What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Ummmm.... i too wonder whats going on at 'Dalian' shipyard'.
From what ive seen of pictures posted by members, it looks like the shipyard is doing all the preparation work for starting work on the carrier programme, whenever that starts.
Yes, they built the 'Liaoning' there, but next time they need to build an entire carrier (ie the hull as well), therefore other things have to be prepared in advance.
Regarding the 052D's, it was said quite some time ago that 'Dalian' would be building 2 vessels to start off with, but no evidence of this has come to fruition...........probably because if vessels were under construction now, we wouldnt know this until there launching, as i believe 'Dalian' is not a very accessible shipyard for photographic opportunities......unlike other Chinese shipyards, such as 'JN, HD and HP' (can our Chinese members here confirm this?).

Anyway.........i'am looking forward to following developments of the Chinese Navy next year, as i reckon this will be the beginning of the next phase till 2020, when China will start building some really impressive new classes of warship.
Particularly the mighty missile cruiser the Type 055! :-)

An English Man ? :unsure:

You better not be a Manchester United fan ! :mad:

But if you're a Kopite; you're my Brother ! :cheers:

An English Man ? :unsure:

You better not be a Manchester United fan ! :mad:

But if you're a Kopite; you're my Brother ! :cheers:

Yes........i'am English.........and i don't follow either of the teams you mentioned, but a certain team from London, beginning with 'T'. :-)

I follow Chinese military developments, as they seem to be one of the few nations at the moment who have the political will, and money to modenize their defence forces!

In comparison in the UK we will be building 3 poxy Offshore Patrol vessels in the next few years, before we start building the Type 26 Frigate. It will be interesting to see how the new expected Chinese Type 054B (057) Frigate compares!

Last edited:
DDG 152 ”Jinan

DDG152-jinan.jpg

formally commissioned on 22.12.2014 at PLAN East China Sea Fleet's Zhoushan port :-)

Took so long to commission. Still one more Type052C to go.

Well done 'CIRR', you have confirmed what I always believed, that 052D '152' hadn't been commissioned in the summer.......as there was no news of such an event for a major vessel. Its a shame though that some people will fill in data on 'wiki' that is clearly untrue.
2014 has been a strange year for PLAN commissions of its major vessels................i.e. the first 052D '172' was commissioned months ahead of what everyone expected, and once commissioned it then appeared to go through a major series of trials and then back to the shipyard.
While 052C '152' had been completed a long time ago, and even had its pennant number painted on before this summer!

I believe we should see the commissioning of the last 052C '153' early next year together with the 2nd 052D, and at least one 054A Frigate.

Well done 'CIRR', you have confirmed what I always believed, that 052D '152' hadn't been commissioned in the summer.......as there was no news of such an event for a major vessel. Its a shame though that some people will fill in data on 'wiki' that is clearly untrue.
2014 has been a strange year for PLAN commissions of its major vessels................i.e. the first 052D '172' was commissioned months ahead of what everyone expected, and once commissioned it then appeared to go through a major series of trials and then back to the shipyard.
While 052C '152' had been completed a long time ago, and even had its pennant number painted on before this summer!

I believe we should see the commissioning of the last 052C '153' early next year together with the 2nd 052D, and at least one 054A Frigate.

Dalian D1(DL-D1) :D

DL-D1.jpg

Last edited:
My New Year wishes :D

1 Details and progresses of Type 075 LHD。
2 Modules of Type 055 DDG
3 Nuclear subs

Back
Top Bottom