What's new

Chinese J-20 a powerful competitor to American F-22 & Russian T-50

I already mentioned that the Rivets were exposed even before you mentioned it, I also gave a reason for why they were exposed and that reason was because the T-50-1 is an aerodynamics test frame. Covering the rivets would be waste of time, money and resources for an airframe that will never undergo LO tests, even if the rivets were cover and the aircraft was covered in RAM it still would be a waste of time considering the aircraft's fuselage is full of antennas and load baring cables meant to record airframe and performance data, hence it would be counter productive.

I also never said anything about the pak-fa that was not true, nor did I ever claim it was gods chariot. It is the J-20 fanboys that think the J-20 is alien technology.

No, i think it is weird that considering both are prototype, yet J-20 looks like 70% of the final product with smooth airframe, and T-50 looks like a 30%?

No, i think it is weird that considering both are prototype, yet J-20 looks like 70% of the final product with smooth airframe, and T-50 looks like a 30%?

Nothing weird about it, Sukhoi plans for atleast 6 prototypes in order to ecelerate the testing process instead of relying on severall airframes to be overburdend with thousands of tests. We know about the stastic airframe, we have one aurodynamics test beds with another expected in several months, several avionics and weapons testbeds are also expected soon after, followed by low observability test beds, ect. I'm quite sure a company like Sukhoi knows what they are doing.

I for one, really like the look of the T-50. If it's anything like the Flanker, it'd be a sure hit in the export market. The T-50/J-20/F-22 fighters are designed according to each country's requirements and budget so it's good enough in each of its operators' eyes. I do believe the T-50 will be very competitive in its final form since the Russians have now seen what China has done and India will likely pour more money into the project to counter the J-20. All in all, it's nice to see more 5th gen planes from da east so spread the love & not be a hater =)

I agree that the silky smooth finish give the J-20 a more "production ready" look but let's not forget that we don't know how far along the project has come. For all we know it could be an act of deception on our part to distort information to the foreign intelligence community . Hopefully, the J-20 is as ready as it looks =)
:yahoo:

Sri Lankan, Wareye is a Chinese fanboi site. The tone of the article was a crappy imitation at that.

You heard wrong, no such information was ever released, what you heard was a rumor started from a blog, this claim becomes even more dubious considering the prototype T-50-1 is only an aerodynamics testbed. Further, even if this was true--sarcasm, the T-50-1 had no RAM, no radar blockers, exposed rivets, and antennas throughout the airframe. Hardly an ideal airframe to perform LO tests on.

Some Chinese fanboys want to know how T-50 can get a Su-27 style intake and still be stealthy enough.
30562455.jpg

Why not just fill the space between 2 intakes and engines?
36364648.gif

Wait, I know the answer.
F-22 is heavily modified F-15.
T-50 is heavily modified Cy-27.
J-20 is heavily modified J-10.
41179045.gif

Last edited:
J-20 just looks like a result of a cross between F-22 and T-50.

Some decades ago western experts hyped the real performance of Mig-25 and hence the legend of F-15 was born. But this time round the proposed plane for guarding against J-20 and T-50, The F-35 does not look as promising as the F-15 once did.

We all know US do have the ability to come up with a big surprise by fielding a whole new generation of Aircraft in a relatively short time.

J-20 just looks like a result of a cross between F-22 and T-50.

Some decades ago western experts hyped the real performance of Mig-25 and hence the legend of F-15 was born. But this time round the proposed plane for guarding against J-20 and T-50, The F-35 does not look as promising as the F-15 once did.

We all know US do have the ability to come up with a big surprise by fielding a whole new generation of Aircraft in a relatively short time.

The US cannot do that. Their average IQ is lower than ours, plus our much larger population results in a huge reserve of high IQ peoples. They are working at full capacity while our reserve of high IQ peoples is just beginning to be tapped.

The US cannot do that. Their average IQ is lower than ours, plus our much larger population results in a huge reserve of high IQ peoples. They are working at full capacity while just beginning to be tapped.

Come on. IQ does not mean wisedom or knowledge or creativeness or technology or money or industry development level.
IQ is a test invented by some American psychologist some 5 decades ago and not quite a scientific noun.
Most of our reserve of high IQ peoples are desiring to work for them.

Last edited:
Some Chinese fanboys want to know how T-50 can get a Su-27 style intake and still be stealthy enough.

The intakes are nothing like the SU-27, but to answer your question radar blockers will do the job. There are many different types such as those on the Super Hornet or even the ones found on the F-117, yes remove the F-117's radar blockers and the compressors blades would be visible.

Last edited:
Come on. IQ does not mean wisedom or knowledge or creativeness or technology or money or industry development level.
IQ is a test invented by some American psychologist some 5 decades ago and not quite a scientific noun.
Most of our reserve of high IQ peoples are desiring to work for them.

Even if the highest IQ peoples work for them, they'll be disappointed once they find out that their advancement is quite limited. After all, high IQ peoples are ambitious.

Even with "only" 2nd standard deviation high IQ peoples remaining in China, they FAR outnumber the total amount of high IQ peoples of all races in the US.

Even if the highest IQ peoples work for them, they'll be disappointed once they find out that their advancement is quite limited. After all, high IQ peoples are ambitious.

Even with "only" 2nd standard deviation high IQ peoples remaining in China, they FAR outnumber the total amount of high IQ peoples of all races in the US.

IQ hopes dreams and future aspirations are good but not an indicator of present circumstances.

At present US along with her NATO allies dominate the world.

As of today US is fielding its Super carriers and all the latest gadgets right on china's door step where as China is only testing a prototype yet to be fully operation and far away from deployment, where as F-22 of the US own the sky as we speak.

Are you from the Strategic Deluding Agency?
Quantity can not substitute quality. I guess you are not familiar with scientific research. Researchers are more realistic. China is far behind those developed countries including Russia in mathematics and countless other science-technology areas. The moral level of most researchers are also not so optimistic.
48669469.gif

Last edited:
The intakes are nothing like the SU-27, but to answer your question radar blockers will do the job. There are many different types such as those on the Super Hornet or even the ones found on the F-117, yes remove the F-117's radar blockers and the compressors blades would be visible.

Will the gap between 2 engines or intakes increase some RCS?

30562455.jpg

Why not just fill the space between 2 intakes and engines?
36364648.gif

Wait, I know the answer.
F-22 is heavily modified F-15.
T-50 is heavily modified Cy-27.
J-20 is heavily modified J-10.
41179045.gif

Will the gap between 2 engines or intakes increase some RCS?

Guys

I have been looking and looking at that photo of the T-50, and something doesn't sit right with me. And I am talking intakes.

First of all we ALL know , the T50 engine centerlines are above the centerline of the inlets and is pointing towards the centre axis of the plane.

if you look at the pictures what appears to be the compressor blades, would only be possible if the engine centerlines where pointing away from the centre axis of the plane or at least parallel with it..

at least that is what the photo angle suggests...

I think these are radar blockers we see...

Back
Top Bottom