What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

1323587975_13790.jpg

Chines carrier return after 2nd sea trial

163240so909kozckll8byz.jpg

Real or Fake? For me, it looks real, but im a noob.

^^^ There is some small difference in the landing lines, also the top search radar seems to be round one.

Waiting for more confirmation.

30il0rb.jpg

2wp08y0.jpg

Looks like there is little doubt that the PLAN is going ahead with the type 056, and that she is probably going to look very closely to the illustration.

30il0rb.jpg

2wp08y0.jpg

Looks like there is little doubt that the PLAN is going ahead with the type 056, and that she is probably going to look very closely to the illustration.

A pretty small ship.
How many do you guys think the Navy would build this model, 50 plus?

30il0rb.jpg

2wp08y0.jpg

This is great news. Look at the curves, the Type 056 is the stealthiest PLAN warship yet. Obviously it will not have VLS. But from the graphic it has 2 CIWS on port and starboard and one SeaRAM copy facing aft. It looks like it holds 4 or 8 anti-ship missiles as well. It looks like it can do anti-submarine warfare too with a helicopter deck.

China needs 200 of these, fast.

This is great news. Look at the curves, the Type 056 is the stealthiest PLAN warship yet. Obviously it will not have VLS. But from the graphic it has 2 CIWS on port and starboard and one SeaRAM copy facing aft. It looks like it holds 4 or 8 anti-ship missiles as well. It looks like it can do anti-submarine warfare too with a helicopter deck.

China needs 200 of these, fast.

I don't think there are 2 CIWS on port and starboard, least no the gatling type series. They looked like single barreled 30mm guns to me for engaging smaller ships. Looks like it will also carry 4 anti-ship missiles for bigger opponents.

The two smaller guns will be like those below:

130949041032847.jpg

I don't think there are 2 CIWS on port and starboard, least no the gatling type series. They looked like single barreled 30mm guns to me for engaging smaller ships. Looks like it will also carry 4 anti-ship missiles for bigger opponents.

The two smaller guns will be like those below:

130949041032847.jpg
You are right. There are four missiles in the illustration. IMO, there is space for one additional SeaRAM copy facing stern. That will give close to 360 degree coverage. Right on top of the bridge.

This is truly a moment to be proud, because China has achieve world class standards in corvette class ships. Just the stealth shaping is as advanced as the UK Type 45 destroyer HMS Daring.

IMO, this is the class of vessels that would be the backbone of China's fleet to patrol our maritime periphery like Diaoyutai, Paracels and Spratlys. Our advantage vis-a-vis the USA is China is geographically close, so we can send hundreds of small, densely-packed vessels to the disputed waters to fight while US Navy fights with a heavy blue water navy.

I expect we will see Type 056 mass produced from 2012-2016. Perhaps Type 052C will continue in 2012-2013 and then in 2014 we will switch over to Type 052D air defense destroyer, which should be on-par with world class destroyers like HMS Daring. The Type 052D destroyer and our future carriers should be the backbone of the blue water navy.

Ex-Varyag is out for her 3rd sea-trial.

1324364958204.jpg

173032fz88bbmmkz27mw7m.jpg

I find it hard to belief, but maybe they will test landing with J-15 fighters.

Test landing probably won't occur until later next year.

I think so too.

A first report about 3rd trial.

First Chinese aircraft carrier might soon embark on its third trial at sea - Taipei Times

According to Chinese media, People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) pilots conducted a series of low-altitude flybys on carrier-based J-15 aircraft, but no landing on deck was attempted. PLAN pilots have no experience performing difficult landings on an aircraft carrier and have been using concrete structures on land to practice on.

Unnamed sources said landings could be attempted during the third sea trial. No date has been given yet for the operation.

I'm for one happy that this 3rd started so short after the 2nd trial. Means that it went quite good & that there are no big problems right now.
But i want that they already rename it.

Looks like things are proceding smoothly. I heard rumors they've tested taking off from the CV. Landing will be the hardest part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom