What's new

Chinese Martial Arts

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

who are the indian kung fu masters? that's only if they even exist.
Obviously Bodhidharma was the greatest Indian kung fu master of all time.....he builds his career abroad in china like many professionals at preset chosen to work away from their home country

We are the result of our own intentions. Tae-kwon do is a very deadly art if practiced and the user is committed to it.

Bullshido? :blink:

I am a great admirer of Bushido. I always wanted to learn it, but never got time or the opportunity to train :cry:

Bushido is not a style and cannot be learned.

It is basically the "Way of the Warrior" so it is either something you have or are instilled with.

Street experience tells me that bouncers will beat the crap out of anyone no matter how many black belts he has.

I have seen a 6.7'' guy taking a full power spin kick in the face and then just carrying on with the pounding of the poor guy ...

there is a reason why no amount of Karate or boxing in the world will not let you beat up a bear or a gorilla

full power spin on the face and he still stands? hard to believe boss.. either the spin kick is too weak else it did not hit the right place.

Street experience tells me that bouncers will beat the crap out of anyone no matter how many black belts he has.

I have seen a 6.7'' guy taking a full power spin kick in the face and then just carrying on with the pounding of the poor guy ...

there is a reason why no amount of Karate or boxing in the world will not let you beat up a bear or a gorilla

Maybe the kick didn't land in the proper place.

Most of the head is very hard - it is meant to protect your brain after all. I've seen people breaking their fists when trying to punch people in the head; thats why boxers wear gloves - to protect their own hands.

The energy from a punch has to be transferred somewhere; if it lands in the correct place it will be transmitted through the brain and knock the person down regardless of their size.

Maybe the kick didn't land in the proper place.

Most of the head is very hard - it is meant to protect your brain after all. I've seen people breaking their fists when trying to punch people in the head; thats why boxers wear gloves - to protect their own hands.

The energy from a punch has to be transferred somewhere; if it lands in the correct place it will be transmitted through the brain and knock the person down regardless of their size.

again to you want to consider a bit about this and a gorilla for instance? I think the enormous muscles on the neck and shoulders will help absorb the energy and that is why the guy kept on and pounded the guy.

Spin usually aim face, how come the shoulder/neck muscles absorb it?

Try Aikido i spar against a guy close to that he has 8inches in height and 40kg on me.

again to you want to consider a bit about this and a gorilla for instance? I think the enormous muscles on the neck and shoulders will help absorb the energy and that is why the guy kept on and pounded the guy.

No human will ever be as strong as a gorilla, it's an unfair comparison. Another gorilla OTH might have a good shot at beating this gorilla.

Anyway, if it was just about muscles, then muscular fighters would never get knocked out - but they do, we see it all the time in professional fighting (and that's with gloves).

A big muscular person may have huge neck and shoulder muscles, but there is very little muscle on the jaw or the temple - a powerful hit landed directly in these areas would have a very good chance of knocking them out because the energy would travel straight to the brain.

No human will ever be as strong as a gorilla, it's an unfair comparison. Another gorilla OTH might have a good shot at beating this gorilla.

Anyway, if it was just about muscles, then muscular fighters would never get knocked out - but they do, we see it all the time in professional fighting (and that's with gloves).

A big muscular person may have huge neck and shoulder muscles, but there is very little muscle on the jaw or the temple - a powerful hit landed directly in these areas would have a very good chance of knocking them out because the energy would travel straight to the brain.

Well what you are forgetting is that the smaller guys in UFC for example are also fighters. Very well trained and much stronger than the average individual.

the shoulder muscles I mean the ones right and left of the neck, and back neck muscles help, because they provide the support for the head and won't let it move violently in case of a blow causing the impact damage.

Well what you are forgetting is that the smaller guys in UFC for example are also fighters. Very well trained and much stronger than the average individual.

the shoulder muscles I mean the ones right and left of the neck, and back neck muscles help, because they provide the support for the head and won't let it move violently in case of a blow causing the impact damage.

thats what ive been saying, for the average person, muscular ability determines the outcome of fights. very few people are trained to the level where it makes a huge difference against someone stronger.

Here is one Indian kung fu master. :rofl: Not!!

kalari payattu is the grand daddy of all these fancy shaolin moves....

this kalari master can touch two nerves in your neck and make you go vegetate in a minute...

gung fu is more for show these days.... no doubt chinese martial arts is however more refined then most others.

i do think muay thai is a far more effective martial art

Not really , muay thai can do damage to your joints.
I think the best way is to have a mixture of kick-boxing for raw power, kung fu for technequics and brazillin jujitsu.

Back
Top Bottom