What's new

chinese j 21 snowy owl new stealth jet??

Maxpane

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
J-21 Snowy Owl China's New Fighter Aircraft Rumors
Under the Snowy Owl nomenclature, China is said to be secretly developing a triplane-canard-configurated fighter that has a totally different layout than the J-20, CCTV was quoted by Hong Kong-based Sing Tao Daily as reporting. Some Chinese online military experts believe that the Snowy Owl fighter is currently being developed by the AVIC Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SIC).

Online information regarding the SIC says that it is manufacturing a new type of aircraft whose design uses triplane canard configuration, Chinese netizens reported. The aircraft has a fixed vertical wing, and the engine has rhomboidal nozzles, according to the CCTV report, adding that the design renders the aircraft lighter than most of the fourth generation fighters.

The fighter — dubbed the J-21 or Snowy Owl by analysts — has been nicknamed “the rice dumpling plane” by internet pundits because of its appearance in photos and videos of what appears to be a small jet covered by camouflage tarp. The plane’s discernible size and shape, as well as apparent efforts at some degree of secrecy, suggests it may be a prototype of a carrier-based fighter.

The Chinese are remarkable when it comes to taking a project from NPI phase to mass production and the pace at which they get things done. I guess the biggest drawback with Indian PSUs is project management skills and corruption involved. We should learn from the Chinese and also involve private firms to speed up the development of our indigenous weapons systems

The Chinese are remarkable when it comes to taking a project from NPI phase to mass production and the pace at which they get things done. I guess the biggest drawback with Indian PSUs is project management skills and corruption involved. We should learn from the Chinese and also involve private firms to speed up the development of our indigenous weapons systems
in latest documentary PAC official said our production teams work 24/7 on JF-17 project. no matter EIDs holidays mohrram festivals whatever .

in latest documentary PAC official said our production teams work 24/7 on JF-17 project. no matter EIDs holidays mohrram festivals whatever .
I'm talking about development phase, not license production. HAL has built quite a lot of Su-30 MKIs but developing Tejas has taken quite long and I hope MoD involves the private sector in full scale and speed up the development of AMCA

Under the Snowy Owl nomenclature, China is said to be secretly developing a triplane-canard-configurated fighter
The picture shown is not Snowy Owl, it is missing canards as well.

I think the article was talking about the plane designed to compete in China's 5th generation fighter program along side the current J-20. "Snowy Owl" was a SAC's competitor plane to the CAC's design in China's 5th generation fighter program. SAC's design lost to CAC, thus we got J-XX and the current J-20.
8af6132bgy1fpzvrdgk0dj20xc0k0agf.jpg

UyAky6L.jpg
8af6132bgy1fpzvre59vlj20ll0aqwlj.jpg

8af6132bgy1fpzvre3lakj20jg0cpagn.jpg

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chen...ews-discussions.111471/page-699#post-10423733

Any new fighter China is building is unlikely to have this design. Even at the time, it was thought that this design was out of date. By this time China would have already started development work on the 6th generation fighter program. Any additional 5th generation fighter programs would likely be for Naval deployments. China's aerospace industry goes by the pace of producing the current generation, develop the next generation and map out the capabilities of the generation after that.

SAC is developing another 5th gen in addition to FC31? Is it supposed to compete with the rumored carrier version of J20(CAC design)?

If we go by the confirmed two designs(J20/FC31) and the rumored carrier version of J20 and this snowy owl...that's 4 5th gen designs. So many 5th gen designs being simultaneously worked on...it seems unlikely...I'll wait for more concrete proof.

I thought its a new project for carrier

Snowy owl was a competitor to j-20. J-20 won. The next 3 prototypes Gen 5.5 aircraft will go for a competition in 2024.

Snowy owl was a competitor to j-20. J-20 won. The next 3 prototypes Gen 5.5 aircraft will go for a competition in 2024.
The winner gets the code name J-20.

SAC is developing another 5th gen in addition to FC31? Is it supposed to compete with the rumored carrier version of J20(CAC design)?

If we go by the confirmed two designs(J20/FC31) and the rumored carrier version of J20 and this snowy owl...that's 4 5th gen designs. So many 5th gen designs being simultaneously worked on...it seems unlikely...I'll wait for more concrete proof.
SAC needs a fifth-generation fighter project that can be accepted by PLAAF or PLAN. Otherwise, SAC will have no future.

The snowy owl has been given up for a long time.

SAC needs a fifth-generation fighter project that can be accepted by PLAAF or PLAN. Otherwise, SAC will have no future.

I lived bery near Shenyang Aironautical complex a year ago. I hope it can secure foreign bidders if not chinese air force. In my opnion J-31 is a better aircraft for paf as compared to J-20 class huge aircraft

I lived bery near Shenyang Aironautical complex a year ago. I hope it can secure foreign bidders if not chinese air force. In my opnion J-31 is a better aircraft for paf as compared to J-20 class huge aircraft
It depends on what PAF needs.

Doesn't SAC produce the Chinese version of flankers? These hundreds of flankers aren't going anywhere for at least another 10 years...so SAC has time to work on a potent 5th gen. It seems they just need funding and they can improve FC31 into a potent beast and corner the international market for 5th gen fighter aircrafts. Other than F35(which is only available for a select few nations either bcuz of price or bcuz of relations with US), there is no 5th gen available for purchase.

Back
Top Bottom