What's new

China’s state rocket company unveils rendering of a [SpaceX] Starship look-alike

Indeed. May I know what happened to boston dynamics despite their so called original innovation? Why it need to sold to hyundai? Too much innovation? :lol:

I will not be surprised SpaceX will also need to be sold to Chinese companies like segway and boston dynamics becos they cannot compete with Chinese in getting price down with same quality unit...

Um..I'm quite sure Boston Dynamics was not founded with the goal of bringing a little robotic dog to the private consumer market. That little spot robot has not been their primary focus. It was made to simply demonstrate they could leverage their current technology into a sellable product.

Last edited:
Have some shame man, Covid is killing people and you are making jokes about it... how pathetic are you?
@WebMaster @waz guys can we stop people from using Covid deaths as a cheap shot at other countries, be it China, the US, India, or Pakistan?
Actually, America kills people all over the world. But that's all fine and dandy to you of course.

Many examples of "copies" in china, but this is not one of them. Not even similar looking, despite all rockets share basic design.

Please watch these two videos. It really escapes comprehension that you cannot see an obvious similarity. It's like two animation studios were given the same script!

Last edited:
Um..I'm quite sure Boston Dynamics was not founded with the goal of bringing a little robotic dog to the private consumer market. That little spot robot has not been their primary focus. It was made to simply demonstrate they could leverage their current technology into a sellable product.
How many sellable product has boston sold to made a profit? The fact, it need to be sold to hyundai more or less show the terrible cost control boston managements has.

Innovation is useless if u cannot self sustain further development unless you got some billionaire willing to burn his cash.

China is king of cost control. We will slowly squeeze american dry. There is no way american can beat Chinese. :enjoy:

Innovation is overrated. Cost control is the key. That is how DJI wipe out american drone industries. US Segway is also wiped out this way. There are more to come. Chinese is king :enjoy:

How many sellable product has boston sold to made a profit? The fact, it need to be sold to hyundai more or less show the terrible cost control boston managements has.

Innovation is useless if u cannot self sustain further development unless you got some billionaire willing to burn his cash.

China is king of cost control. We will slowly squeeze american dry. There is no way american can beat Chinese. :enjoy:

Innovation is overrated. Cost control is the key. That is how DJI wipe out american drone industries. US Segway is also wiped out this way. There are more to come. Chinese is king :enjoy:

Boston Dynamics is a robotic R&D company not a consumer robot manufacturer.
I will tell you another secret, China's wheels are also round.

I'll tell you another secret. Bicycles were invented in the West. So were segways and powered uniwheels. Why is that?

Last edited:
Then why it need to be sold? Tell me...

Boston Dynamics is best known for the development of a series of dynamic highly-mobile robots, including BigDog, Spot, Atlas, and Handle. Since 2019, Spot has been made commercially available, making it the first commercially available robot from Boston Dynamics, with the company stating its intent to commercialize other robots as well, including Handle.

Last edited:

I'll tell you another secret. Bicycles were invented in the West. So were segways and powered unicycles. Why is that?

It is only a matter of time.

China is still combination of innovating and following, one day soon within 20 years ahead it is US and west that are combination of innovating and following China ;)

The company is 30 years old and their technology isn't mature enough yet to keep the company afloat. Even selling the Spot dog won't keep them afloat.
Thanks for admitting innovation is useless if you cant commercialize your product with a competitive pricing.

As I say Innovative is overrated. DJI didnt become big becos it has innovative products like Mavic but becos they know how to commercialize it and sold their product at a price which all their competitor cant compete.

If SpaceX didnt have effective cost control. they would have fold up like Boston dyanmic too even they have tons of innovation.

Thanks for admitting innovation is useless if you cant commercialize your product with a competitive pricing.

Your state-run defense companies are worried about competitive pricing???

Boston Dynamics was pitching their products to the US military way before the Spot dog was ever built. Look at the DARPA history/funding. Again as I said before Boston Dynamics wasn't founded to build small robot dogs for consumers..like DJI is with drones.

Last edited:
Your state-run defense companies are worried about competitive pricing???

Boston Dynamics was pitching their products to the US military way before the Spot dog was ever built. Look at the DARPA history/funding
Of cos price is important. We are not reckless like American who just bank on state sponsor and waste taxpayer money with exorbitant price per unit.

uh huh...and how much does a J-20 cost...
Cheaper and better than your F-22 raptor. :enjoy:

Same as our 055 destroyer. Your big dinosaur USS Zumalt has stopped production and too expensive. While our 055 destroyer are going to 2nd batch of another 8 more build. More or less sums up different between China and US gap. :enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom