What's new

China's Ford class supercarrier

Aye, the U.S. plan to use India to counterbalance China will be a big failure. ^^

I personally do not see it that way. India is a strong and very clever country. It will never let its soul be sold to the U.S.
Besides, India too have a strong and growing navy and is also one of the fastest growing economies. So it makes more sense to better ties with China than to try and jeopadise it and in the end hurting themselves in the process. There is no gaurantee of friendship with the Americans as demonstrated in the past many times. We as Asians will not share the same bond with them as our European counterparts. Say if there is no China, then India's economical and military presence will automatically make them America and Europes next target.

This one will be PLAN's first generation CVN, most likely the Type 085 supercarrier, the one shows my topic will be a second generation one.

I highly doubt the PLAN even has a Gerald Ford class carrier equivalent on the agenda right now. They have not completed even the Type 089 and its follow on class, the Type 085, yet.

I highly doubt the PLAN even has a Gerald Ford class carrier equivalent on the agenda right now. They have not completed even the Type 089 and its follow on class, the Type 085, yet.

They have studied the electromagnetic system long time ago, CCP is more ambitious than you can imagine.

Since there are two shiyards building the aircraft carrier, one would take care of the steam power, and the other one the electric power.

This company is involved in the AC project of the Jiangnan shipyard, then you can imagine what kind of AC they are planning.

????

There are leaked information about the next AC in the Dalian shiyard, there are 4 X steam turbines powered by the nuclear plants that generate about 280,000 shp, most certainly the Chinese version of the Nimitz carrier. Because the Dalian shipyard is always more advanced in the technology of the steam turbine and the steam catapult, that why's they are going to build something similar to the Nimitz carrier.

However, I doubt we're going to use the steam catapult. It's technology ready to be phased out and just adds useless weight to the carrier. Instead, I'm almost sure that we'll be using an EM catapult.

However, I doubt we're going to use the steam catapult. It's technology ready to be phased out and just adds useless weight to the carrier. Instead, I'm almost sure that we'll be using an EM catapult.

The EM launch system is not mature yet, so the next carrier being built in the Dalian shipyard is likely using the steam catapult, also this carrier will generate about 280,000 shp, it is likely our own version of the Nimitz carrier.

There was a guy on CD forum who has posted the leaked pic of its nuclear plant, but it has been deleted for some security reasons.

They have studied the electromagnetic system long time ago, CCP is more ambitious than you can imagine.

Since there are two shiyards building the aircraft carrier, one would take care of the steam power, and the other one the electric power.

The electromagnetic catapult alone does not make it a Gerald Ford equivalent.

It is my hypothesis that one shipyard will build the Type 089 and the other the Type 085.

The electromagnetic catapult alone does not make it a Gerald Ford equivalent.

It is my hypothesis that one shipyard will build the Type 089 and the other the Type 085.

There are 4 X EM catapults, you need two nuclear power plants that generate 3-4 times of the electric power of the A4W reactors used by the Nimitz carrier.

If you want to put the EM launch system into your carrier, then you have no choice, but to make its size a 100,000 tons behemoth with two uber powerful nuclear reactors.

There are 4 X EM catapults, you need two nuclear power plants that generate 3-4 times of the electric power of the A4W reactors used by the Nimitz carrier.

If you want to put the EM launch system into your carrier, then you have no choice, but to make its size a 100,000 tons behemoth with two uber powerful nuclear reactors.

Again, large size and more power does not make it as advanced as the Gerald Ford. There will be other factors such as defense systems, radars, etc. We know nothing of the such regarding what comes after the Type 085.

Again, large size and more power does not make it as advanced as the Gerald Ford. There will be other factors such as defense systems, radars, etc. We know nothing of the such regarding what comes after the Type 085.

Only the catapult system and the nuclear power plant of the Gerald Ford class are the revolutionary upgrades from the Nimitz class.

If China can build a 100,000 tons supercarrier with EM launch system and uber powerful nuclear power plant, in additional with some laser defence system, this will be basically equivalent to the Gerald Ford class.

Only the catapult system and the nuclear power plant of the Gerald Ford class are the revolutionary upgrades from the Nimitz class.

If China can build a 100,000 tons supercarrier with EM launch system and uber powerful nuclear power plant, in additional with some laser defence system, this will be basically equivalent to the Gerald Ford class.

A carrier also incorporates radar, SAMs, and defense systems that define its defensive capability. A 100000 tonne carrier without adequate air defenses will simply be a sitting duck in battle.

As of now, we don't even know if China plans to build a 100000 tonne supercarrier with electromagnetic launch systems yet. Until we get the Type 089 and Type 085 in service, this is too far fetched for us to even consider. We can't sprint before we can crawl.

A carrier also incorporates radar, SAMs, and defense systems that define its defensive capability. A 100000 tonne carrier without adequate air defenses will simply be a sitting duck in battle.

As of now, we don't even know if China plans to build a 100000 tonne supercarrier with electromagnetic launch systems yet. Until we get the Type 089 and Type 085 in service, this is too far fetched for us to even consider. We can't sprint before we can crawl.

The nuclear plant is the weakest part for us, if we can overcome this part, then anything else would be much easier.

There was a leaked pic of the assembly of the nuclear plant for the next carrier, it can produce 280,000 shp by four steam turbines. Unfortunately the pic was deleted for the security reason.

The nuclear plant is the weakest part for us, if we can overcome this part, then anything else would be much easier.

There was a leaked pic of the assembly of the nuclear plant for the next carrier, it can produce 280,000 shp by four steam turbines. Unfortunately the pic was deleted for the security reason.

It can build a 280000 tonne ship, but will it? Will the budget, planning, and capability allow it to do so?

Right now, the answer is probably no.

Back
Top Bottom