jL4dQ.jpg

j8
yiIFN.jpg

XZtq3.jpg

I will like to know more about JH-7A
i asked the difference between them , on a different forum, on your behalf
credits
mpleio

The same role: anti-ship,anti-ground attack platform for PLANAF & PLAAF.
Produce time: JH-7 earlier than JH-7A

JH-7A changed JL10 radar, 11 external mount points, mount up to 7000kg, and have the capability to launch medium-range air-to-air missiles.

Visual difference:
1. front window of cockpit
2. wing blade (JH-7A:w/o, JH-7:w/i)
3. pelvic fin (JH-7A:two, JH-7:one)
4. external mount points (JH-7A:11, JH-7:6)

JH-7:
Hwqeq.jpg

ma7zH.jpg

JH-7A:
wMwjy.jpg

---
J-8II with canards

According to the description it is a J-8IIACT (Active Control Technology) demo fighter

2010916.jpg

Info from some sources about this version
The J-8II ACT (Active Control Technology) is the technology demonstration aircraft designed for studying and testing the ‘fly-by-wire’ (FBW) technology. The aircraft was based on the J-8II airframe, with a shorter fuselage and an pair of front canards being added to the front fuselage just behind the air inlets. The J-8II ACT was introduced in the 1990s to replace the older FBW demonstrators based on the JJ-6 (known as BW-1) and J-8 (known as J-8 ACT). The J-8II ACT played an important role in the PRC’s third-generation fighters programme.

vnfawing.com:
Active Control Technology (fly-by-wire) testbed, which first flew 29 December 1996 and completed its 49th and last sortie on 21 September 1999; shown in model form at Airshow China in November 2000. Full-authority quad-redundant, three-axis digital AFCS; small canards mounted high on air intakes to induce instability; two 1553B-standard flight computers with databus interface; integrated servo actuators for all moving control surfaces.

Very interesting plane. I never knew of this. I think this is the first geometric winged aircraft design from the China.

yea the specs it called for at the time would have made it one of the best in the world, but china did not have the tech nor the industry to build it at the time thus it was canceled because by the time everything was research this would have been outdated

the naming is funny : f-6 f-7 , it's like they want to imply they will catch up with the USA someday

I never knew Chinese were making planes since so long
Keep it up who might know if you create 7th gen fighter in some decades

Back
Top Bottom