What's new

China Outer Space Science, Technology and Explorations: News & Updates

Enjoy, the Launch.
But even if it's a failure... But at the End... it's quite Beautiful.

From Internet chatter, it seems that the cryogenic second-stage YF-75D engines prematurely shut down, leading to a late separation of the second stage from the first and the eventual inability to reach the designated orbit.

Interestingly, a similar incident occurred during the maiden launch of the LM-5 in November 2016, in which the (supposed) second stage put the YZ-2 third stage and its payload on an incorrect orbit that was later rectified using the YZ-2. These two anomalies could be related and warrant further investigation.

Better now than during the upcoming Chang'e-5 launch.

Failures are pillars of success. If one does not fail at all, it means there is something wrong. So my good wishes to the Chinese and better luck next time.

Failures are pillars of success. If one does not fail at all, it means there is something wrong. So my good wishes to the Chinese and better luck next time.
Good point. This is CZ-5 second launch. It's good thing to reveal its problem at beginning. CZ-5 will be used for more important missions when it gets more reliable and mature.

We need a thorough investigation into these failures, including possible foreign interference. If we find out foreign interference from a lovely friend, rest assure we will retaliate.

I have never commented on any Indian rocket failures.
This hater has a grudge. He/she created a new ID to instigate.

But people do. Many chinese people, on every failure or embarassing situation of India. In fact, some people in the Central Asia section exist only to post negative posts about India there.

Bro, why the hatred man. I would never wish any Indian mission to fail. Competition is good after all. The fact remains, it failed, we need to inspect and reestablish our old launch reliability rates.

The past 5 years, China had been moving too fast in space. Our human resources are overstretched. All this problems began after the new launch center in Wenchang was established and the launch frequency exploded to 25-30 launches a year. That's easily 3-4 times Indian launch frequency.

The technology involved is also very advanced. I don't want to make a comparison, but you know what i mean.

I don't think for China's size and overall strength, China has been moving fast.

And China had 22 launches in 2016, 19 in 2015, 16 in 2014. So China never had more than 22 launches.

Also, if technology involved is very advanced, US has had 13 launches on equal or superior technology with zero failures this year.

I have been following space activities since 2012, so I know. China had a very successful image, because China's success rate was higher than even US or Russia.

But you will have to accept that in the past couple of years, something has happened, and there are too many failures, on even established systems. Just this year, you have already had 2 complete failures.

Also, LM 5 has actually been delayed for many years. So it has NOT been rushed.

From Internet chatter, it seems that the cryogenic second-stage YF-75D engines prematurely shut down, leading to a late separation of the second stage from the first and the eventual inability to reach the designated orbit.

Interestingly, a similar incident occurred during the maiden launch of the LM-5 in November 2016, in which the (supposed) second stage put the YZ-2 third stage and its payload on an incorrect orbit that was later rectified using the YZ-2. These two anomalies could be related and warrant further investigation.

Better now than during the upcoming Chang'e-5 launch.

Wow, I always thought that LM5 maiden launch was successful. Even Wikipedia marks it as successful.

According to me, that is what comes under the definition of partial failure.

Who knows than how many small failures we have had in all other occasions.

But people do. Many chinese people, on every failure or embarassing situation of India. In fact, some people in the Central Asia section exist only to post negative posts about India there.

I don't think for China's size and overall strength, China has been moving fast.

And China had 22 launches in 2016, 19 in 2015, 16 in 2014. So China never had more than 22 launches.

Also, if technology involved is very advanced, US has had 13 launches on equal or superior technology with zero failures this year.

I have been following space activities since 2012, so I know. China had a very successful image, because China's success rate was higher than even US or Russia.

But you will have to accept that in the past couple of years, something has happened, and there are too many failures, on even established systems. Just this year, you have already had 2 complete failures.

Also, LM 5 has actually been delayed for many years. So it has NOT been rushed.

Wow, I always thought that LM5 maiden launch was successful. Even Wikipedia marks it as successful.

According to me, that is what comes under the definition of partial failure.

Who knows than how many small failures we have had in all other occasions.

The maiden flight was successful since it delivered its payload into the designated orbit without a payload compromise. What happened was that the third stage had to correct the orbit of the payload following a less-than-perfect insertion by the second stage.

We need a thorough investigation into these failures, including possible foreign interference. If we find out foreign interference from a lovely friend, rest assure we will retaliate.

Wow, if a country is actually able to interfere, then I would say that it is your mistake.

Imagine if a hostile country could just interfere with your ICBMs and Missiles.

Its characterised as partial failure on every parameter.
U can manipulate it as u like.

Nope, because the third stage did what it was supposed to do and the final satellite was compromised in neither orbit nor lifespan. What happens between the launch and final orbital insertion is the duty of the three stages, and frankly that has no effect on the final orbit and status of the satellite (which was placed into the correct GEO orbit without having to expend its fuel).

Wow, if a country is actually able to interfere, then I would say that it is your mistake.

Imagine if a hostile country could just interfere with your ICBMs and Missiles.
Apple and orange. Missiles can be launch hundred of times and one failure means nothing. But a rocket of this magnitude can only be launch maybe 1 time every 12 months.

Not even that actually. China doesn't have the ability to right now mass produce 12 LM 5 in a year.

But ICBMs are pretty much like orbital rockets, and their guidance systems etc are very similar. So, if you can doubt foreign interference in rocket launches, than you must also doubt if some other country can just sabotage your ICBM, and IRBM.

Exactly, and that is what I am reminding my Chinese friends, @rott @Han Patriot @kankan326

Chinese members routinely take advantage of every Indian failure or shortcoming. So while I don't approve of the language used by @hater here, and all other trolling, I can understand why some Indian members would do the same.

I can understand when few Chinese brags about Indian failures , but we can also do the same when Chinese systems fails (theoretically). But what about those few other losers from Pakistan, who does not have anything still set their back on fire to show India bad!!! Funny! :crazy:

In any business ppl want reliability esp in expensive items.
Chinese goods are of 2 categories ..
1.. foreign brands made or assembled in china . The MNCs mostly ensure quality.though i have seen the chinese screw even these up.
2. Chinese brands which have high chinese IQ (108) used in making them.
Like this rocket.
Everyone can see the results.

The record of numerous rockets are not so bad. The often mentioned success rate to be considered good is a 95% success rate, so at least a ratio of 19 out of 20 launches.

From what I can gather on short notice:

Long March 2C: 40 out of 41
Long March 2D: 31 out of 32
Long March 2F: 13 out of 13
Long March 3B: 37 out of 40 (under 95%)
Long March 3C: 15 out of 15
Long March 4B: 28 out of 29
Long March 5: 1 out of 2 (under 95%)
Long March 7: 2 out of 2

Overall, its pretty good score across the board.

Not even that actually. China doesn't have the ability to right now mass produce 12 LM 5 in a year.

But ICBMs are pretty much like orbital rockets, and their guidance systems etc are very similar. So, if you can doubt foreign interference in rocket launches, than you must also doubt if some other country can just sabotage your ICBM, and IRBM.
You are comparing different class of weight and sophistication here. While the process of lifting an object to space is the same for ICBM and orbital rocket launch, the detail to hit target is very different. And like I said, we have hundred if not thousand of ICBMs that can be launch immediately in 1 day. But for this particular rocket heavy weight, we can only have 1 launch for 12 months. That's why it's much easier to sabotage through various meant including possible hacking. Like I said, all investigations must be carefully observe. This launch is important to leapfrog us into the next stage of communication.

Back
Top Bottom