What's new

China's J-20 stealth fighter: 'design is 25 years old'

hasnain0099-albums-mw-picture4328-j-20-mig-1-44.jpg

MiG 1.44 is an ugly guy. J20 also not pretty.

I dont know i quite like the bottoms up or top down view of the J-20. Check out the drawing posted by qwerrty for example. The side shots arent bad either (just wait till you see it with its gear up). But yes the front does look very strange as predicted by the famous chinese blogger (sorry i forgot his name).

India was mentioned along with Russia and US because India is the only other country which has started a 5th Gen AMCA project and also partners Russia in PAKFA

dosen't mean to offend but Russians just need the money. Industrial capacity can't built in days

Do you know how many country in F-35 progarm

Or the South Korean or the Japanese or the Swedish stealth fighter programs???? All these programs are in more advance stages of development than the AMCA which I believe to be still in the concept phase (of course I could be wrong).
Japanese Stealth Fighter Jet Could Rival F22 Raptor
KAI KF-X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because we are not making cheap copies of old planes

You induct hundreds of J10 :lol: ........So ???

Yes I too believe that rather than inducting hundreds of J-10s one should make an 'indigenous' aircraft.....which doesnt get inducted after decades of development.......:rolleyes:

ps: sorry for posting a wiki link

Pakistan zindabad! :pakistan:

Last edited:
Are you also playing a game called Legions:Overdrive?

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

China and it's tech!
:hitwall:

The important thing is developing the entire supply and production chain so you are self reliant and sufficient.

I can see India's uneasiness and jealousy since they are bound to the usury projects with Russia on the T50 (Russia is not going to let India have the real thing) and the Nuke Sub's (India will be lucky getting a foot long Subway sandwich with half of the trimmings out of it. It's already dealing with humongous cost overruns).

Why would anyone put in their hard earned money and partner with Russia? They already failed at the USSR project. Why wasting prescious time just go full steam ahead with the US and serve Uncle Sam the way India served the British Empire?

That is the typical Indian paradox. :blah:

The important thing is developing the entire supply and production chain so you are self reliant and sufficient.

I can see India's uneasiness and jealousy since they are bound to the usury projects with Russia on the T50 (Russia is not going to let India have the real thing) and the Nuke Sub's (India will be lucky getting a foot long Subway sandwich with half of the trimmings out of it. It's already dealing with humongous cost overruns).

Why would anyone put in their hard earned money and partner with Russia? They already failed at the USSR project. Why wasting prescious time just go full steam ahead with the US and serve Uncle Sam the way India served the British Empire?

That is the typical Indian paradox. :blah:

Last year the arms dealing between China and Russia was not even 100 million USD.

Now China is not buying Russian military hardwares anymore, so they have to find a new way to make money, which is to milk India till dry like a cash cow.

Last edited:
For argument's sake, say even if the design is 25 years old, people should remember that the likes of F-15 and F-16 are 40 year old designs, even today the air forces around the globe can't get enough of these fighters, as they can fly circles around most opponents. Once the J-20 reaches production, you can be sure, there will be many worried airforces around the world.

Back
Top Bottom