What's new

China's 294 megatons of thermonuclear deterrence

This would mean China has more (or less)

It's probably a lot less now because older 1-5MT weapons are being removed from service and replaced with 100-700kt weapons. Last Chinese test series (94-96) gives a hint that their latest warhead design has a yield of 100kt.

Any update please? Any other nation likely to join the club of 5?

Any update please? Any other nation likely to join the club of 5?

Unlikely since it seems that you need thermonuclear weapons to be part of that "elite club", and other nuclear armed states do not have them.

Most numerous US warhead is the 100kt W76.

New Russian SLBM's are armed with 90-150kt warheads.

French have 100-120kt TN 75.

UK warhead is based on the 100kt W76.

PRC followed suite with their 100kt warhead.

It's probably a lot less now because older 1-5MT weapons are being removed from service and replaced with 100-700kt weapons. Last Chinese test series (94-96) gives a hint that their latest warhead design has a yield of 100kt.

You are making your own words, Mr. Finland.

The blast, which took place about 1 A.M. Eastern daylight time, had 70 times the explosive power of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, and exceeded the 150-kiloton limit observed by Washington and Moscow under a 1990 treaty, scientists said.

Chinese Set Off Their Biggest Nuclear Explosion - NYTimes.com

Do you really believe that US is the only one that possesses the W-88 nuclear miniaturization technology? :coffee:

You are making your own words, Mr. Finland.

The blast, which took place about 1 A.M. Eastern daylight time, had 70 times the explosive power of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, and exceeded the 150-kiloton limit observed by Washington and Moscow under a 1990 treaty, scientists said.

Chinese Set Off Their Biggest Nuclear Explosion - NYTimes.com

Do you really believe that US is the only one that possesses the W-88 nuclear miniaturization technology? :coffee:

Most reliable sources put that 1992 test yield at 660-700kt and not 1MT... no one knows were those lasts test DF-31 RV tests or were they testing new warhead. NASIC reports that DF-31 RV weights 470kg and is too big for the DF-31 ICBM to carry more than one, and that would mean only Chinese ICBM (in service currently) what could carry MIRVs is the DF-5. Back in the 1990's (before DF-31A appeared) it was rumored that DF-41 was able to carry three DF-31 RV's but without any penaids.

I don't remember writing that only US can manufacture "watermelon" primaries, but even the US made W88 (length 170cm+ and weight almost 400kg) is large when compared to something like the W76. Most people do not realize that W88 is far from being a small nuclear weapon.

Look at page 109.
http://www.cissm.umd.edu/papers/files/the_minimum_means_of_reprisal.pdf

Following the resumption of testing in 1987, an analysis of Chinese test yields
suggests at least two additional designs: Two tests in the 200‐300 KT range probably
involved the warhead for the DF‐21/JL‐1 proposed in 1986 by Deng Jiaxian and Yu
Min.

Then, in September 1992, China conducted a low yield test that was reported to
validate an aspherical primary for a miniaturized nuclear warhead that could arm
the DF‐31/JL‐2. This development probably obviated the DF‐21/JL‐1 warhead.

China announced its intention to complete negotiations on a CTBT “no later than
1996” following the first full scale test of the warhead for the DF‐31 in October
1993 Six tests in the 50‐150 KT range probably completed validation for the
design.

Most reliable sources put that 1992 test yield at 660-700kt and not 1MT... no one knows were those lasts test DF-31 RV tests or were they testing new warhead. NASIC reports that DF-31 RV weights 470kg and is too big for the DF-31 ICBM to carry more than one, and that would mean only Chinese ICBM (in service currently) what could carry MIRVs is the DF-5. Back in the 1990's (before DF-31A appeared) it was rumored that DF-41 was able to carry three DF-31 RV's but without any penaids.

I don't remember writing that only US can manufacture "watermelon" primaries, but even the US made W88 (length 170cm+ and weight almost 400kg) is large when compared to something like the W76. Most people do not realize that W88 is far from being a small nuclear weapon.

Look at page 109.
http://www.cissm.umd.edu/papers/files/the_minimum_means_of_reprisal.pdf

Look at the size of DF-31 dummy RV (simulating the real rv) in this pic. Are you saying that DF-31 is going to carry three of those?
nyBDbz4.jpg

Compare that to DF-31A what has payload shroud covering the RV so we cannot see it.
pBR4Ka6.jpg

Gosh, you are full of it.

You are on my ignored list right now, goodbye.

Most numerous US warhead is the 100kt W76.

New Russian SLBM's are armed with 90-150kt warheads.

French have 100-120kt TN 75.

UK warhead is based on the 100kt W76.

PRC followed suite with their 100kt warhead.

Are they thermonuclear warheads or basic nuclear atomic warheads, because, for thermonuclear, 100kt is weak. Thermonuclear warheads can be as powerful up to 50mt. For an atomic warhead 100kt is powerful.

@Martian2

Welcome back. Where have you been all the time?

I've been busy raising awareness on China's EMP megaton weapon capability in the mainstream media, such as TIME, Bloomberg, etc.

When I posted my comment on TIME, 1019 people were "listening"/watching my comment. I reached a lot of new people with my viewpoint. I'm guessing many thousands of people read my viewpoint during the first 24 hours. Possibly tens of thousands of people read my comment by the end of the week.

Anyway, my viewpoint was posted on a total of approximately 40 mainstream publications. The links below are only a partial listing. I got tired of recording my activities.

At times, I leave the forums and focus my effort on the mainstream media. One or two years ago, I spent 14 days posting China's historical claims to the South China Sea in the mainstream media. Someone has to speak up for Chinese people, right? We're the good guys.

