What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

What might this be?:coffee:

143140wdl9h9hk51gtsld9.jpg.thumb.jpg

I don't think is demonstrator but might be a real pt ready to test in CV-16 liaoning.

Why ??ß The demonstrator as far as I know lacks a hook for exaple to land on the carrier and here I can't see anything that leds to the assumption that it is a different aircraft !

Me too, but IMO to assume it is already carrier-capable is a bit far fetched ... esp. without a hook !

Otherwise I agree with You.

This unit - actually the 54. AR / 18. AD - already uses this specially painted birds since late 2012 !

China Applied 3D Printing Tech in Aerospace Engine Parts

BEIJING, Mar 03, 2015 (SinoCast Daily Business Beat via COMTEX)

Beijing Power Machinery Research Institute on March 2 announced the successful application of the 3D printing technology of metallic materials for pilot production of some key parts for aerospace engines.

The person in charge of the institute said "although there is still a long way to go for really achieving printing entire engines, China's aerospace engine manufacturing has thus entered into a "fast track" for 3D printing.

Compared with traditional processing of metal materials with lathes or digital machine tools, the 3D printing technology has many advantages, such as no-mold free forming, fast processing rate, low production cost for small-volume parts, and strong ability to processing complex- and special-shaped structures.

The pilot production of some complex, key and important parts for engines with the 3D printing technology for metallic materials marks China has "stood on the same starting line" as international counterparts.

Source: 中国新闻网—梳理天下新闻 (March 03, 2015)

Is this some kind of preview of their products going to unveil/operational in 2015?

Is this some kind of preview of their products going to unveil/operational in 2015?

Surely not in 2015 ! Neither the Y-20 nor the J-31 will reach that target ...

Back
Top Bottom