What's new

China's human rightsrecord getting worse: USambassador

Chinese police besiege town and cut of food supplies in bid to quell riots[/SIZE][/B]

Thousands of Chinese riot police have besieged a village in the south of the country, cutting off supplies of food and water in a bid to quell a series of riots :angry::angry:

By Malcolm Moore, Shanghai

5:51PM GMT 12 Dec 2011

For months, the 20,000 villagers who live in Wukan, near Shanwei city in Guangdong province, have protested first at having nearly £100 million of their land seized and sold off by the local government, and then at the brutal tactics used by police to regain control of the village.

The latest protests began on Sunday, when police attempting to arrest a villager were repelled by villagers armed with sticks. The police fired tear gas before retreating.

At the same time, the local government brought the village's simmering anger to a boil by admitting that Xue Jinbo, a 43-year-old butcher who had represented the villagers in their negotiations with the government, had died in police custody of "cardiac failure".

Mr Xue was taken into custody last week and accused of inciting riots. Mr Xue was widely believed to have been tortured, perhaps to death, and his family were rumoured to have found several of his bones broken when receiving his corpse. :angry:

On Monday, around 6,000 people attended Mr Xue's funeral and photographs of the massed crowds paying their respects circulated on the Chinese internet. "We're very pained and angry at his death," said one villager who declined to be named. "He didn't commit any crime. He was just a negotiator speaking with the government, trying to get our land back. He was defending farmers' rights."

Meanwhile, more photographs showed thousands of Chinese police massing on the roads surrounding Wukan and villagers said that a blockade had been imposed. Villagers using the internet inside the cordon claimed that supplies of food, including rice were running low. "A lot of policemen are assembled outside the village," wrote one villager on Weibo, China's version of Twitter, who named himself as Charles Suen.

"The villagers are having a meeting and are preparing to break out this afternoon to petition the government again," he added.

"People cannot come in and we can't go out. We will not survive if the situation keeps going, as we have no food," said another villager to Agence France Press by phone. "We normally have to buy food from outside, but we are blocked, so we cannot buy it," he added.Last week, officials in the village were taken hostage for a few hours by angry villagers and the police set up roadblocks at the village entrance in response.

The clashes in Wukan began in September, when a government office was damaged by an angry mob. Around 400 police responded with brute force, beating some residents and allegedly killing one child.

In November, 4,000 villagers complained again, publicly, that no one had investigated the land grab at the heart of their unrest. The non-violent protests were allowed to unfold without an official response, a move that was praised at the time by observers. But the matter remained unresolved.

Zhou Yongkang, China's security chief, has warned that as the country's economy begins to slow down, protests are likely to flare up and officials should deal with complaints promptly to "remove" sources of potential conflict.

Chinese police besiege town and cut of food supplies in bid to quell riots - Telegraph
--------------------

Chinese - "We rather starve and kill people in winter - This way we can preserve their organs, to be sold off, for a longer time"

over 20 million kids in china die of starvation everyday... over 100 million chinese kids have a slits in their pants as easy access to crap in the streets ( lol, it's truth , some weird thing they do)

haha ,you must be talking about your country.

Life expectancy in India: 64.4 years. In China: 73.5 years
Infant mortality rate in India: 50 per 1000. In China: 17 per 1000
Maternal mortality rate in India: 230 per 100,000 live births. In China: 38 per 100,000
Mean years of schooling in India: 4.4 years. In China: 7.5 years
Adult literacy rate in India: 74 percent. In China: 94 percent.

Indian States Poorer than African nations: UNDP

According to the new measure called the Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI) developed by UNDP acute poverty prevails in eight Indian states which includes Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. They account for more poor people than in the 26 poorest African nations combined.

The new measure called the Multidimensional Poverty Index was developed and applied by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative with UNDP support. The measure reveals the nature and extent of poverty at different levels: from household up to regional, national and international level.

An analysis by its creators reveal that there are more than MPI poor people in 8 Indian states (421 million in Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, MP, Orissa, Rajasthan, UP and West Bengal) than in the 26 poorest African countries combined (410 million).The MPI supplants the Human Poverty Index which had been included in the Annual Human Development Reports since 1997.

The MPI assesses a range of critical factors or deprivations at the household level from education to health outcomes to assets and services. Taken together these factors provide a fuller portrait of acute poverty than simple income measures.

