What's new

China urges India to maintain peace in border areas

grey boy 2

Reaction score
Country
China
China urges India to maintain peace in border areas - People's Daily Online December 02, 2009

China on Tuesday urged India to maintain peace and stability in border areas as commenting on a road construction by the Indian side in disputed area.

The two sides should make joint efforts to this end before the border issue gets final settlement, said Foreign Minister spokesman Qin Gang at a regular press conference here Tuesday afternoon.

It is reported that a road was being built by authorities of Indian Kashmir in a disputed area near the line of control. The construction stopped after objection from the Chinese side.

Source: Xinhua

China talking about peace means do wht china likes.....l..

Keep peace on China-India border: Official - People's Daily Online 08:41, December 02, 2009

China and India should work together to maintain peace and harmony in the border region between the countries, said foreign ministry spokesperson Qin Gang during a regular news briefing yesterday.

Indian media said yesterday that work on the road to link Demchok village, which is 300 kilometers southeast of Leh, beyond India's last post in the Ladakh region, was stopped in October after objections by China.

The 8-km road was being built in the remote Demchok area of the Buddhist-dominated Ladakh area near the Line of Actual Control (LAC), a military line that divides Indian Kashmir and the part held by China.

Indian Officials claim that the road was well within Indian territory.

The Express News Service in New Delhi quoted Indian Minister of State for Defence Pallam Raju as saying that "the whole problem arises in the different perception of the actual border. That is why it has possibly been stopped."

Fu Xiaoqiang, senior researcher with the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, told China Daily that the China-India border issue is complex.

"India's action now is jeopardizing the Sino-Indian relationship. India thinks it can force China to agree with it (by building a road over the disputed area), but China's attitude won't bend."

Fu said China's objection is a friendly reminder of the LAC to India, but it is not impeding construction as reported by Indian media.

The LAC is the effective border between India and China. The term LAC gained legal recognition in Sino-Indian agreements signed in 1993 and 1996. In the 1996 agreement it states, "no activities of either side shall overstep the line of actual control."

Former Chinese ambassador to India Pei Yuanying told China Daily that different perceptions of the LAC is the reason for the dispute.

"We think (according to the LAC) the territory belongs to us, and our Indian counterparts believe in the opposite."

Pei said that similar friction that has arisen in the past has also been caused by different perceptions of the location of the LAC.

"China and India have already agreed to maintain peace in their border region. I don't think the road dispute is a conspiracy by either party. The two sides won't harm each other unnecessarily because neither will be benefited."

Border issues have tortured Beijing and New Delhi for decades. So far, 13 rounds of border talks have been held between the nations.

Last month, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh agreed to gradually narrow differences on border issues between the two countries when they met in Thailand for the ASEAN-related summits.

Source:China Daily

I am sure that India can survive without committing stupid provocation like building road into Chinese territory...

I guess u need to understand that, No country can stop the local Infrastructure building, Its an integral part of ouir country and does not have any link with china, and has nothing to do over that region, If china was sweating for some peace talk, it would not have provoked india time by time, by building roads to Pakistan,Dams on their side of brahmaputra, Sending soldiers to write china inside our terroritory..... And ofcourse stapled visas.....

I think the fact that Construction was stopped when the Chinese made an Objection is show of commitment by India to The peace talks.

I am sure that India can survive without committing stupid provocation like building road into Chinese territory...

china doesnt want peace with India....it has itself done every possible thing to improve infrastructure on its own side.... at that time it didnt see the area as disputed......or did it..????

secondly it continues to build roads and dams in Kashmir... Does anyone on this forum has the gut to say that this step by the chinese is a step to maintain peace with India..????

I want India to go ahead full stream with all their development projects that are in territories within their boundries.....

Chinese are trying to act clever.... they are building infrastructure on their side to the best possible level... and not allowing India to do so.... so in case finally they dont think dispute going in thier favour if they ever decide to attack India.... India will be in disadvantage because of poor infrastructure on their side.... the chinese are playing a game with India.... improving their military strenths
in the area but the same time dont want India to do it....!!!!!!!!
WOW... gr8....amazing.....

(i mean they only want one thing..... they will develop india should not.....and anything other than that is like provocation....they dont even want to have a truce wherein both dont develop in those areas....no they want to have total advantage....)

India should make it very clear if u develop areas under ur control near the border so will we...it cant be one sided... and if chinese think they will attack india in that case so be it.... its enough of non sense of chinese.... India should take a firm stand....let their be a fight if the chinese are so eager to have one.......if this is what will satisfy them than India should give them one....... so that it silences these foolish chinese interferences in indian matter forever......

mind it i am not saying India should attach China...NO....
India should just develop its areas whichever it likes... whichever way it likes....... dont care a damm about their illogical complaints....this is an entirely logical step by India... i mean if they can develop so can we ...its as simple as that....now if they think this logical step by india as provocative and decide to attack... its than that india should teach them a lesson to remember forever.....India doesnt need to attack.... let them come....we will see to it u get a good reception here....

and if they dont attack well goood for both India-China.....it is than that it will be clear that China wants to develop good relations with India.......and that it wants progress on both sides......and i welcome that entirely.....

but their is no point in listening to their crap... that India should not develop here... or there....

they would be logical only if they themselves had not developed in their areas... and than if India developed than they could have said .. that look we respect that it is disputed so we dont develop so u should also not develop.... than i would have understood their concern......other than that its just chinese crap... and the only reason for all this is that.. china cant bear to see India develop and prosper....

