What's new

China's first deep-water rig to drill in South China Sea

The Chinese don't even call it the "South China Sea." They call it the "South Sea." It was the British who mapped it as SCS and the ocean facing South Asia, the "Indian Ocean."

I think "South Sea" is for our internal reference. The sea navigation is free for all. Only the islands and the resources belong to us within the designated boundary!

Into the Castle.

0019b91ed92c1111caf546.jpg

0019b91ed92c1111caf547.jpg

0019b91ed92c1111caf548.jpg

The pix of the floating oil rigs are magnificent!

When does our floating fishing factory start sailing towards SCS? I want my first bite of great lobster sushi from there!

we need more of these rigs.
we need to develop a national coast guard.

Yes. We need them to be set up along the "nine dash lines" where there is potential oil reserves!

I think our "漁政船" is equivalent to " national coast guard"?!

Welcome to the semi-submersible club, our is already 50,000 tons

Well, the problem is can you build it by yourself? :coffee:
We can build 14,000 tonnes rig now:coffee:
Vietnam-made jack-up drilling rig inaugurated
Read the original news
VOV News English - 8 month(s) ago 25 readings

(VOV) - Vietnam is now one of the three countries in Asia and ten in the world to have built a jack-up drilling rig meeting the international standards recognised by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).
Facebook Twitter 0 vote(s) Comment Save this news
State President Truong Tan Sang joined leaders of ministries and agencies, as well as representatives from the Russian embassy and the Russian Consulate General in Vietnam, at the ceremony to launch the Moc Tinh oil rig, which was held to mark the 50th anniversary of PetroVietnam (November 27).

The drilling rig is a key national mechanical project invested by PetroVietnam and with PetroVietnam Marine Shipyard as the EPC contractor.

The rig was designed and manufactured by Petroleum Equipment Assembly and Metal Structure JSC (PVC-MS) and is the largest oil platform in Vietnam with a total weight of over 14,000 tonnes.
Vietnam-made jack-up drilling rig inaugurated - Related news - 9/11/2011 - VOV News English
18.04.2012.03.jpg

DSC_1481.jpg

The location of the oil drilling, and i don't really understand the hysteria of some people here. :coffee:
1141400veuv6r44uv4p20x.jpg

Symtoms:
indians: psychedelic complexities grown out of long time jealousy, hate, envy and self-pity
vietnamese: fear and paranoid
pinoys: to be identified
us: none of my business
Actually I prefer the rig to go deeper into the SCS!

The location of the oil drilling, and i don't really understand the hysteria of some people here. :coffee:

1141400veuv6r44uv4p20x.jpg

This location is not near Pratas island of Taiwan?

Symtoms:
indians: psychedelic complexities grown out of long time jealousy, hate, envy and self-pity
vietnamese: fear and paranoid
pinoys: to be identified
us: none of my business
Actually I prefer the rig to go deeper into the SCS!

:lol: You are paranoid?

Back
Top Bottom