What's new

China protests citizen's rape in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hu Songshan

Seems like even you don't want to act maturely and use this word. Better close this thread.

My apologizes if I offended you if you believed I generalized which I did not. I have given you my take on this issue and provided a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krait I understand how it feels but just think how does a rape victim and brother or father of a rape victim feels.

Let us not hide behind stats even if a single rape happens within our boundaries it is a matter of shame every tourist who come to India needs this protection and we should not any offender get away
Kill the bastards and hang them in public places.No mercy whatsoever.
So if we are criticised lets take it and try to reform our society rather than trying to justify or deflect the blame.
Did I say otherwise. I am practical person. I know what works what doesn't. Before Delhi Rape, did you ever bothered to think about it Media wasn't that loud abou rapes before Delhi Rape.

I have been associated with an NGO which is working for women, ensuring safety of girls before Delhi Rape happened.
I helped my friend to organize a protest march too.

What I post here is general outlook and summary of the root of the problem.

In real world, I am pragmatic and rational. I know that I have to do something rather than just talking about it and doing nothing.

My apologizes if I offended you if you believed I generalized which I did not. I have given you my take on this issue and provided a solution.
No apology buddy. I am just saying that yeah, we have problem and these cases of foreigners also attacked is shameful.

My simple point is, discuss the problem, but please don't allow other posters to indulge in point scoring.

Again, no hard feelings. I can understand your anger. I am equally angry.

how many Chinese women raped in India? and how many raped in USA, Canada? or being raped in the land of opportunities does not matter to Chinese females or to ccp or to Chinese daily or to Xinhua?

Chinese killed and raped in USA more than any other country:

Chinese killed and raped in USA more than any other country - China & World - Chinadaily Forum

I cannot do anything for USA, Canada. As for India, I am telling the Chinese Govt. should stop issuing Visa to Chinese females to India. I wonder why the ccp is not doing it? Is China not concerned about the safety of their women in India. :woot:

We are speaking of a Chinese women Raped in Delhi not the US or Canada in fact they refrained from going there for some time same with this that was my take on it no need to get angry over it.

China has issued protests to that and it will do the same here, ultimately it is up to them where they decide to go or not, your attempt to blame the victim does not go well.

Idiot, India has a population of 1.2 billion. :hitwall:

I again repeat, there are more than Twice times more rapes in South Africa which has population just 50 million.

When comparison is made, Rape per capita is taken into account, not total number of rapes.

You might only look at rape per capita, but i also look at the total amount which shows me a number that gives me an idea of how bad the situation is and not just the figure 1.8.

No apology buddy. I am just saying that yeah, we have problem and these cases of foreigners also attacked is shameful.

My simple point is, discuss the problem, but please don't allow other posters to indulge in point scoring.

I believe this thread has been discussed as far as it can Btw I will request it to be closed.

Shameful that our guest had to suffer. I hope she is OK and recovers fully and the moron is punished severely.

BTW whats there for China to protest here? Crime happens and tourists are often targetted. This happens across the world including in China. Last year a chinese tourist was shot dead in pakistan. Its not like the indian govt targetted this girl. A cheap shot indeed.

Heck only today in China a british tourist had this throat slit. It cheap to play politics with such tragedies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-142045/Briton-dead-Great-Wall-China.html#axzz2KLqnPlvJ

Did I say otherwise. I am practical person. I know what works what doesn't. Before Delhi Rape, did you ever bothered to think about it Media wasn't that loud abou rapes before Delhi Rape.

I have been associated with an NGO which is working for women, ensuring safety of girls before Delhi Rape happened.
I helped my friend to organize a protest march too.

What I post here is general outlook and summary of the root of the problem.

In real world, I am pragmatic and rational. I know that I have to do something rather than just talking about it and doing nothing.

As a jr thinktank you should be able to counter any arguement
as member of ngo you should keep this thread open not brush under the carpet
as for closing thread due to members generalise india then all thread in PDF should be closed dont you think?

As a jr thinktank you should be able to counter any arguement
as member of ngo you should keep this thread open not brush under the carpet
as for closing thread due to members generalise india then all thread in PDF should be closed dont you think?
This may be 10th or 15th thread I have tried to explain everything. I even asked Mods to make it a sticky. I can post same stuff all over again if you want. But what's the point of writing rationally for 15 minutes and it gets hidden in troll posts. I have been talking on this issue since Delhi Rape.

I don't brush the things under carpet but I don't like to discuss and watch people scoring cheap points. I am very much interested in discussion of this crime. But think about hundreds of pathetic posts we have to go through.

Pakistanis target us, BD, Chinese, Sri Lankans, All target us. I can take on everyone but what's the point of repeating same thing over and over again.

If you want a good discussion, ask Mods to transfer it to Chinese section so that Hu Songshan can moderate it to keep the thread on track.

I appreciate many Chinese posters behaved way better than other posters.

the u.s. state department has issued a travel warning to india warning women not to travel because of the imminent threat of rape. china should also issue a similar travle advisory

U.S. citizens, particularly women, are cautioned not to travel alone in India. Western women continue to report incidents of verbal and physical harassment by groups of men. Known locally as “Eve-teasing,” these incidentsconstitute sexual harassment andcan be quite frightening. Eve-teasing can occur anytime or anywhere, but most frequently has happened in crowded areas such as in market places, train stations, buses, and public streets. The harassment can range from sexually suggestive or lewd comments to catcalls to outright groping. Southern India is very distinct from the other major cities and has a strong reputation for being very traditional. If you are a woman traveling in India, you are advised to respect local dress and customs. While India is generally safe for foreign visitors, according to the latest figures by Indian authorities, rape is the fastest growing crime in India. Among large cities, Delhi experienced the highest number of crimes against women. Although most victims have been local residents, recent sexual attacks against female visitors in tourist areas underline the fact that foreign women are at risk and should exercise vigilance.

Women should observe stringent security precautions, including avoiding use of public transport after dark without the company of known and trustworthy companions, restricting evening entertainment to well-known venues, and avoiding isolated areas when alone at any time of day. If you are a woman traveling in India, you are advised to respect conservative local dress and customs. Keep your hotel room number confidential and make sure hotel room doors have chains, deadlocks, and spy-holes. In addition, only hire reliable cars and drivers and avoid traveling alone in hired taxis, especially at night. Use taxis from hotels and pre-paid taxis at airports rather than hailing them on the street. If you encounter threatening situations, call “100” for police assistance(“112” from mobile phones).

India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom