What's new

China replaces Britain in world's top five arms exporters: report

I agree but that where does that other 45% go? Africa mostly, but whatever way you cut it, China is a major arms supplier and it is only going to do more buisness in the future.
Syria and Iran sprung to mind

.egypt bought a **** of load of k-8 trainers and UAVs
.UAE bought 17 amphibious planes a year or two ago, big contract
.venezuela bought twenty something of k8 and some transport planes
.many y12 sold south american countries and afrika
.indonesia bought a lot of rockets and anti ship missiles
.thailand..

Really depend on which country China sell their weapon to and the condition of weapon.

Of course one can mask the true capability of thier own weapon and still keep secret of their own. However, you always need to consider why people want to buy your weapon in the first place. If you change to much and put too many off the shelve technology or using a whole foreign parts to put it to the watered down version of Chinese weapon. You may hurt business.

When one build a weapon, you build with indigenous technology in mind, you will enconunter competibility issue when you put a foreign parts on what it supposed to be an indigenous technology. That the dilenma Chinese facing when they try to push their weapon on international market.

It is not a dilemma.
Most of our primary development of weaponry are for our own use and when these are successful we will advance to the next level and if opportunities permit, we will do business in export as simple as that.
Some of our sales are frustrated because of political issues more than quality per se!

.egypt bought a **** of load of k-8 trainers and UAVs
.UAE bought 17 amphibious planes a year or two ago, big contract
.venezuela bought twenty something of k8 and some transport planes
.many y12 sold south american countries and afrika
.indonesia bought a lot of rockets and anti ship missiles
.thailand..

How about Indonesia, Malaysia. Doesn't Malaysia use Chinese weapons? Am I wrong?

Probably China would take the 3rd spot in the next 5 years period. Russia and USA dominates the market, but there are issues about that.

I saw some comments that China sells their weapon not because their weapons are highly qualified but because of their political power. Now which country doesn't do it? With the same logic the USA sphere influence can't buy (and there are examples of it) Chinese or Russian weapons which actually decrease their market share. The weapon quality is not the only criteria for the arms sales but also the cost/quality ratio and the political issues are two major aspects.

Second, China is a major customer of Russia in defence industry. As China becomes more self-sufficient day by day Russia will be losing a major customer. This leads that even maybe China can take the second spot in the arms sales list in the visible future like 10 years or so.

How about Indonesia, Malaysia. Doesn't Malaysia use Chinese weapons? Am I wrong?

Rejimen Artileri Diraja (Royal Artillery Regiment) is the artillery corps of the Malaysian Army and provides artillery support and local air defense for army units. The regiment is equipped with 36 Brazilian-made Astros II multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) and 28 G5 MkIII towed artillery guns from South Africa. Air defense is provided using a mix of Swiss Oerlikon twin 35 mm and Swedish Bofors 40 mm anti-aircraft artillery and missile systems such as the Jernas and Starburst from the UK, Anza from Pakistan, FN-6 from China and Igla from Russia.

Lot of credit goes to the strong manufacturing base the country has developed

Pakistan will remain China's number one customer. Keep it coming our Chinese Friends.:china::pakistan:

I foresee China to be number one Defense Supplier in next 10 years. We will do everything possible to help China get there fast.

As Pakistan's Economy improves, we will buy more and more of Chinese Weaponry.

Back
Top Bottom