What's new

Chinese carmakers struggling to win local buyers’ hearts in Indonesia

LOL sounds like you are the final authority on Chinese culture and business practices.

Let me tell you, China doesn't come this far without her inherent strengths. Chinese people's acute business skills are well known. They don't call us Oriental Jew for no reasons.
Chinese are no Oriental Jews. Jews are fanatically religious and God-fearing. Chinese are God-less people.

Chinese technologies advance in an incredible pace for the past decade. So, producing efficiency and economical cars is just a matter of time.
A non-Chinese can observe Chinese auto industry and can tell what's wrong with the Chinese auto industry from the outsider's perspective. A Chinese individual cannot.

Thanks to extremely demanding Korean consumers who demand quality and are willing to pay for it, unlike Chinese consumers. Korean consumers demand high quality from its domestic brands and will pay a premium for quality; this has prompted Korean automakers to raise quality and be rewarded with higher prices. This is not the case in China, where Chinese brand automakers are stuck in sub-100,000 yuan low-cost market segment.

A Toyota assembled in the US is a "Japanese" car.
A Volkswagen assembled in China is a "German" car.

SAIC and FAW are nothing more than an assembly subcontractor like Foxconn is to Apple.

Japan's auto tariff : 0%
Korea's auto tariff : 0% to EU and American manufactured cars.
China's auto tariff : 30%

It is.

I'm sorry but I must call you out on this.
I live in Korea and I have not met a single person who likes a Korean brand.
The Korean government protects the companies so much that a Honda civic cost as much as a BMW.
It is so bad, that I actually tun my head and get excited every time I see a civic.
Due to this protection, the Quality of Korean cars in Korea is awe full. So much so that some Koreans re-export Korean cars from USA because the build quality is better in that market.

I live in Korea and I have not met a single person who likes a Korean brand.
Your profile says you live in Canada.

The Korean government protects the companies so much that a Honda civic cost as much as a BMW.
That's Honda's fault if a Civic costs as much as a BMW in Korea.

Due to this protection
There is no protection when the tariff is 0%. Heck, Toyota stopped shipping Camry from Japan and is now shipping from Kansas instead.

So much so that some Koreans re-export Korean cars from USA because the build quality is better in that market.
No, it has to do with pricing on high-end models. Korean automakers charge its high-end models less in the US because they are a new entrant and need to build a market share. Accordingly it is possible to save upto $10K for some $40~70K models like Genesis and Equus via the re-export. For models like Elantra, Sonata, K5, and Azera, there is no price difference between the US and Korean market.

Too bad Volkswagen Chairman disagrees with you.

Looks like someone skipped economics classes :lol:

I never said that Korean cars now are of bad quality. Check my previous post. Best bang for the buck.

Japan makes more than twice as many cars as Korea does.
OICA » Production Statistics

Japan invests 3 times as much as Korea does and 4 times as much public revenue.
OICA » Facts and Figures

It'll take time to get to the level of the Japanese industry. That was my point. Not just the individual car itself.

It is not possible for the Chinese brands to gain on foreigners because of the Chinese culture that seeks a quick return on no investment and the fact that foreigners already took over 71% of China's domestic auto market.
So basically you called Chinese culture short-sighted despite the fact that we are the oldest continuous civilization in the world. Sorry, but you need to stuff that crap elsewhere. Korean and Japanese will be squeeze out of the market by us sooner or later, whether you accept it or not. We're already putting our foot in your traditional market.

Just a matter of time.

Your profile says you live in Canada.

That's Honda's fault if a Civic costs as much as a BMW in Korea.

There is no protection when the tariff is 0%. Heck, Toyota stopped shipping Camry from Japan and is now shipping from Kansas instead.

No, it has to do with pricing on high-end models. Korean automakers charge its high-end models less in the US because they are a new entrant and need to build a market share. Accordingly it is possible to save upto $10K for some $40~70K models like Genesis and Equus via the re-export. For models like Elantra, Sonata, K5, and Azera, there is no price difference between the US and Korean market.

Read the locatoin ;)

And I am sorry but that's bull sh!t that Korea has 0% terrifs.
Korea puts terrifs on things it doesn't even produce.

It is not Honda's fault that Korea charged upto 50% terrif on their cars, and actually, until 1999 Japanese cars were banned in KOrea.
It is honestly the most backwards society when it comes to consumer choice.

A Samsung galaxy tab cost $800 here because of lack of competition. (costs $500 in the rest of the world)

And finally, I am only telling you what my Korean friends have told me, that is that they re-import models for better build quality and of course cheaper price too.

Doesn't matter because the industry standard is 5 stars and Chinese cars sell in single digit in UK.
5 years ago we didn't sell a single car in the UK. 10 years ago we couldn't produce a modern vehicle. 30 years ago if you tell people China would be the 2nd largest economy in the world by 2012 they would laugh in your face.

So basically you called Chinese culture short-sighted despite the fact that we are the older continuous civilization in the world. Sorry, but you need to stuff that crap elsewhere. Korean and Japanese will be squeeze out of the market by us sooner or later, whether you accept it or not.

You can't argue with someone when he thinks he knows more about you than you know about yourself. And we haven't even met face to face.

Chinese are no Oriental Jews. Jews are fanatically religious and God-fearing. Chinese are God-less people.
Pure bullshit. Religion and mythologies played a large part in the shaping of Chinese culture, especially Buddhism, Taoism and to a lesser extent, Islam in Northwest. Ancestral worship is still huge in China to this day.
A non-Chinese can observe Chinese auto industry and can tell what's wrong with the Chinese auto industry from the outsider's perspective. A Chinese individual cannot.
Next thing you are going to tell me is Hitler can point out problems with Jews better than Jews can?

i dont buy japanese car, korean car or Chinese car, i only trust the german cars.

regarding the clueless kimchee's claim that Korea has 0% tarrif, i will try to find out this year later when i visit there, and to check out the super-doper S.korean cities

Back
Top Bottom