What's new

Chinese carrier: Vietnam and other neighbors response

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask them;)
they even dont prefer to drink without naming china...
and we already proved in past war with pak...so dont dellude urself too much

Dude, I was trying to provide intelligent answer to Robinhood, He dragged India into the discussion..not me LOL :azn:

BrahMos and HFIII doesn't have the range to cover South China Seas, they has better chances of catching the carrier with submarines...

Bhramos is Ship launched and Submarine launch and air launch versions are under development. I think the kilo class of Vietnam can use it.

internationally, many vietnamese people are very racist. especially, they think China is on par with them. so, it is not acceptable to them that China is developing over and over, and has left them far behind. every things relating to china, they just simply interpret and propagate with bias view of racism. they denied the fact that they are inferior to china. they are trying to involve india, US, Russia, and Japan to constrain china. japan would like to ally with Vn to constrain China also. their weak point is west side Cambodia and Laos, and the north border.
in the past they made wrong choice when imported communism theory and fought with USA. Now, i am thinking they are making a wrong choice when they rival china or will become a new Cuba in the future!

So can DF-21D destroy a US Carrier ??
Yakhont adn Brahmos have the range of 300km coz Russia and India deliberately and exclusively made the Yakhont within MTCR limits to export it to foreign countries, they can help VIet Nam to increase the range of Yakhont and Brahmos to 1000 km :)

Increasing its range does not make it any harder to intercept. It in fact allows the enemy to have a longer reaction time.

The Brahmos's speed is a part of its capability and DOES NOT increase its detectability. If the seeking radar is crap, then the target's speed is irrelevant.

High speed will result in increased friction between the air surrounding it and the body of the missile. That will increase its IR signature.

Terrain following is a programmable feature.

So far we haven't seen that on either the Yakhont or the BrahMos.

Also a programmable feature.

Again, haven't seen that on Yakhont or the BrahMos. We don't know if their battle ready ones have it pre programmed.

Some missiles have inertial and active radar guidance with addition to satellite guidance. Radars can be jammed. Satellites can not (at least not from a shipborne radar).

In no way does this make the Brahmos's attack method ineffective. Subsonic speed does allow the attacker to have more maneuvering time, but also increases the defender's preparation time.

I'd rather go for a missile that has a higher chance of evading enemy defenses (albeit the increased preparation time) than a faster one that gets shot down easily. Some Chinese and American missiles have a supersonic terminal phase to partially counter the preparation time.

High speed will result in increased friction between the air surrounding it and the body of the missile. That will increase its IR signature.
You are confused between 'capability' and 'effects'. Look them up. Speed is a capability, not an effect. You are out of your league here.

So far we haven't seen that on either the Yakhont or the BrahMos.
It is easier to add features to a cruise missile than to a ballistic warhead. We have done it with our cruise missiles. There is technically nothing to prevent the Indians from doing the same to theirs.

Some missiles have inertial and active radar guidance with addition to satellite guidance. Radars can be jammed. Satellites can not (at least not from a shipborne radar).
You not know what you are talking about. The radar guidance in cruise missiles are not long range. At any altitude, it cannot be over the horizon. That mean by the time the defender is able to jam said radar, the missile will ALREADY acquire the target's ground coordinates.

I'd rather go for a missile that has a higher chance of evading enemy defenses (albeit the increased preparation time) than a faster one that gets shot down easily. Some Chinese and American missiles have a supersonic terminal phase to partially counter the preparation time.
You have no credible evidence to support your argument that somehow increased speed increases odds of detection.

I'm looking, and I'm concluding that you obviously cannot differentiate the flight path and targeting method between a cruise type missile and a ballistic missile. :disagree:

Even VN get DF-21D, there is no use for them. To facility DF-21D, VN need build the satellite navigation system first like GPS or Beidou system and then the naval ocean surveillance system like US "white cloud" or China "Yaogan 9" . In order to build such system, VN need invest vast money on space program like "changzheng" program, master orbit transfer technology and much much more.

