What's new

CHINA TO BECOME WORLD'S LARGEST CHRISTIAN NATION BY MID-CENTURY

You lived in those times?

Well I wasn't even born when Gandhi was alive and kicking, I wasn't born when Hitler was butchering Jews, hell I was born after Vietnam war (much after). What is your point? Have you met Jesus?

Well I wasn't even born when Gandhi was alive and kicking, I wasn't born when Hitler was butchering Jews, hell I was born after Vietnam war (much after). What is your point? Have you met Jesus?

Therefore, you statement that dogs were there in Pakistan would be erroneous and downright ignorant!

That is if one discounts its total misplaced juvenile exuberance!

Therefore, you statement that dogs were there in Pakistan would be erroneous and downright ignorant!

That is if one discounts its total misplaced juvenile exuberance!
Religion is for humans.... a man living without any laws or moral is no better thn a dog.
Original Post By Pakistani Nationalist
You think people need religion for all that? Pakistan was inhabited by dogs before Islam (or for that matter any religion) came there?

So it's not history but comprehension that is causing problem here.

that may lead them to a western democracy.

And become a theocratic Christian nation? No thanks. That’s could risk another wave of Crusades and Inquisitions in the guise of economic and/or faith based cultural expansion backed by military actions.

Many Emperors in China had subscribed to religions and faiths of their own choosing but never imposed it on the people. Most past Emperors were either Buddhists or Taoists, Mongol Emperors were Muslims and Tibetan Buddhists, Manchurian Emperors subscribed to Lamaism from Tibet. The saving grace in China when it came to religions was the fact that there was no centralized religious figure, in the form of a person or governing entity such as the Pope and Vatican. No religious organizations propagated outside of a regional sphere of influence other than some popular temples and highly revered monks in particular areas.

No records of any Buddhist or Taoist armies carrying out government sponsored military campaigns are present in Chinese history against other faiths or the populace until the 19th century. The first purely faith driven and organized military campaign took place in China during the 1840’s by the armies of the Kingdom of Heavenly Peace led by a Chinese Christian convert. That was the first time a large organized effort to build a new dynasty in the name of religion in China. The irony was its leader, Hong Siu-Chuan, could only address himself as the Brother of Jesus but not the Son of God with his imperial ambitions because you guessed it, he was not a white man.

So as far as a western democracy model goes, it’s not a fit for China. Democracy is not a teabag that you just add hot water and stir. It can not be parachuted down with instant transformation made successfully over night. Look at the Philippines, they pretty much copied verbatim what the USA system was and it’s still not a working democracy; the one in India is still morphing and will be morphing for a long time.

In 1776, when the USA Constitution was written based on the principles of For, Of and By the People; Native Americans, African slaves, Cajuns, Creoles and others were not considered as part of the People, or people period, so was it really a democracy? It took a long time and many changes to get it to the present state. 60 years after the founding of the USA, was it the second largest economy in the World then as the PRC is today? No, nowhere near that, and what was considered as the American People in 1836 still did not include Native Americans and African Americans, they were simply regarded as uncivilized savages that needed to be pacified and beasts of burden providing cheap labor. As a matter of fact, until the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960's, the USA still denied the right to vote and other basic rights to its largest minority group in practice, and that's nearly 200 years afterwards.

China may not have the so called glitter and glamour of a Western Democracy but it has continued to open up and made unprecedented progress while moving forward. The China of 60 years, 30 years ago was vastly different than it is now, and 30 years, 60 years from now it will be vastly different still. It is certain that the evangelical and proselytizing posturing from the West, stemming from whatever motivations will continue on but China needs to be steadfast in her transformation without unnecessary haste.

and the most childish post i have come across..

do you seriously think you are one smart arse in this entire universe, and all others who believe are dumbs??

I believe those who think non-religious folks are akin to dogs need to be locked up for greater good.

Ten thousand Chinese become Christians each day,...

LOL!

Aren't so many anti-China fanatics accusing China "godless"?

Apparently, it is those fanatics who are truly godless, regardless whatever god(s) they claim they believe...

Christianity is the single most unpleasant religion in China. No one else is bent on converting others except Christians. ...

Not sure what you meant.

The reality is that many religions adopt the procedure of conversion. Judaism, Christianity, Muslim,... all do that. Religious conversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, in history Buddhism also adopted conversion.

Conversion can be peaceful and forceful.

According to S.P. Huntington, missionary by mono-theism causes more conflict than otherwise. He concluded that is partly why the conflict between Christianity and Muslim is the most severe one.

I've seen no evidence of this increase though. I seriously think this news is BS.

You remind me of seeing people say that some 16% people of the world are homosexual. Somebody even claims that people are born homosexual. :lol:

If you study the claimers, you’ll find they are homo themselves.

China will become Christian as Europe will become Muslim :lol:

I don't hate Christians but damn ! I fucki*g hate those missionaries that will knock on your door,criticize your religion (whatever it is) and will preach to you "Jesus is lord-the saviour"..and I am like FUCKKKK OFFFFF !!!!!!

I live around in a grad complex. lots of chinese, saudis, indians, basically everybody from all over the world here to pay large money to get an education from canada.

what i've seen over the years...

most new christian converts are chinese

chinese will celebrate christmass

in north america we celebrate a festival call halloween...kids and some grown up dress up as monsters, superheroes, whatever fit their fancy and go knocking on neighborhoods doors for candies.

anyways all the muslims kids stay home, every chinese kids is out celebrating the "westerns" hollidays...funny thing is that all chinese parents take thier kids go out to get candies...after giving out candies I take my kids out so their can get their treats and not one chinese house give out candies... hahahhaha cheap as f ^&&. every year my lady and I joke that we might find one chinese household giving out candies.

even with hollidays like christmass, their always events and festival going on and chinese students and their family will attend while almost everybody else from other parts of the world stay away

I live around in a grad complex. lots of chinese, saudis, indians, basically everybody from all over the world here to pay large money to get an education from canada.

in north america we celebrate a festival call halloween...kids and some grown up dress up as monsters, superheroes, whatever fit their fancy and go knocking on neighborhoods doors for candies.

anyways all the muslims kids stay home, every chinese kids is out celebrating the "westerns" hollidays...funny thing is that all chinese parents take thier kids go out to get candies...after giving out candies I take my kids out so their can get their treats and not one chinese house give out candies... hahahhaha cheap as f ^&&. every year my lady and I joke that we might find one chinese household giving out candies.

even with hollidays like christmass, their always events and festival going on and chinese students and their family will attend while almost everybody else from other parts of the world stay away

celebrating x-mas and halloween is not the same as being christian bro.

and i guess those dumbass fobs convert because:
1. they need the support of some social group.
2. they don't know anything about theology and haven't read the piece of crap that is the bible.

stereotype much???? I'm not even Cristian and i remember my brother gave away a whole block of Cadbury chocolate because we are caught by surprise by some kid .........some1 actually celebrate halloween here in Australia. Luckily that was the only incident. Note to self....stock up candies during Halloween season

Back
Top Bottom