What's new

Chinese army stops water supply for Indians in Ladakh

Europa

Reaction score
Country
Germany
leh-story-350_091414035133.jpg

Amid reports of incursions by China in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, its army has once again stopped Indians from using water supply and construction work at T-point in Demchok area, 300 km from Leh.

Earlier, it has been reported that Chinese troops had been preventing the Indian Army from patrolling posts in the Ladakh region.

Official sources have now said that Chinese army and civilians from across the border came near T-point in 25 to 30 army trucks and threatened Indian labourers and contractors to stop a water supply project near a river. Under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), the Leh district administration is doing some construction work there and lifting drinking water from the river for the civilians while Chinese civilians also use this river for drinking purpose.

Sources said that since September 5, 2014, Chinese army is not allowing India to carry on this project and stopping "our labourers to construct the small water supply project".

"When Indian army came in defence of our civilians, Chinese army left the T-point area. But on Saturday, Chinese civilians and regular army soldiers reached the T-point in the trucks to threaten the labourers and contractors," they said.

Sources said that the Sub-Divisional Magistrate, local contractor and local civilians population stood with banners - "This is Indian area and please do not come to this side as we are working in our territory''.

The SDM told the Chinese nomads that this river was used by both countries for drinking water, but the Chinese did not allow Indian civil administration to carry on the construction work, they said.

The matter has been sent to Army and the state government so that the ministry of external affairs can talk to the Chinese government. Otherwise construction work cannot be carried out after two weeks, with winters starting in the Demchok area.

Read more at: Chinese army stops water supply for Indians in Ladakh : India, News - India Today

I wonder if there really is a disconnect between PLA and the civillian leadership, or if this is a good cop/bad cop routine.

Stupid work from India.

why cannot they stop the Chinese from reaching the point?

Just build a barricade and don't allow the Chinese vehicles to cross. if they fire bullets then they violated the ceasefire agreement, which they will not do. :)

I wonder if there really is a disconnect between PLA and the civillian leadership, or if this is a good cop/bad cop routine.
I also think so. Chinese PM is visiting India. Some body there wants to spike it!!

China, most probably replicates Pakistan in the army vs the pseudo civilian govt I am afraid.

Guys this has not been reported in any other media except for IndiaToday, and the incident has been going on since sept 5th?

Official sources have now said that Chinese army and civilians from across the border came near T-point in 25 to 30 army trucks and threatened Indian labourers and contractors to stop a water supply project near a river. Under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), the Leh district administration is doing some construction work there and lifting drinking water from the river for the civilians while Chinese civilians also use this river for drinking purpose.

Sources said that since September 5, 2014, Chinese army is not allowing India to carry on this project and stopping "our labourers to construct the small water supply project".

"When Indian army came in defence of our civilians, Chinese army left the T-point area. But on Saturday, Chinese civilians and regular army soldiers reached the T-point in the trucks to threaten the labourers and contractors," they said.

Smart move by Indians. Right behind our army trucks is our light mountain tank division. If India opens fire first our tanks will roll over them. Not only must India stop patrolling in Ladakh, Indian army must stop patrolling in the whole of J+K too!

It is a project they stopped. Not the water supply. Title should be changed.

have you considered it from another point of view? What exactly are they doing? Is it against the country's wishes? It's against your wishes, but then India doesn't rule china.

These dwarfs are really out of their mind. :guns:

Cool, be racist, cause Indians are the ones that can pull this off, what with the great economic or other performances or history.

Stupid work from India.

why cannot they stop the Chinese from reaching the point?

Just build a barricade and don't allow the Chinese vehicles to cross. if they fire bullets then they violated the ceasefire agreement, which they will not do. :)

building requires this thing called, will. If you are not going to build roads and rails, far more important than a barricade, you are not going to build a barricade.

China, most probably replicates Pakistan in the army vs the pseudo civilian govt I am afraid.

very difficult to pull of in China, soldiers returning home, have medical care, however limited, better job opportunities, and subsidized education, which can and will lead to a 1,000 to 2,000 USD a month job. NCOs are well paid and educated, and officers all graduated from universities, including the best universities in China.

You need rubes who depend on the army to survive to stage a coup.

very difficult to pull of in China, soldiers returning home, have medical care, however limited, better job opportunities, and subsidized education, which can and will lead to a 1,000 to 2,000 USD a month job. NCOs are well paid and educated, and officers all graduated from universities, including the best universities in China.

You need rubes who depend on the army to survive to stage a coup.

I wasn't talking about the soldiers of the officers - rather the generals, does a General of the PLA pull more weight that a civilian govt member in China? I confess that I am not much in the know, but just wondered what is the hierarchy structure that exists in China when it comes to CCP / civilian officials / military core?.

Looks like they're trying to push India further away,thus,isolating them further in their own neighbourhood.

by the way,this incident is not an isolated one.India faces this kind of "Awkward Behaviour" from our northern neighbour regularly.

Back
Top Bottom