What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

One of the reasons PAF has not ordered the j-10,they know it would be at a disadvantage against mki let alone rafale.PAF waiting for better versions of j-10s,some radical upgrade of jf-17 or go straight for 5th gen by saving money.Smart thinking by PAF.

The J-10B has more upgrades than either the Su-30MKI or Rafale. In fact the reason they didn't order J-10B is because their J-10A upgraded version is already enough to deter the two IAF planes.

"A Plane is only as good as it's pilot". !!

OT, It's interesting to note that while Pakistan is allegedly going for the J-10, China on the other hand sent it's J-11s to Pakistan to exercise with the PAF. !!!

Well, an experienced F-15 veteran has got different opinion and experience.

There is a common saying that "An old pro in an F-5 or MiG-21 will easily kill a noob in an F-16 or Su-27." The reality of it, though, is that there are occasions where there is such a vast gulf in the hardware that the noob will in fact triumph. Example: towards the end of my career, I was an instructor in air to air in the AT-38B, a fighter trainer, basically a T-38. Cool airplane, lots of fun, but hopelessly outclassed. One week, we were called to Luke AFB to provide dissimilar training to brand new F-16 student pilots who were at the end of their transition course. The setups consisted of offensive and defensive perches, and neutral (butterfly) setups. I was good, I knew my own platform, I knew the F-16, and had a bag of tricks in store for this guy. So I thought.

It was one of the most frustrating series of flights I had ever had. The F-16 outperformed my AT-38 so thoroughly, it absorbed his mistakes and still allowed him to absolutely dominate the fight. Despite years of experience and every trick I knew, I was like a poodle in the jaws of a Rottweiler. Here was a case where pilot excellence meant little, and airframe was everything.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...vs-f16-block-50-dogfight-4.html#ixzz2EXOBYOji

The J-10B has more upgrades than either the Su-30MKI or Rafale. In fact the reason they didn't order J-10B is because their J-10A upgraded version is already enough to deter the two IAF planes.

Really?What really are these super upgrades that mki or rafale don't have?And then why is PAF delaying order if its already enough.

Really?What really are these super upgrades that mki or rafale don't have?And then why is PAF delaying order if its already enough.

A 12000 T/R configuration for their AESA, 136 kN engine, significant amount of RAM, composites, solid state electronics, sensor fusion, DSI intakes to decrease frontal RCS. Pakistan never mentioned or showed that it was delaying the J-10 deal.

A 12000 T/R configuration for their AESA, 136 kN engine, significant amount of RAM, composites, solid state electronics, sensor fusion, DSI intakes to decrease frontal RCS. Pakistan never mentioned or showed that it was delaying the J-10 deal.
Dude first of all it will be 1200 T/R module not 12000....and ya Rafale Aesa radar has 1500 T/R modules....

Secondly,forget about 136 KN engine no body even know which engine PAF J-10B will be using Chineese or Russian....

Dude first of all it will be 1200 T/R module not 12000....and ya Rafale Aesa radar has 1500 T/R modules....

Secondly,forget about 136 KN engine no body even know which engine PAF J-10B will be using Chineese or Russian....

this is total BS, Rafale has smaller cone than either J-10B or EF-2000, and on Thales' official site it quoted the RBE2 AESA radar has only 898 gallium-arsenide T/R modules,

http://www.******************/forum...s-analysis-our-last-two-mmrca-contenders.html

https://www1.online.thalesgroup.com/defence/military_aerospace/news01.php
this one quoted some 1,000 gallium-arsenide T/R modules

well Rafale is better in all the terms you mentioned above....

well Rafale is better in all the terms you mentioned above....

634904978044793279U8929P27T1D708936F3DT20121207091603.jpg
This is PLAAF's real life "Top Gun" Jiang Jiaji. He flies a J-11B (which is 100% indigenously manufactured including WS-10 engine) and currently China's most advanced aircraft (more advanced than J-10 because of better radar and engines). Give him a J-20 and he'll shred the enemy's air force to ribbons.

Is is really true that the WS-10A can produce 136KN of thrust?

You buy and we build, that's the difference. At the time you receive the first Rafale, we will have inducted at least 3 squadrons of J10b. when you fully induct those 126 Rafale, we will have several squadrons of J20. You are still waiting for FGFA to come. PLAAF always take the upper hand to IAF. Sorry to say that, but reality is hard to swallow.

Back
Top Bottom