What's new

China permits Indian basmati rice imports

JAT BALWAN

Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: China has for the first time allowed imports of basmati rice from India. Welcoming the decision, embassy officials, however, said it would be a tough task for Indian traders to penetrate into Chinese market dominated by Thai varieties and to some extent Pakistani aromatic rice. Indian ambassador to China S Jaishankar said, "It is a very positive move by China." "We are in touch with basmati producers back home to see how to take this forward," he told PTI reacting to China formally granting permission for Indian exports of basmati rice. The Indian embassy plans to conduct a publicity campaign to push basmati rice into the Chinese markets.

The diplomats here regard it as a diplomatic success considering that Beijing was found dithering ever since New Delhi formally sought an opening for India's top rice in 2006.

The approval came after passing through testing procedures of the Chinese official bodies.

China permits Indian basmati rice imports - The Times of India

Good gesture by China....:tup:

poor indian can't even feed yourselves,why export your rice?

dude troll any where else...

I think you knows sh!t about agricultural trade...

Now China will be flooded with cheap imports and Chinese Farmers will lose their jobs.

Please show us a single useful post in your 3074 posts....

Guys please don`t reply trolls ....

this is first time China has permitted Indian basmati rice import....

Guys please don`t reply trolls ....

this is first time China has permitted Indian basmati rice import....

I hope it will also be the last time.

Indians often protest when their country import stuff from China so how do you expect others to accept Indian imports ?

Congrats china .. Have a nice biriyaani ..you will love it

Congrats china .. Have a nice biriyaani ..you will love it

China accepts Indian imports with a warm welcome while Indians protest Chinese imports !!!

So much lie about "Chini Hindi Bhai Bhai" !!!

Price of Indian Basmati in China -----------------------USD 7 per Kg.

Hafizz flying off his handle on hearing about the deal----Priceless

:rofl:

Arre... don't tell them the price so soon :P

Let them rant a bit about how the Chinese farmers will lose jobs due to the CHEAP price of Basmati.

China accepts Indian imports with a warm welcome while Indians protest Chinese imports !!!

There is nothing about Hindi Chini bhai bhai..... pure business it`s called ...

nothing too emotional about it... by the way it`s Chinese govt. decision so you & me cant do any thing about it... no?

Dude, please, Shut up.

You are not making any point here but trying to derail the thread with your presumptions. Do you even know the amount of trade between the two countries? And yes, while you are GOOGLING the data, also check which country dominates this.

Its a good news. I hope Chinese don't re-export the same rice to India with FM radio and camera.

Price of Indian Basmati in China -----------------------USD 7 per Kg.

Hafizz flying off his handle on hearing about the deal----Priceless

:rofl:

LOl, you indian really know how to price yourselves out of business. US$7.00 will get me ~5kg of thai fragrant rice or ~2.5kg of pakistani bamasti rice here in Singapore.

BTW, the chinese would prefer their sticky rices first for their daily meals. Next, come close will be the thai rice which is more suitable to be used for fried rice and porridge. And on briyani part, not even 0.01% of their population have any actual taste with it. I seriously doubt that the indian bamasti rice is going to be sell big in China, especially with this sort of ridiculous pricing!

Last but not lest, as i am a chinese singaprean, i know both the PRC chinese taste bugs and how their manage their pocket. And I bet this export is going fail miserably due to own greed and hindsight of chinese food culture.

Back
Top Bottom