Some alarming statistics:
1/3rd world’s poor is in India. It also has a higher proportion of its population living on less than $ 2 per day than even sub-Saharan Africa.

828 million people or 75.6% of the population is living below $2 a day.42% of the population is living below the new international poverty line.

33% of the global poor are Indians which equals to 14 billion people. Sub-Saharan Africa considered the world’s poorest region is better.

Nagaland, Delhi and J&K have the least number of poor.

41.8% of the rural population survive with monthly per capita consumption expenditure of Rs 447.

They spend only Rs 447 on essential necessities like food, fuel,light and clothing.

According to the Planning Commission’s recent estimates poverty in India came down from 35.97 % in 1993-94 to 27.54% in 2004-05.

Dude, your country is so dumb it can't make an AK-47. Something even the dumbest countries can do.

:rofl: no YOU did not hit me with that weak comeback. " you don't make an ak-47 nah nah bo boo... that is soooo much worse than we being treated as dumb ignorant peasants by our govt. :rofl:

Quality of Life: India vs. China
May 12, 2011
Amartya Sen

statistics about China and India, drawn mainly from the World Bank and the United Nations, are relevant here. Life expectancy at birth in China is 73.5 years; in India it is 64.4 years. The infant mortality rate is fifty per thousand in India, compared with just seventeen in China; the mortality rate for children under five is sixty-six per thousand for Indians and nineteen for the Chinese; and the maternal mortality rate is 230 per 100,000 live births in India and thirty-eight in China. The mean years of schooling in India were estimated to be 4.4 years, compared with 7.5 years in China. China’s adult literacy rate is 94 percent, compared with India’s 74 percent according to the preliminary tables of the 2011 census.

As a result of India’s effort to improve the schooling of girls, its literacy rate for women between the ages of fifteen and twenty-four has clearly risen; but that rate is still not much above 80 percent, whereas in China it is 99 percent. One of the serious failures of India is that a very substantial proportion of Indian children are, to varying degrees, undernourished (depending on the criteria used, the proportion can come close to half of all children), compared with a very small proportion in China. Only 66 percent of Indian children are immunized with triple vaccine (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus), as opposed to 97 percent in China.

Chinese are so dumb that the real reason for its one child policy from it's govt- is to keep that trait from spreading :rofl:

I first didnt target India as you can see in the first two pages,I only targeted US,but this JayAtl jumped out here and started to insult my country.and the result is this mese,I NEVER mean to do it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Chinese are so dumb that the real reason for its one child policy from it's govt- is to keep that trait from spreading :rofl:

now you bring the fight to a new level,ha,want to do racism?I bet there are some people here itchy for that fight.

I first didnt target India as you can see in the first two pages,I only targeted US,but this JayAtl jumped out here and started to insult my country.and the result is this mese,I NEVER mean to do it.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

now you bring the fight to a new level,ha,want to do racism?I bet there are some people here itchy for that fight.

I don't care if you target india, infact your chinese galpal Gpit brought India in the thread first. I'm laughing at you as an american...

Calling you dumb is not racism... it's what your Govt treats you as...

:rofl: no YOU did not hit me with that weak comeback. " you don't make an ak-47 nah nah bo boo... that is soooo much worse than we being treated as dumb ignorant peasants by our govt. :rofl:

Like your peasants even have a TV to watch. That would take a diesel powered generator with petrol at sky high rupees. Why not stick to what you know: planting logic bombs, massive insider trading conspiracies, defrauding Medicare or bankrupting flea-bag motels???

I don't care if you target india, infact your chinese galpal Gpit brought India in the thread first. I'm laughing at you as an american...

Calling you dumb is not racism... it's what your Govt treats you as...

haha,an Amerian? are you shamed of your country of origin?

My question still remains the same!! "Can any Chinese brother, ever reply on topic without bringing other countries into the discussion?"

My question still remains the same!! "Can any Chinese brother, ever reply on topic without bringing other countries into the discussion?"

the article says US ambassador criticize China,it's already about two countries.

Like your peasants even have a TV to watch. That would take a diesel powered generator with petrol at sky high rupees. Why not stick to what you know: planting logic bombs, massive insider trading conspiracies, defrauding Medicare or bankrupting flea-bag motels???

OMg you did not make this into a typical chinese menu of dry comebacks.

Chinese are so dumb that when they come to america they think a quaterback is cash back..:rofl:

Nǐ zěnme zhème bèn?

Back
Top Bottom