What's new

China World Trade Center Tower : Beijing tallest skyscraper

I guess familiarity breeds contempt. You really seem to have it out for government people. Fair enough I suppose since its your tax money. On a different note, I lived in Haidian district, north west I guess and I'm not really sure I want to corrupt the university feels of the district with large office buildings either.

As for your suggestions, its just not possible for large amounts of people to work at home, especially as you say many people work in the service industry. Business districts occurs in most cities for a reason (even here in Toronto). There are usually first a critical mass of business and other businesses grow up near them because of convenience and timing saving, there's little chance that you can force people to go across town to for different related businesses (and it would add to the congestion)

And your idea of character may differ from other people's and who's to say which is more important.

It's hard not to be cynical about government people when one lives in Beijing. Recently the entire Beijing roads system grinds to a halt, why? Because government bureaucrats, from not just Beijing but all over China, are on Beijing's roads in their Audis delivering gifts (i.e. 'soft' bribes) to their seniors during the Mid-Autumn.

Also Beijing government made a huge blunder in promoting private cars ownerships. The traffic restriction (i.e. each vehicle has to stay off-road one day per week) is also becoming meaningless as families are buying second, third or even fourth cars so they can be on the road any day they want.

It's hard not to be cynical about government people when one lives in Beijing. Recently the entire Beijing roads system grinds to a halt, why? Because government bureaucrats, from not just Beijing but all over China, are on Beijing's roads in their Audis delivering gifts (i.e. 'soft' bribes) to their seniors during the Mid-Autumn.

Also Beijing government made a huge blunder in promoting private cars ownerships. The traffic restriction (i.e. each vehicle has to stay off-road one day per week) is also becoming meaningless as families are buying second, third or even fourth cars so they can be on the road any day they want.[/QUOTE]

I especially agree with that part. People are getting ridiculous. Cars are now the status symbol and almost every middle class family has one or wants one. What is the use of such things when the public transport system is already so advanced?

As for corruption I think it will take time for China to sort them out completely. In the main time however I think they should bring back public executions. The "human rights" people could bawl all they want but as I said before, human rights are for humans.

No discussion on Beijing traffic is complete without a picture of the legendary Xizhimen Bridge. It's often referred as the 9th wonder of the world and Beijing's bulwark against American invasion, because of its uncanny ability to confuse and depress even the most experienced of drivers.

200581815440814.jpg

i love large buildings and the feeling of being in the shadow of a bridge or skyscraper. unfortunately, instead of going into civil engineering, i listened to my parents and got into biochemistry, because they said i was too clumsy and would probably kill myself on the job.

this is wuhan. tunnels, bridges, skyscrapers, factories. i grew up across the river from the 15th largest steel mill in the world watching the red lights on the cooling towers glow.

20080905154617c39e1.jpg

xin_42310041715325002944734.jpg

4516828951276367043.jpg

BBS_20096291504370116_10.jpg

91f42edcab2041c58c102900.jpeg

i love large buildings and the feeling of being in the shadow of a bridge or skyscraper. unfortunately, instead of going into civil engineering, i listened to my parents and got into biochemistry, because they said i was too clumsy and would probably kill myself on the job.

this is wuhan. tunnels, bridges, skyscrapers, factories. i grew up across the river from the 15th largest steel mill in the world watching the red lights on the cooling towers glow.

20080905154617c39e1.jpg

xin_42310041715325002944734.jpg

4516828951276367043.jpg

BBS_20096291504370116_10.jpg

91f42edcab2041c58c102900.jpeg

WOW...amazing..Lets face it China is the US of 50s,the engine which was driving the world.Hopefully India will be able to replicate the story of China

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom