What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

It's also a bit eerie that he lived 100 years to the day.
Rip.

He lived for exactly 100 years.
It's same day for his birthday and date of death.
I would be totally fine with this arrangement ... dying on your birthday may not be the best thing but considering you're 100, I don't think this matters. The good thing this designer managed to see the PLAAF transition into a world class air force. The founder of the PLAN air craft carrier program, Liu Huaqing, did not even live to see the commissioning of the Liaoning carrier in 2012.

I would be totally fine with this arrangement ... dying on your birthday may not be the best thing but considering you're 100, I don't think this matters. The good thing this designer managed to see the PLAAF transition into a world class air force. The founder of the PLAN air craft carrier program, Liu Huaqing, did not even live to see the commissioning of the Liaoning carrier in 2012.
I just expressed my surprising of the coincidence.
Nothing else.

Now I'm confused ... I thought Lu Xiaopeng already died on 16 October 2000 ... so yesterday it would have been his 100th anniversary!

It is like how they celebrate Chairman Mao’s birthday.

I couldn't find the bomber thread. But I was wondering ... There's a mention here about a XAC medium fighter-bomber project (rumoured designation JH-19). Was this ever a thing? Is this still a factor? Or has all known bomber development work gone into the next-gen strategic platform?

I couldn't find the bomber thread. But I was wondering ... There's a mention here about a XAC medium fighter-bomber project (rumoured designation JH-19). Was this ever a thing? Is this still a factor? Or has all known bomber development work gone into the next-gen strategic platform?
If youre talking about a Su-34 type project, that was under SAC and has long been dead.

If youre talking about a Su-34 type project, that was under SAC and has long been dead.
So I guess there's no scope for a smaller manned bomber? China is basically bifurcating between the heavy H-20 on one end, and single-engine UCAVs on the other?

So I guess there's no scope for a smaller manned bomber? China is basically bifurcating between the heavy H-20 on one end, and single-engine UCAVs on the other?
There were rumors that a SAC strike fighter (JH-XX) is still in development but no one is sure (there were reports it got cancelled a long time ago). Either way, I'm sure XAC has its plate completely full given the H-20 and the Y-20 variants. More than likely, if a smaller bomber exists, it will be SAC's responsibility.

There were rumors that a SAC strike fighter (JH-XX) is still in development but no one is sure (there were reports it got cancelled a long time ago). Either way, I'm sure XAC has its plate completely full given the H-20 and the Y-20 variants. More than likely, if a smaller bomber exists, it will be SAC's responsibility.
I suppose such a requirement could leak into a 'sixth-gen' platform. So, basically, it wouldn't be a smaller bomber in as much a strike-optimized next-gen fighter. Well, too abstract to talk about right now since there's no conclusive program to this effect as-of-yet. I was just hoping China would fill in a niche on the market with a stealthy small bomber like it has done with the FC-31 and CH-7 for FGFAs and UCAVs, respectively :(

Back
Top Bottom