----------

I raise the issue of China's 16.5 megaton EMP warhead in TIME's comment section

US Boosts Troops, Ships, Exercises In Asia-Pacific | TIME.com

"China To Find A Target-Rich Environment
By Kirk SpitzerFeb. 08, 2013"

My reply in the comment section:

"ChinaLee
4 minutes ago

If China detonates a 16.5 megaton EMP (electromagnetic pulse) warhead over Japan, there will be a lot of sitting ducks.

Normally, China's DF-5 ICBM carries a 5 megaton thermonuclear warhead. According to the Federation of American Scientists, an enhanced radiation weapon (such as an EMP warhead) has a multiplicative factor of 3.3 when a normal nuclear warhead is specifically tuned to emit gamma rays."

----------

China holds the ultimate high ground with a 16.5 megaton EMP warhead

When China and the United States both put their best military cards on the table, China should be the winner.

What is more powerful? China's 16.5 megaton EMP warhead or America's 182 F-22 fighters?

In my view, the clear winner is 50,000 volts surging through all electrical wiring and electronics. Radar stealth is useless against 50,000 volts per meter (see citation below).

In furtherance of raising awareness on the showdown between China's 16.5 megaton EMP warhead versus America's radar-evading stealth fighter, I have posted my TIME comment on other websites.

Think of this post as my way of keeping track.

Comments left at:

Chinese ship patrol Diaoyu Islands waters, South China Sea - China.org.cn

Obama Should Woo Japan to Join Pacific Trade Pact | Bloomberg

Japan, China island dispute heats up | UPI

Jets roar as US, Japan, Australia drill in Pacific - Indian Express

Japan wants military hotline to China | Big News Network

Tiny Islands, Big Worries: What's Really Driving The China-Japan Showdown | World Crunch

The Rising East: China-Japan Clash Dangerously Ripe for Miscalculation | Honolulu Civil Beat

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/ap-america-backs-japan-radar-incident-china-021113/

China and Japan Dispute Over Islands Escalates

Japan GSDF Members Board Osprey Aircraft for 1st Time | Avionics Intelligence

Philippines – China territorial rights standoff at flash point | Hill Post

US Arms Fuel Asian Tension by Richard Javad Heydarian -- Antiwar.com

Huge military exercise highlights 'rebalancing of US policy toward Asia' - World News

Robin Lustig: Is a North Korean Nuclear Bomb a Direct Threat to the US?

Fallout | The Economist

Chinese patrol vessels enter disputed waters | The Voice of Russia (Radio)

Businessweek - Business News, Stock market & Financial Advice

The United States Heads to the South China Sea | Foreign Affairs

Obama hosting new Japan PM amid tensions in Asia

Obama Meets Abe Amid China And Japan Tension

China Looms as Main Concern in Meeting Between Obama, Japan's Abe | PBS NewsHour | Feb. 22, 2013 | PBS

----------

Nuclear EMP: Examples

sgmXzEP.jpg

----------

Another Post on EMP Attack

a1KSBMJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been busy raising awareness on China's EMP megaton weapon capability in the mainstream media, such as TIME, Bloomberg, etc.
I agree with one´s response to your retard comments on the media:
"I think you should seek professional help. You are a psychopath."

I agree with one´s response to your retard comments on the media:
"I think you should seek professional help. You are a psychopath."

Don't be a sore loser

You sound distraught. You only joined PDF in June 2012. I've been affecting the American national discussion on important China-related issues for years.

For example, a year ago, there was intense debate in the United States about alleged Chinese currency manipulation. I countered that myth with my comments on CBSNews (see below), UPI, USAToday, CNNMoney, Nasdaq, CNBCNews, and many other major news publications that I have forgotten.

After the widespread posting of my comments regarding China's 30% yuan appreciation, Reuters and The Guardian newspaper published new articles within 12 hours acknowledging that China's currency had indeed appreciated 30% during the past six years against the U.S. dollar. I was challenging their credibility and they wisely chose to publish the truth.

I've been scoring these kind of victories for the past few years. You shouldn't be surprised that I'm spreading awareness on China's 16.5 megaton EMP warhead. When Westerners learn about China's modern EMP capabilities, they suddenly lack interest in helping Japan over the Diaoyu Islands. Of course, this means the Western public also has no interest in helping Vietnam over the Spratlys.

In conclusion, don't be a sore loser. As an armchair general, I have outmaneuvered all of you Viets on this forum. You're in here talking trash against China. I'm out there on practically every major news publication to influence American public opinion on important China-related issues.

By the way, I have made many posts to inform the American public that UNCLOS is not international law. Hence, there is no legal basis for American intervention in the South China Sea. You Viets are on your own in facing the PLA Navy.

----------

My comment on CBSNews: Senate to vote on China currency sanctions - CBS News

Tn2nKAl.jpg

----------

Link to my comment on United Press International: China reacts to U.S. Senate vote on yuan - UPI.com

I can't find the link to my comment on USAToday. However, mine was prominently displayed right under the main article as the second comment. It was up there for months. I think many people in the United States saw it and realized that China was not manipulating its currency.

My comment on China's 30% yuan currency appreciation was also posted on many influential political magazines like The Hill and many others. I have no idea where the links are anymore.

The important thing is that the American public understood that China's currency had been APPRECIATING BY 30% and the media wasn't telling them the truth.

You sound distraught. You only joined PDF in June 2012. I've been affecting the American national discussion on important China-related issues for years.
And I have been affecting PLA doctrines for years based upon my participation on the Internet.

Talk about a childish ego...:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom