What's new

Chinese Missiles News & Discussions

Does anyone here know what model this truck is? Dimensions of it etc. Pzkilo suggested that it is "ws51200" but that truck is too large, and Google search gave me pictures of different trucks using that same name.
3UQ7Z.png

This new TEL (seen few months ago) seems to be using that truck but with few modifications.
xcZAP.jpg

Knowing that trucks dimensions would make it easier to estimate length of that missile canister.

Perhaps its this one?

o7gki.jpg

Yeah, that looks more like it. DF-21's length is almost 11m and that missile canister what this new TEL is carrying should be at least 15m.

Does anyone here know what model this truck is? Dimensions of it etc. Pzkilo suggested that it is "ws51200" but that truck is too large, and Google search gave me pictures of different trucks using that same name.
3UQ7Z.png

This new TEL (seen few months ago) seems to be using that truck but with few modifications.
xcZAP.jpg

Knowing that trucks dimensions would make it easier to estimate length of that missile canister.

Bill Gertz claims the new thermonuclear-capable Chinese 4,000km IRBM (to potentially strike Guam) is "about 25 to 30 percent larger than the DF-21 missile."

Additional excerpt: "Chinese military bloggers said the new missile is different from the already deployed DF-31 intercontinental ballistic missile, and also six feet longer than the DF-21 medium-range missile."

Reference: China Unveils New Nuke Missile

I have suggested China may fire 100 DF-21D ASBMs to arrive near-simultaneously and attack an aircraft carrier. However, is this economically feasible? As shown in the citation below, each DF-21D ASBM costs between $5 to $10.5 million per missile.

How are these missiles guided?

if the US have two carriers in the region that is 200 missiles according to your theory.

may i ask how they are guided?

if the US have two carriers in the region that is 200 missiles according to your theory.

good question
how they are guided?
if its not deleted by her Hu Songshan

good question
how they are guided?
if its not deleted by her Hu Songshan
He will probably say something vague like 'terminal guidance', as if he understands the proper context of 'terminal' here.

He will probably say something vague like 'terminal guidance', as if he understands the proper context of 'terminal' here.

It will be interesting to see what the response will be. This is a genuine case where I am really curious to find out.

let's see.

er..only my personal opinion here:will it be similar as space shuffle or x-37?

Take your pick.

1. GPS via Beidou satellites.

2. Active radar during terminal phase.

3. Infrared during terminal phase.

4. Optical (via TV) during terminal phase.

5. Laser guidance via targeting by (stealth) drone.

These are all standard and proven terminal guidance systems.

6. Theoretically, if a Chinese submarine or SOSUS has triangulated the acoustic location of the carriers then the data can be relayed to a missile and inertial guidance may be sufficient. After all, some of the 100 missiles should strike the carrier if the CEP is sufficiently reasonable or an "area effect" warhead like flechettes are used.

7. Theoretically, a warhead can act like an anti-radiation missile and home in on the carrier's electromagnetic radiation (e.g. emitted radar or radio communications).

You can be sure that USN wont let any UAV or subs get anywhere near the carrier. And track a carrier group in the middle of an ocean with satellites? Please tell me it is a joke....

You can be sure that USN wont let any UAV or subs get anywhere near the carrier. And track a carrier group in the middle of an ocean with satellites? Please tell me it is a joke....

Why not? I don't remember the U.S. being immune to (stealth) UAVs and having a perfect record of detecting and shooting down UAVs.

Also, why doesn't the U.S. have to fight Chinese subs? China has 71 subs. U.S. only has 60. The Chinese know the waters off their coast very well. Their subs practice there all the time. As far as I know, the U.S. does not hold its submarine drills in Chinese waters. The advantage lies with the Chinese submarine force.

What's wrong with tracking carrier groups with satellites? Have you never heard of optical (during the day) or infrared (during the night) satellites? You think the search radars and radio communications from carrier groups cannot be detected by planes, UAVs, or satellites?

The joke is your stupidity.

Take your pick.

if i have to take my pick, does that mean that the actual info is not out there right ?
Essentially an assumptions game.
Now that we have established that, let go down the list.

1. GPS via Beidou satellites. If I am not mistaken, these satellites are only providing position, they are not targeting satellites.Right?

2. Active radar during terminal phase. - A possibility, although the technical hurdles of such an approach have been exhaustively presented. Even with the more advance radar one can possibly imagine, the approach has many weaknesses.

3. Infrared during terminal phase. - A slightly more robust method. It a lower potential system to start with, but the more robust one

4. Optical (via TV) during terminal phase. -- laughable.

5. Laser guidance via targeting by (stealth) drone. A technological possibility, unlikely though. A simple LWR would make the Drone long before any missiles get there.

These are all standard and proven terminal guidance systems. -- Yes, for once we agree. But not for such a weapon use as your favorite carrier killer missile.

6. Theoretically, if a Chinese submarine or SOSUS has triangulated the acoustic location of the carriers then the data can be relayed to a missile and inertial guidance may be sufficient. After all, some of the 100 missiles should strike the carrier if the CEP is sufficiently reasonable or an "area effect" warhead like flechettes are used.

you are just forgetting that the carrier would have moved about 13Km in the meantime. That is a large distance.

7. Theoretically, a warhead can act like an anti-radiation missile and home in on the carrier's electromagnetic radiation (e.g. emitted radar or radio communications).

perhaps, but that would mean it has a seeker far more advanced than anything currently out there. I am not saying it is not possible, but if such a seeker existed we would have seen smaller versions in advanced anti radiation missiles from china. Perhaps I have missed it, but I don't remember that.

Take your pick.

1. GPS via Beidou satellites.

2. Active radar during terminal phase.

3. Infrared during terminal phase.

4. Optical (via TV) during terminal phase.

5. Laser guidance via targeting by (stealth) drone.

These are all standard and proven terminal guidance systems.

what's the speeds of MaRV during re-entry and impact/blast ?

Back
Top Bottom