If VN can do that, it already become super power. And no need to afraid a aircraft carrier

Despite the operational capability of the ex-varyag or the systems the chinese have installed on board to bring it up to date, catapults or not, there is one undeniable fact.

the bloody thing is 60.000 tonnes at least, you think a single brahmos or five will bring the thing down ??

i have said the same thing when we were discussing the american carriers .. you need a hell of a lotof missiles hitting such a class of ship before it is even disabled, and you need way too many for any navy to actually sink such a ship ...

Despite the operational capability of the ex-varyag or the systems the chinese have installed on board to bring it up to date, catapults or not, there is one undeniable fact.

the bloody thing is 60.000 tonnes at least, you think a single brahmos or five will bring the thing down ??

i have said the same thing when we were discussing the american carriers .. you need a hell of a lotof missiles hitting such a class of ship before it is even disabled, and you need way too many for any navy to actually sink such a ship ...
We can manufacture Yakhont, so may be 1 thousand Yakhont will be enough to sink or damage that carrier.

gypgypgyp said:
Even VN get DF-21D, there is no use for them. To facility DF-21D, VN need build the satellite navigation system first like GPS or Beidou system and then the naval ocean surveillance system like US "white cloud" or China "Yaogan 9" . In order to build such system, VN need invest vast money on space program like "changzheng" program, master orbit transfer technology and much much more.

If VN can do that, it already become super power. And no need to afraid a aircraft carrier
we don't need such a huge system like that, bcz we don't have to threaten US's city or having amrs race with US like CHina.

You are confused between 'capability' and 'effects'. Look them up. Speed is a capability, not an effect. You are out of your league here.

And that capability does not necessarily result in a good effect.

It is easier to add features to a cruise missile than to a ballistic warhead. We have done it with our cruise missiles. There is technically nothing to prevent the Indians from doing the same to theirs.

But until we see they've actually done that, I'm going to wait out on that. We don't know if the Indians have the software to do that efficiently or whether they would have to send them to Russia to do it.

You not know what you are talking about. The radar guidance in cruise missiles are not long range. At any altitude, it cannot be over the horizon. That mean by the time the defender is able to jam said radar, the missile will ALREADY acquire the target's ground coordinates.

Then why do missiles need anti-jamming capabilities? Is it possible that the radar can interfere with the missile and possibly alter the acquired coordinates?

You have no credible evidence to support your argument that somehow increased speed increases odds of detection.

Speed alone increases the friction between the air and the missile, which can flare up its IR signature.

LOL!

The joke is: when it comes to Chinese carrier, one missile is enough, because it is an evil communist carrier; when it comes to American carrier, even multiple missiles are useless.

:lol:

What are the fanatics... :rofl:

We can manufacture Yakhont, so may be 1 thousand Yakhont will be enough to sink or damage that carrier.

we don't need such a huge system like that, bcz we don't have to threaten US's city or having amrs race with US like CHina.

I can assure that there is no arm race between US and PRC

PRC's military budget is only about 1.5% of GDP which is lower than world average.

by the way, currently china hold the world largest industry GDP title. If China want build some seriously, we can do much better than now.

LOL!

The joke is: when it comes to Chinese carrier, one missile is enough, because it is an evil communist carrier; when it comes to American carrier, even multiple missiles are useless.

:lol:

What are the fanatics... :rofl:

its actually like this:

1 democratic bullet can kill 10 chinese carriers lined up.

but 10000 nukes cannot destroy 1 democratic american fishing boat.

Chinese carrier: neighbors response :
one bhramos and it will be done

I can assure that there is no arm race between US and PRC

PRC's military budget is only about 1.5% of GDP which is lower than world average.

by the way, currently china hold the world largest industry GDP title. If China want build some seriously, we can do much better than now.
Your military expenditure is unclear, bro. You try to Hide somthing:whistle:
Hidden military costs common to all nations

After China announced that its national defense budget would only increase by 7.5 percent this year, Japan's Defense Minister Kitazawa Toshimi said in a press conference that China's military expenditure is quite unclear.

He said Japan would conduct an investigation themselves while demanding China provide more transparency.
Hidden military costs common to all nations - GlobalTimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom