What's new

China, Vietnam settle long-disputed land border

land border settled? I don't think so because it's not so easy a issue, and maybe even because it sounds so quickly to many chinese. maybe we need something settled temporarily to focus on something else, and then it will be settled actually.
trust me, the game is not over.

The real big deal will be when you guys sort out Spratlys.

we can sort it out in some very peaceful manner, that is Vietnam just needs to give it up completely.

we can also sort it out in some not that peaceful manner, in which I would expect my navy to destroy the whole Vietnamese navy force and bring peace to that part of sea in the next few decades. we are talking about Vietnam here, we Chinese had numerous wars with them in history, please check history books to see the statistics on the results of those wars - not very bright for them.

we can sort it out in some very peaceful manner, that is Vietnam just needs to give it up completely.

we can also sort it out in some not that peaceful manner, in which I would expect my navy to destroy the whole Vietnamese navy force and bring peace to that part of sea in the next few decades. we are talking about Vietnam here, we Chinese had numerous wars with them in history, please check history books to see the statistics on the results of those wars - not very bright for them.

Don't hold your breath then :wave:

Btw, it's not just Vietnam, you'd have to duke it out with Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia and for some reason Brunei :crazy:

Not saying you can't do it, it's just bad PR. Otherwise the Chinese govt would've done it long ago.

RMB is strong in Vietnam.haha,that's the real invincible army which had invaded and occupied Vietnam.

I don't think it's in China's interests to demolish the Vietnamese Navy + Army and to kill the relationships between both nations.
China is looking for friendly relations with other neighbours closeby, as an upcoming superpower, it wants to secure it's interests and it's main allies in the region.
Something similar to the USSR and their "satelite" states, correct me if i'm wrong.

I don't think it's in China's interests to demolish the Vietnamese Navy + Army and to kill the relationships between both nations.
China is looking for friendly relations with other neighbours closeby, as an upcoming superpower, it wants to secure it's interests and it's main allies in the region.
Something similar to the USSR and their "satelite" states, correct me if i'm wrong.
you are right.from lesson of USSR's fallen,every ambitious big nations should know,it's not enough to build a great nation barely by power or weapon.dollars and culture spread are more important.Vietnam can resist neither influence of China,considering his history or geographical position or economy.the fate of Vietnam is doomed to be a part of economic circle of East Asia,which lead by China with the vigorous competition of Japan.

..............Vietnam can resist neither influence of China,considering his history or geographical position or economy.the fate of Vietnam is doomed to be a part of economic circle of East Asia,which lead by China with the vigorous competition of Japan.

I wonder which all countries are going to survive from the strangulation of Chinese dragan? Or it will be only dragan in the end and all others dead?

RK

land border settled? I don't think so because it's not so easy a issue, and maybe even because it sounds so quickly to many chinese. maybe we need something settled temporarily to focus on something else, and then it will be settled actually.
trust me, the game is not over.

We know, Chinese games are never over. We are also taking lessons from Chinese in playing games..

RK

In fact China and Vietnam settled their land border back in 1999. The only thing they have done is to put marking stones denoting the border.
China and Vietnam borders were not a major problem. The problem is the maritime borders in the South China sea plus the maritime borders with Japan in the East China Sea.

I wonder which all countries are going to survive from the strangulation of Chinese dragan? Or it will be only dragan in the end and all others dead?

RK
don't be panic,China would be more gentle than British conqueror Robert Clive,1725~1774.

the fate of Vietnam is doomed no matter what political system China took.I'm afraid Vietnamese would strangulate themselves without China doing anything to them if they don't keep up with us.

you are right.from lesson of USSR's fallen,every ambitious big nations should know,it's not enough to build a great nation barely by power or weapon.dollars and culture spread are more important.Vietnam can resist neither influence of China,considering his history or geographical position or economy.the fate of Vietnam is doomed to be a part of economic circle of East Asia,which lead by China with the vigorous competition of Japan.

No one in VN denies the huge influence of China on their country. Most of Vietnamese even welcome that. We love and ... hate China. Regardless numerous conflicts it had with China, and still has today, most Viet people just wish to live in peace with its big neighbor country in the north. The question today is how it can balance its interest with China. VN has been recovering from the wars, the last thing what VN wants is another armed conflict.

No one in VN denies the huge influence of China on their country. Most of Vietnamese even welcome that. We love and ... hate China. Regardless numerous conflicts it had with China, and still has today, most Viet people just wish to live in peace with its big neighbor country in the north. The question today is how it can balance its interest with China. VN has been recovering from the wars, the last thing what VN wants is another armed conflict.
First beg for mercy then backstab...... that's how Vietnamese behave. Chinese, Khmer and Thai all agree -- Viet influence must be wiped away from SE Asia.

VN has been recovering from the wars, the last thing what VN wants is another armed conflict.

I doubt you are a Viet.
if you are truly a viet you need to see your doctor and take some drug immediately.

First beg for mercy then backstab...... that's how Vietnamese behave. Chinese, Khmer and Thai all agree -- Viet influence must be wiped away from SE Asia.

If china give back ancient land of Viets, Yelang country in China. North point of our country is reached to Dongding Lake.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom