What's new

Chinese firm announces plans for $150m gated community in Pakistan’s Gwadar port city

I want no gated communities in Pakistan honestly.

No one should feel privileged like that. This can quickly catch on as some trend.

500000 Chinese in a barren desert? They must have pissed like the whole bunch of people in China.

Who publishes stuff like this

Bahria town.. askari housing .. naval anchorage are all gated community

Why the Hindutva really hate Gwadar and CPEC:

 Low Cost Land & Labor Available > Industrial Complexes and Labor-intensive Units  Proximity to Oil & Gas Resources as well Fast Growing Gulf Countries > Import Export Opportunities & Relevant Refineries/Industries  Proximity to Major Shipping Lanes > Shipping Repair and other Relevant Industries  Some Agricultural and Mineral Resources > Food processing, Fisheries and Mineral Extraction/Processing  Tax-Free Status for Investments and Trade > Export Manufacturing

Baniye ka bohat nuqsan hoga.

They are desperate for a war on the brink of civil war

Ok sorry, bad memory. It didn't explicitly said bars and water parks but that's how my mind interpreted it, and it speaks of the whole coastline. Here is actual paragraph.

Tourism and recreation
One of the most intriguing chapters in the plan is the one that talks about the development of a “coastal tourism” industry. It speaks of a long belt of coastal enjoyment industry that includes yacht wharfs, cruise homeports, nightlife, city parks, public squares, theaters, golf courses and spas, hot spring hotels and water sports. The belt will run from Keti Bunder to Jiwani, the last habitation before the Iranian border. Then, somewhat disappointingly, it adds that “more work needs to be done” before this vision can be realized.

The plans are laid out in surprising detail. For instance, Gwadar will feature international cruise clubs that “provide marine tourists private rooms that would feel as though they were ‘living in the ocean’”. And just as the feeling sinks in, it goes on to say that “[f]or the development of coastal vacation products, Islamic culture, historical culture, folk culture and marine culture shall all be integrated.” Apparently more work needs to be done here too.

5918b24d82dd8.jpg

— AFP photo

For Ormara, the plan recommends building “unique recreational activities” that would also encourage “the natural, exciting, participatory, sultry, and tempting characteristics” to come through. For Keti Bunder it recommends wildlife sanctuaries, an aquarium and a botanical garden. For Sonmiani, on the eastern edge of Karachi, “projects like a coastal beach, extended greenway, coastal villa, car camp, SPA, beach playground and a seafood street can be developed.”

It is an expansive vision that the plan lays out, and towards the end, it asks for the following: “Make the visa-free tourism possible with China to provide more convenient policy support for Chinese tourists to Pakistan.” There is no mention of a reciprocal arrangement for Pakistani nationals visiting China.

I didn't bring in sectarianism. There's a group of people in Eastern Saudi who want independence. They...sssooooo.....happen to be "Shia".

Listen you say stupid shit, you'll get called out.

Yeah but there are diplomatic ways of saying that.

These people don't represent their states and thus be treated the way their state policy is.

Now I am sure he lives in Saudia?
I can't see that.

Bahria town.. askari housing .. naval anchorage are all gated community

Should not be if security wasn't a damn issue

Good, we need more diversity. Maybe having half a million Atheists amongst us will open up the minds of some of our religious whackos.

Development like this will make Gwadar another Singapore till the point those 500000 Chinese ask for independence.

Singapore did not ask for independence, it was expelled against their will.
But it turned out fantastic for them, they became a 1st world country while Malaysia remains 3rd world.

On Gwadar, Pakistan might have their very own "chinatown" if some workers remains after their work is done, there is no need to be alarmed.

Examples of chinatown in Australia, US etc.

Singapore did not ask for independence, it was expelled against their will.
But it turned out fantastic for them, they became a 1st world country while Malaysia remains 3rd world.

On Gwadar, Pakistan might have their very own "chinatown" if some workers remains after their work is done. Examples: chinatown in Australia, US etc.

Oooo funky neighbourhoods

Yeah but there are diplomatic ways of saying that.

These people don't represent their states and thus be treated the way their state policy is.

Now I am sure he lives in Saudia?
I can't see that.

I politely decline your proposal to the chairmanship of the PDP.

These people regardless of representation have signed off on their State's Policies.

His flags are SA and Argentina.

I politely decline your proposal to the chairmanship of the PDP.

These people regardless of representation have signed off on their State's Policies.

His flags are SA and Argentina.

PDP is an offer you cannot decline.

'Saudi' Arabia is doing just fine as long as the yearly finances are distributed justly.

The fate of this country gets decided every year on Hajj.

Pakistan doesn't give citizenship... so if these Chinese start causing trouble we can just revoke their visas and send them back. Lol at the butt-hurt Indians who are saying these Chinese will start demanding independence :rofl:

Also what is so wrong about bars and clubs... Malaysia is a Muslim country and they are 100 times more devout than us (every single Muslim woman in Malaysia covers head for example) yet they have masjid and bars on the same road. Whoever wants to drink will drink even if bar is there or not.

Back
Top Bottom