Last edited:
blah blah. India crossed the de facto control line building the road. This is not a peace gesture.

china doesnt want peace with India....it has itself done every possible thing to improve infrastructure on its own side.... at that time it didnt see the area as disputed......or did it..????

secondly it continues to build roads and dams in Kashmir... Does anyone on this forum has the gut to say thta this step by the chinese is a step to maintain peace with India..????

I want India to go ahead full stream with all their development projects that are in territories within their boundries.....

Chinese are trying to act clever.... they are building infrastructure on tieir side to the best possible level... and not allowing India to do so.... so in case finally thet dont think dispute going in thier favour if they ever decide to attack India.... India will be in disadvantage because of poor infrastructure on their side.... the chinese are playing a game with India.... improving their military strenths

(i mean they only want one thing..... they will develop india should not.....and anything other than that is like provocation....they dont even want to have a truce wherein both dont develop in those areas....no they want to have total advantage....)

India should make it very clear if u develop areas under ur control near the border so will be...it cant be one sided... and if chinese think they will attack india in that case so be it.... its enough of non sense of chinese.... India should take a firm stand....let their be a fight if the chinese are so eager to have one.......if this is what will satisfy them than India should give them one....... so that it silences these foolish chinese interferences in indian matter forever......

India should just develop its areas whochever it likes... whichever way it likes....... dont care a damm about their illogical complaints..... in if they see this entirely logical step by India... i mean if they can develop so can we ...its as smile as that....now if they think this logical step by india as provocative and decide to attack... its than that india should teach them a lesson to remember forever.....India doesnt need to attack.... let them come....we will see to it u get a good reception here....

and if they dont attack well goood for both India-China.....it is than that it will be clear that China wants to develop good relations with India.......and that it wants progress on both sides......and i welcome that entirely.....

but their is no point in listening to their crap... that India should not develop here... or there....

they would be logical only if they themselves had not developed in their areas... and than if India developed than they could have said .. that look we respect that it is disputed so we dont develop so u should also not develop.... than i would have understood their concern......other than that its just chinese crap... and the only reason for all this is that.. china cant bear to see India develop and prosper....

secondly it continues to build roads and dams in Kashmir... Does anyone on this forum has the gut to say thta this step by the chinese is a step to maintain peace with India..????

Chinese are trying to act clever.... they are building infrastructure on tieir side to the best possible level... and not allowing India to do so.... so in case finally thet dont think dispute going in thier favour if they ever decide to attack India.... India will be in disadvantage because of poor infrastructure on their side.... the chinese are playing a game with India.... improving their military strenths

India should make it very clear if u develop areas under ur control near the border so will be...it cant be one sided... and if chinese think they will attack india in that case so be it.... its enough of non sense of chinese.... India should take a firm stand....let their be a fight if the chinese are so eager to have one.......if this is what will satisfy them than India should give them one....... so that it silences these foolish chinese interferences in indian matter forever......

India should just develop its areas whochever it likes... whichever way it likes....... dont care a damm about their illogical complaints..... in if they see this entirely logical step by India... i mean if they can develop so can we ...its as smile as that....now if they think this logical step by india as provocative and decide to attack... its than that india should teach them a lesson to remember forever.....India doesnt need to attack.... let them come....we will see to it u get a good reception here....

The only question you should ask your beloved GOI ;

Why India stop building the road ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

blah blah. India crossed the de facto control line building the road. This is not a peace gesture.

give me the source for what u r saying.... if that is the case i am ready to remove my post buddy... but i dont think it was the case... i think it was within Indian controlled area....that is why i have asked u for a source...

but nonetheless India should always develop whatever areas are within its boundries.....and which ever way it likes....no need to listen to chinese crap...

The only question you should ask your beloved GOI ;

Why India stop building the road ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

:taz: i hope they start to develop again..i think thats the right thing to do...they thinking of peace with China....but i think chinese govt dont understand language of peace(though commom chinese like common indians will be mostly peaceloving)...they policies are not in line with peace... yes peace will come but it will have to come on the strength of the barrel of the gun....

but i do hope India-China does live peacefully...coz common Indian-Chinese surely want love n peace.... but than it doesnt have anything to do with foreign policy.......so even though i want to see peace b/w India-China but that doesnt mean any relaxation on the front of development within India's boundries or listening to any chinese crap about interference in Indian matters....we should develop our own areas as per our own will.....
chinese have got nothing to do with it............and if chinese govt think its wrong for india to develop its own regions than they are free to attach India.... we will be a good host...

Last edited:
Why China have to urge to India?! Why Chinese have to stay so cool against India if India really make roads in disputed or Chinese territory?! Dose China afraid India?
88b0cfc2ce07710c2b7745341bff59d5.gif

India just needs to raise independence of Tibet issue most of its problems with China will get resolve in exchange.

India is following too much of principle stand.

India just needs to raise independence of Tibet issue most of its problems with China will get resolve in exchange.

India is following too much of principle stand.

Wishful thinking, reality= GOI never will able to fulfill your dream.

Sorry, i guess truth hurt ?:smitten::pakistan::china:

Back
Top Bottom