What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

To all who mocked Huge RCS of Su27 Family... I once said, RCS hardly matter in case of 4th generation fighters. Thing matter is Radar, Avionics, Pilot Skills and Arms.

No matter how huge RCS Heavy fighters (Su27 family, F15 family) has it can crush LightWeight and Medium fighter any given day. Su27 (J11) supremacy over Lavi (J10) is not unexpected.

It would be news if Lavi would have wiped out Su27 ...

To all who mocked Huge RCS of Su27 Family... I once said, RCS hardly matter in case of 4th generation fighters. Thing matter is Radar, Avionics, Pilot Skills and Arms.

No matter how huge RCS Heavy fighters (Su27 family, F15 family) has it can crush LightWeight and Medium fighter any given day. Su27 (J11) supremacy over Lavi (J10) is not unexpected.

Nice troll at the end there. Couldn't help yourself could you?

J-10 is the undisputed Super Air king in PLAAF now.
SU-27 or J-11 was no match for the J-10 in the most of PLAAF exercises.

the comparison is first place is wrong. You cannot compare two totally different platforms with different roles.
J-11, being a heavy weight will have both its advantages and disadvantages over J-10. All this have been discussed time and time again. Both have there own use, thus, there own advantages in certain scenario!

As for PAF intrest, J-10 is a type we have always preferred. Light, agile and easy to maintain. its not only about buying a certain plane when you are building your air force. The costs of flying and maintenance will also come into play.
PAF prefers lighter, single engine modern combat aircraft with a decent payload that can DEFEND our skies! We never were into DEEP STRIKES!
Also check J-10 combat radius and you will see that a DEEP STRIKE wont either be impossible!!

regards~

Lavi= J-10?LOL,Its a joy.
Plz see whats J-9 and F-16.

about lavi,I can tell you that J-8II's fire-control system is IAI's for Python-3.

maybe chinese would export j31 if they are available, just like the US selling JSF to other countries

First of all, J-10 is based on J-9, a program which predates the Lavi by almost a decade. Unless you want to imply that Lavi was based on the J-9, I suggest you stick to talking about the mini-Mirage 2000 you call LCA.
FRX_Pt1_J9camo_B.jpg

j9gh2.jpg

Second, the J-10 has always performed better than J-11 in previous exercise. The J-11 was able to gain the upperhand this year by adapting new tactics. I wouldn't be surprised if the results reversed again next year.

An armed Chinese fighter jet conducted what Pentagon officials called an aggressive midair intercept of a U.S. Navy submarine-hunting aircraft during a routine patrol above international waters.

Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby said the incident occurred Aug. 19 about 135 miles east of Hainan island in the South China Sea and involved a Navy P-8 Poseidon plane.

He said the Chinese fighter made three passes dangerously near the U.S. plane. The jet also zoomed directly in front of the Navy plane at a 90-degree angle to reveal its belly, which was packed with weaponry, he said.

At one point, Kirby said, the Chinese warplane flew alongside the Navy aircraft, putting their wingtips as close as 30 feet apart. The encounter ended with the Chinese pilot doing a barrel roll over the top of the U.S. plane.

Kirby called the incident "very, very close" and "very dangerous."

The Obama administration has lodged a protest to China through official diplomatic channels.

Chinese fighter jet intercepted Navy sub-hunter plane in South China Sea - LA Times

193_118493_303052.jpg

193_118497_907279.jpg

193_118485_176297.jpg

193_118496_949661.jpg

193_118495_970610.jpg

He should've shown the real 'birdie' to Yankee :china:

Chinese captain maverick? I am wondering did he show the finger at the P-8 like what the top gun movie do. Lol...
wouldn't work, the P-8 pilot can't see it, unlike in the movie.

Also like in the movie J-10 attack or something, that crap movie did say we will do exactly this to any foreign planes that has designs on China.

So can't say we didn't warn them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom