What's new

Chinese carmakers struggling to win local buyers’ hearts in Indonesia

The biggest problem with Chinese cars are that they are still tilted toward the low end. To capture a bigger market, they need more middle-end models, with more features and sleeker designs. Small things like cup holder, LCD display, heated seat make a huge difference.

I am sick of the whole slandering against made in China products. They are in fact of better quality than made in most countries. I had a mechanics coming in my place for fixing heaters. He said the resistor was broken because it was Chinese. We pulled the resister out, and it said "Made in Italy". Then he said the switch must be Chinese, but it also turned out to be Italian, exactly the same as the ones he brought to replace.

The biggest problem with Chinese cars are that they are still tilted toward the low end. To capture a bigger market, they need more middle-end models, with more features and sleeker designs. Small things like cup holder, LCD display, heated seat make a huge difference.

I am sick of the whole slandering against made in China products. They are in fact of better quality than made in most countries. I had a mechanics coming in my place for fixing heaters. He said the resistor was broken because it was Chinese. We pulled the resister out, and it said "Made in Italy". Then he said the switch must be Chinese, but it also turned out to be Italian, exactly the same as the ones he brought to replace.
i have newly built apartment in UK, really dont want to comment the quality standard of 'made in UK' buildings and its interiors, we basically have to change hinges, lights and toilet cover board every few month`!

A lot of high quality products are made in China now. what China should improve is to develop some famous brands to gain the market

Cup holder? Seriously? I mean it will be there even in any lower end car..GPS navigation, climate control,ABS with EBD, Airbags will do some serious business..i have seen a couple of chinese cars in auto shows (Jiangling motors etc), they have a good finish in designs though.

i dont buy japanese car, korean car or Chinese car, i only trust the german cars.

regarding the clueless kimchee's claim that Korea has 0% tarrif, i will try to find out this year later when i visit there, and to check out the super-doper S.korean cities

Damn, you must be rich :confused:

But yeah, the Germans make the best quality cars...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Chinese car makers are struggling because the quality and china don't go hand in hand.

I bet that the computer you are using is made in China :D My ASUS laptop (a Taiwanese brand) is made in China and still going strong for 5 years straight without any problems.

They can technically make good quality goods, but at the same time, people demand cheap stuff.

Shh, he didn't learn this at the hagwon, therefore its wrong :lol:

Another failed thread by Slowman. he he he :no::no::no:

Chinese Van in East Malaysia. :yahoo:
ChineseVan.jpg

Small things like cup holder, LCD display, heated seat make a huge difference.
If that's what you think would make a car more marketable, then you will be shocked.

I am sick of the whole slandering against made in China products. They are in fact of better quality than made in most countries.
Foreign brands goods made in China are fine, as they have foreign quality control in place. Chinese brands goods made in China are not fine.

Chinese car makers are struggling because the quality and china don't go hand in hand.
Having a full stomach and Indian children don't go hand in hand either.

Don't make dumb statements and you won't get burned.

Japanese cars had a reputation for quality in the US by 1971, mainly because the UAW-assembled cars were so bad that anything else looked good next to them.

It is not possible for the Chinese brands to gain on foreigners because of the Chinese culture that seeks a quick return on no investment and the fact that foreigners already took over 71% of China's domestic auto market.

Too bad Volkswagen Chairman disagrees with you.

Obvious a God bless evidence about korean giant ego: "Which belong to korean are best and others are "impossible" to be good!!!

Need I say more!!!??? :disagree: :azn:

In the North American market in the old days, American cars were big, complex, noisy, gas guzzling, and their engines were problematic. You have to send it to repair every once in a while.

Makers like Toyota differentiated their product offerings by emphasizing on smaller cars, that had good quality components for their engines, simplicity and consumed very less fuel. They also offered a very wide variety of cars as well.

And customers were very happy with these smaller Japanese cars. And that is how we see the success of likes of Toyota today.

I cannot say much about the future of Chinese car makers. But what I can say is that they have a lot of catching up to do in order to match against the Japanese and Western giants. Even the Korean car-makers are far from that kind of level.

I would say, they are gonna make cars for special purposes which their competitors were not able think of or not really satisfy the customers.

Remember, if there are thousand of sellers, then there will be millions of buyers.

I do see the Chinese are never boasting about themselves in surpassing or winning the oldest car makers who are already in the market for long term but the jealous insecure losers such as that korean or little viet or indian trolls here.

Yo must coming here to understand more about Chinese car branches and their recent achievements:

http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this dude Channel is quite interesting, he has been collecting so many clips about China car branches on YouTube, if you one spend times to watch all of the video in his favorite lists, you would enlighten yourselves a lots about everything not only China's topics.

Highlighted videos for example:

http://youtu.be/_rfUf9tmMPw

Hover H5

Great Wall HAVAL H3 - YouTube

Great Wall Motors HAVAL H5 - YouTube

Hover H5 winter test - YouTube

New models 2010 by Great Wall - YouTube

Chery:

Chery Tiggo - iskustvo vlasnika - YouTube

Chery Tengo - iskustvo vlasnika - YouTube

NK TEST: Chery Tengo start sekvenca - YouTube

NK TEST: Chery Tengo magistrala - YouTube

NK TEST: Chery Tengo - autoput - YouTube

Lol, my "korean" friend above might become red face behind his God Bless superior Samsung monitor!

Looks similar to Toyota Hiace

Toyota-Hiace-1_24_8_2008_32_11_l.jpg
It's not just a brand. This style of van is known as Bread Van in China, due to its resembulance to bread loaf. I know of at least half a dozen brands, all sharing fairly similar retangular bodies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom