What's new

China's what-if Stealth Bomber projects H-8/-9/-10

Slender and sleek?
Use your imagination.

bat-hanging-tree-s-l.jpg

Use your imagination.

bat-hanging-tree-s-l.jpg

There's something you should see. I have a photo of what appears to be AVIC engineers working on a blueprint for a bomber... and it looks almost exactly like an upside down bat, with variable geometry wings:

1256219762293.jpg

There's something you should see. I have a photo of what appears to be AVIC engineers working on a blueprint for a bomber... and it looks almost exactly like an upside down bat, with variable geometry wings:

1256219762293.jpg

That blueprint looks like dark sword uav.
F2007052901072800146.jpg

1256219762293.jpg
I think pupu meant a flying wing body similar to that of B-2.

That blueprint looks like dark sword uav.
F2007052901072800146.jpg

The design didn't show canards (which the Darksword bears) and the Shenyang Darksword is not designed by XAC.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I think pupu meant a flying wing body similar to that of B-2.

Then it wouldn't be exactly like an "upside down bat".

Flying wings do not have its airfoils swept at different angles, as opposed to a bat.
The B-2 is considered a hybrid flying wing. The design is to minimize rear aspect radar return.

horton_5.jpg

northrop-grumman-b-2-spirit-1.jpg

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Evolution_of_Technology/flying_wing/Tech8.htm

The flying wing still offered excellent performance and fuel efficiency advantages. But Northrop's designers also chose a flying wing configuration because it offered advantages for stealth; a vertical tail such as found in a conventional aircraft reflects radar energy. Eliminating it increased the aircraft's stealthiness, particularly from the side. The B-2 is capable of carrying as many bombs inside it as the larger B-52 and flying just as far. Although only 21 of these planes are in service, they played a major role in the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia, which had a sophisticated air defense system, and are generally regarded as an amazing technological achievement, albeit a very expensive one.

The B-2 is considered a hybrid flying wing. The design is to minimize rear aspect radar return.

horton_5.jpg

northrop-grumman-b-2-spirit-1.jpg

Flying Wings

The flying wing still offered excellent performance and fuel efficiency advantages. But Northrop's designers also chose a flying wing configuration because it offered advantages for stealth; a vertical tail such as found in a conventional aircraft reflects radar energy. Eliminating it increased the aircraft's stealthiness, particularly from the side. The B-2 is capable of carrying as many bombs inside it as the larger B-52 and flying just as far. Although only 21 of these planes are in service, they played a major role in the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia, which had a sophisticated air defense system, and are generally regarded as an amazing technological achievement, albeit a very expensive one.

If the H-10 followed the design shown in the photo I posted, then it would not be very stealthy due to the different sweep angles and the inconsistencies within the airfoils and body.

If the H-10 followed the design shown in the photo I posted, then it would not be very stealthy due to the different sweep angles and the inconsistencies within the airfoils and body.
Hence why I think pupu meant B-2 like flying wing when he said upside down bat.

Pic not working, cannot link from tiexue.

chinabomber4.jpg

chinabomber3.jpg

chinesebomber.jpg

chinesebomber2.jpg

Yes, there are a huge fleet of stealth fighters & bombers which China "might" have developed from reversed engineering of a down UFO's in Central China earlier yet! ;)

chinesebomber.jpg

chinesebomber2.jpg

Yes, there are a huge fleet of stealth fighters & bombers which China "might" have developed from reversed engineering of a down UFO's in Central China earlier yet! ;)

Perhaps you forgot to mention Peter Truong with a troll gun was the only survivor from that UFO crash, btw, nice group picture of you from....look forward for more.:azn:

Back
Top Bottom