What's new

China, Pakistan to deploy warships to safeguard Balochistan port

Presence of IN Sub may have triggered this.
Its not the first sub to intrude, nor it will be the last. subs perform such missions on routine. Had Indians used German subs, they could have done such mission with relative ease.

I am more interested in the message it sends to the US, back in 2001 it bullied Pakistan into doing it's bidding but now if US wants anything from Pakistan, mere threats wont cut it. US influence on Pakistan and it's foreign policy is going to hit rock bottom soon and with Russia edging towards Pakistan, Pakistan may enjoy a stronger International diplomatic support.

It was expected. The commercial aspects of Gwadar are just a small part of the picture.
Personally, I feel Chinese influence would be great for Pakistan . Hoping for some strong cultural influence too.:yahoo::devil:

But why at Gawadar port? Gawadar is a commercial port, better position those ships at Jiwani or Ormara bases.
I am damn sure they will mostly patrol out eastern ports ( if u know what i mean ).

Not a good idea Pakistan should done it them self. by taking responsibility of securing this daunting task PN image would enhance its prestige new label . if China things PN is not well equipped to both securing it sea boarder along with securing CPEC China should lease some modern frigate destroyer to PN until PN bought enough Ships .
They want to show their presence in that region ( obviously to uncle sam) .

Last edited:
I amdamn sure they will mostly patrol oureastern ports ( if u know what i mean ).

They want to shpw their presence in that region ( obviously to uncle sam) .
No, actually, no need for us show uncle sam.
They cost huge of their tax payer's money keep the sea line safe, what a good bussiness.
Now if we station navy there, actually it will save a Hell lot of money for Mr trump.:coffee:
Main reason,To secure the safety of cpec

Last edited:
Not if both ormara karachi and gwadar are operational. More than type 054A, im interested to see if PN goes for the type 057 that was supposedly offered. If true that would be a legitimate beast in the Indian ocean (From mockup it has 48VLS Cells, 8 AShM, 8 cell FL-3000N CIWS, AND a type 730 CIWS, with what looks to be a solid state AESA radar on the conning tower, and looks to be in the 4-5000t category)

Model of it on display at ideas 2016 next to what looks to be s20?
http://m.imgur.com/vLSoNWc?r

Seriously can't wait to see these ships in Pakistan Navy....

if china deploy our navy in gwadar port, wish the final configuration will be 1*052d+2*054A+4*056 +1 squad of navy air force combined with J11 and H6K+ submarine force
hahahahaha....Is there anything left, buddy....??? :pakistan::china:

Its not the first sub to intrude, nor it will be the last. subs perform such missions on routine. Had Indians used German subs, they could have done such mission with relative ease.

It was U-209 German made sub, don't underestimate PN ASW capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom