What's new

Chinese Manga is coming...good ;)

Any one into Street Fighter? I was surprised when the last episode of The King's Avatar Featured Ken (Ye Qiu) vs Ryu (brawler boss char). I hear it's getting a live action TV drama too..

brawler.png

ryu.png

ken.png

hadoken.png

Here is the actual clip (spoilers alert):

IMO the brawler boss is 10x more stylish than Ryu. China always goes for the substance, but when style is needed, there is no comparison (vs Japanese style as China always wins this category hands down)...

(BTW, I couldn't find an ENG sub of the clip, but the link in the above quote will provide u with the full last ep with Eng subtitle...)

A bit more about The King's Avatar, here's why Ye Xiu/Lord Grim = Ken Masters (but more stylish) from Street Fighter:

ken5.png

You'll notice why Lord Grim is in armor coz his opposite (the Brawler boss = Ryu) even has a metal shoulder armor on one side...

(Continued from post above)

Cosplay MV that highlights Ken's (Ye Qiu's) two red tails (scarf ends) better:

tumblr_mfbakstu0r1qcsesho1_500.gif

(Just like the J-20, Ye Qiu's scarf ends r bigger, longer, more ragged than the Street Fighter equivalent)

Last edited:
Yes...
But we also have Taoism and Confucianism. Virtually all modern Chinese novels and comics are based on Taoist culture.

http://www.novelupdates.com/genre/xianxia/

btw, do you have any recommendation of good Xianxia / xuanhuan (translated one)? I've read some of it. I'm not talking about the popular ones like ATG, Battle through the heaven, Coiling Dragon, or some other. But I want to seek a hidden gem that I can enjoy.

btw, do you have any recommendation of good Xianxia / xuanhuan (translated one)? I've read some of it. I'm not talking about the popular ones like ATG, Battle through the heaven, Coiling Dragon, or some other. But I want to seek a hidden gem that I can enjoy.
I suggest you read Zhu Xian(诛仙). The literal explanation is killing immortals. Because the main idea of the novel is that God is cruel, he sees all life as dog. So... He is fair to all life. but If anyone wants to escape from his own destiny and try to be a God, God will kill him. But I think the theme of the novel is love.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/zhu-xian/

BTW, this novel has been filmed into a TV play——青云志.
14692937647358800074.jpg

005yGpyhjw1eyvudmc8srj30qo0g075s.jpg

cf3526208592164606b1cee357c00b68753368b1.jpg

006olHc3jw1f6tjur3n9mj30hs0jvdsw.jpg

20160711_rttqvqnbmx3.jpg

Last edited:
Tales of Demons and Gods

A bit more about The King's Avatar, here's why Ye Xiu/Lord Grim = Ken Masters (but more stylish) from Street Fighter:

ken5.png

You'll notice why Lord Grim is in armor coz his opposite (the Brawler boss = Ryu) even has a metal shoulder armor on one side...

BTW, the reason why I posted all those pics above is to say this...

Don't know about the book, but the anime adaptation of The King's Avatar is the most cleverly disguised Street Fighter spoof in the world. But so what? It was originally the Japanese's idea to reinforce reefs and atolls. But China produced 100x the glory to this idea a la South China Sea style. As such, The King's Avatar brings 10x the glory/10x the complexity over the Japanese 'work'.

Anyways I hear the main protagonist pair have already been cast for the live action TV drama series and that it will be 80 episodes long (probably just the aired version, the uncut version will probably be about 50-60 episodes):

O38QemA4_dc56d3_c2x.jpg

I have been hearing from most sources that Dilraba in not in this anymore and female lead will be played by Sophie Zhang (http://mydramalist.com/people/7646-zhang-sophie). Also they said filming should be underway at the end of September and broadcast will be in April 2018.

But so what? It was originally the Japanese's idea to reinforce reefs and atolls. But China produced 100x the glory to this idea a la South China Sea style. As such, The King's Avatar brings 10x the glory/10x the complexity over the Japanese 'work
Don't worry,China is not a gambler.so no need to gamble.

China has a lot of children and low quality animations.still a long way to go especially westerners know nothing about chinese culture.maybe their next generation have a good view to China.learn chinese,earn more for life,so obviously I am a counterexample.

Just a few more pics on The King's Avatar 全职高手 Chinese animation and then I will shut up on this topic:

yeqiu.png

Is this a cape or long red hair? (Ye Qiu's cape with tapered end is red just like Ken from Street Fighter's favorite color...)

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

我看书比较杂,有穿越历史的,有搞笑的,有科幻玄奇的,也有修仙的。把我以前看过,能记起来的。排名不分先后,想到哪个就写哪个了
卡徒,诛仙,狼群,贼胆,新宋,邪风曲,升龙道,搜神记
暂时想到这些,都是一些比较老的书。还有很多,记不起来了

Back
Top Bottom