What's new

China to get S-400 from russia in 2017

Really? Could you show me any of those papers? :-)

There is a model possesses some of the distinctive features of PAC-3.

I do admit that I couldn't relocate the papers bearing the specific designation "HQ-29", but there is plenty of evidence that such a project exists. Whether the name is "HQ-29" or not doesn't matter too much.

The woman who participated in the program was named 李芸.
The first flight of the missile is documented here: http://military.china.com/important/64/20120316/17096029.html

This is her research paper on altitude-control lateral rocket thrusters: http://d.wanfangdata.com.cn/periodical/xdfyjs200706009

Video overviewing the development of a low-end terminal interceptor: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWNNApAJ5I

The lateral thrust rockets of the "HQ-29" (or HQ-XX):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

=====

In summary, I think that you and I are referring to the same system, i.e. a low-end interceptor or SAM that can target aircraft or short/medium-range ballistic missiles like the PAC-3MSE/ERINT. We only differ on the designation (if not HQ-29, then I wonder what it is called).

I do admit that I couldn't relocate the papers bearing the specific designation "HQ-29", but there is plenty of evidence that such a project exists. Whether the name is "HQ-29" or not doesn't matter too much.

The woman who participated in the program was named 李芸.
The first flight of the missile is documented here: http://military.china.com/important/64/20120316/17096029.html

This is her research paper on altitude-control lateral rocket thrusters: http://d.wanfangdata.com.cn/periodical/xdfyjs200706009

Video overviewing the development of a low-end terminal interceptor: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWNNApAJ5I

The lateral thrust rockets of the "HQ-29" (or HQ-XX):

View attachment 442070
View attachment 442071
View attachment 442072

=====

In summary, I think that you and I are referring to the same system, i.e. a low-end interceptor or SAM that can target aircraft or short/medium-range ballistic missiles like the PAC-3MSE/ERINT. We only differ on the designation (if not HQ-29, then I wonder what it is called).

I suppose you are better than many of the Chinese military fans at information gathering. :-)

The new model shares some of the features with PAC-3 while they are highly different. You are half right about its designation.

I suppose you are better than many of the Chinese military fans at information gathering. :-)

Thanks, but much of the credit goes to OSINT expert Henri Kenhmann (I'm sure you are aware of his blog). :)

The new model shares some of the features with PAC-3 while they are highly different. You are half right about its designation.

So, can we safely assume that, unlike the PAC-3MSE, this new HQ-XX has an anti-aircraft role as well?

Thanks, but much of the credit goes to OSINT expert Henri Kenhmann (I'm sure you are aware of his blog). :)

So, can we safely assume that, unlike the PAC-3MSE, this new HQ-XX has an anti-aircraft role as well?

PAC-3 MSE has a non-negligible ability in anti-aircraft, and yes, the main purpose of the next-gen SAM will still be anti-aircraft.

PAC-3 MSE has a non-negligible ability in anti-aircraft, and yes, the main purpose of the next-gen SAM will still be anti-aircraft.

Thanks again for the information. It would be one of the very few SAMs that use a kinetic kill vehicle, then.

Russia’s TASS News Agency reported that Russia has started delivering its S-400 surface-to-air missile systems to China under the terms of a contract signed in 2014.

The TASS news agency cited an unnamed source in the Russian military-industrial complex as saying that Russia has begun delivering S-400 surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems to China.

“The contract was launched, the first regimental batch sent to China,” said the source.

According to the source, the batch of new S-400 includes a command post, a radar station, power and auxiliary equipment, spare parts, tools, accessories and other elements of the system.

The contract signed with China does not provide for either the transfer of technology or the licensed production of these systems.

The S-400 anti-aircraft system is designed to engage aerodynamic targets at a range of up to 400km and ballistic missiles up to 60km away. The system can use at least four interceptor missile types suited to different targets. An S-400 unit can engage up to 36 targets simultaneously.

http://defence-blog.com/army/tass-russia-begins-delivering-s-400-to-china.html

Russia’s TASS News Agency reported that Russia has started delivering its S-400 surface-to-air missile systems to China under the terms of a contract signed in 2014.

The TASS news agency cited an unnamed source in the Russian military-industrial complex as saying that Russia has begun delivering S-400 surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems to China.

“The contract was launched, the first regimental batch sent to China,” said the source.

According to the source, the batch of new S-400 includes a command post, a radar station, power and auxiliary equipment, spare parts, tools, accessories and other elements of the system.

The contract signed with China does not provide for either the transfer of technology or the licensed production of these systems.

The S-400 anti-aircraft system is designed to engage aerodynamic targets at a range of up to 400km and ballistic missiles up to 60km away. The system can use at least four interceptor missile types suited to different targets. An S-400 unit can engage up to 36 targets simultaneously.

@cirr , @Beast , @ChineseTiger1986 , @Deino are China is getting s-400 from Russiao_O i think you rejected s-400 in the past, can somebody clarify me:undecided:

S-400 based on MZKT chassis

Got a news tip for our reporters? | Found a typo? Please let us know! | Subscribe to newsletter.

More: Photos: Russia deploys more S-400 air defence missile systems to Crimea

More: Erdogan: Turkey and Russia signed document on supplies of S-400

:crazy:Oh come on ... is it really necessary to start yet another thread exactly one post above the already existing one !!! :hitwall:

Take this as a warning. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom