!195235561.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom