What's new

China's New Stealth Fighter-Bomber: JH-XX

But is that black model we know since some time not a much larger design?
And even more it would be interesting to know what's the current status of this project? from 2013 to 2018 a lot can happen ... either it was abandoned or ...???

草根设计师 was mentioned saying that when the concept design was first presented to the top guy, it was rejected straight away. Somehow, sometime later, it was accepted and the project based on that concept design went ahead. However, he is not sure what the current status is.

According to postings by another poster in CJDBY, he stated that 草根设计师 was among the team that presented the concept design to the top guy.
213108a790dagw1oaaao09.jpg

one of several concept proposal designs posted by 草根设计师 in 2013 November. This one showed different air intake.
011152taa3zhm89reat39t.jpg

And this picture showed relative size of this aircraft comparing to what looked like FC-31, it fits well into a medium size bomber class. Thus deserved JH-XX designation.
JH-XX_IFR_zpse40ccb87.jpg

Last edited:
I think we can merge it with the H-XX/H-20 thread. This probably won't be active until in about 5-10 years.

I think we can merge it with the H-XX/H-20 thread. This probably won't be active until in about 5-10 years.
We don't even know if this project is still alive ... honestly, I highly doubt the PLAAF would go about doing two concurrent projects (one subsonic and the other supersonic) and by different contractors (XAC and SAC). That would be a wasteful diversion of resources ... and I'm concerned about SAC's abilities in this respect.

We don't even know if this project is still alive ... honestly, I highly doubt the PLAAF would go about doing two concurrent projects (one subsonic and the other supersonic) and by different contractors (XAC and SAC). That would be a wasteful diversion of resources ... and I'm concerned about SAC's abilities in this respect.

Ironic that you say that, because Huitong just made the claim that the project was subsequently transferred to XAC.

What is JH-XX? Can you tell us for the opening? :-)
If you plan to put the info at the thread starter, you can delete this post, Deino.

Pardon, since I was trying to merge all posts from the PLAAF- and H-20-threads into this new one as far as they are related to this new stealthy fighter-bomber/striker.

Highly possible. One is like tactical bomber like Su34 with stealthy feature and another is strategic bomber.

There are many JH7A waiting to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom