What's new

China orders 224 D-30KP2 from NPO Saturn

The AL-31 deal link?
It is from a Chinese site. The news itself is a bit confusing since it mentioned that the deal involves 100 AL-31 and 100 D-30. Now we have 224-D30 deal. I wonder about the credibility of that news. Nevertheless, it doesn't surprise me if Chinese encounter setbacks in engine development. To me, it is OK to sacrifice the copied version for the pursuit of indigenous one.

Easy man, why compare with India?

I only remarked here, because reading PDF Chinese, it would appear as if China is just about to overtake even the west in engine development, when the reality is totally different. You are still reliant on Russians for engines, for at least 5-10 years.
Nevermind him. Folks who get highs from other folks' hard work are often lightheaded.

Just another day when chinese losers on the forum got a slap on their faces. I hope the rambling in threads about chinese expertise in jet engines can be put to rest for sometime ! :lol:

Easy man, why compare with India?

I only remarked here, because reading PDF Chinese, it would appear as if China is just about to overtake even the west in engine development, when the reality is totally different. You are still reliant on Russians for engines, for at least 5-10 years.
true, the last tough nut yet to be cracked by China.

I don't see anything wrong with the new contract.

100 AL-31 - If all these are used for new J11/J15/J16 etc, assuming each jet get a spare engine, that is only enough engines for about 33 new jets. However, bear in mind the early batches of SU27, SU-30MKK/MK2, and J11A still in services need to replace their engines after decades of flying, 100 engines can only be used for 50 of these aircraft which is on the low side, consider current inventory.

100 D30 would be used for new Y20 (early batches), new H6K etc, as well as spares, and as replacements for older IL-76 and H6.

As I see it, be patience with new domestic engine development. It is just a matter of time. Meanwhile new and old aircraft need to fly uninterrupted.

Just another day when chinese losers on the forum got a slap on their faces. I hope the rambling in threads about chinese expertise in jet engines can be put to rest for sometime ! :lol:

It must be hard for idiots like @Beast etc. to bear that China is importing engines again. Lol, where is the indigenuous expertise @Beast ?

I don't see anything wrong with the new contract.

100 AL-31 - If all these are used for new J11/J15/J16 etc, assuming each jet get a spare engine, that is only enough engines for about 33 new jets. However, bear in mind the early batches of SU27, SU-30MKK/MK2, and J11A still in services need to replace their engines after decades of flying, 100 engines can only be used for 50 of these aircraft which is on the low side,

100 D30 would be used for new Y20 (early batches), new H6K etc, as well as spares, and as replacements for older IL-76 and H6.

As I see it, be patience with new domestic engine development. It is just a matter of time. Meanwhile new and old aircraft need to fly uninterrupted.

The point is the hype. I have been hearing, since the time I have been on PDF, how Chinese have cracked the nut of the engine, and soon it will be mass produced, etc. etc. etc.

Wait a minute,instead of worry the Chinese engine industry,you Indians maybe should concern more anout youe position on the world hungry index.

It must be hard for idiots like @Beast etc. to bear that China is importing engines again. Lol, where is the indigenuous expertise @Beast ?

The point is the hype. I have been hearing, since the time I have been on PDF, how Chinese have cracked the nut of the engine, and soon it will be mass produced, etc. etc. etc.
Lol, of course we still can't build jet engines as you Indians build the slums.

I think both countries (China and India) have plenty of folks with wishful thinking, who like to boast their own country's achievements and get laughed at when their countrymen don't deliver as they expect.

Last edited:
A lot of those D30's will be used on H6K's as well, which will not be equipped with the WS-20. Keep in mind that the WS-20 only started flight tests maybe 1-2 years ago, it'll be at least another 3-4 years before it can enter service. The PLA won't stop building Y-20s or H6Ks during that time.

China purchase of the D30-KP2 if it is true is NOT unexpected. I wonder why China did not opt for the PS-90A-76 turbofan instead. Maybe Russia price for these new engines are much too high hence or the delivery date is not acceptable.

55pic_s.jpg

1. WS-20 although is in its advanced and final development stage and maybe in LRIP will takes a while to be fully mass produced to satisfy the requirement of China Air Force demand right now.

2. China has immediate need for Y20 class of transporters for her rapid deployment Force after Russia failed to fulfill her orders in the face of threat from the USA.

3. The WS-10 turbofan is already quite mature and reliable and the rate of production are quite steady today to be supplied for Shenyang J11 variants. It appears that China has decide to give priority of these engine to J11 over the J10. Hence the J-10 will be continue IMO to use refurbished AL-31FN engine from Xian. (Look at those AL-31FN engine installed on the new J-10B or J-10C, they are NOT new) So just ignore those unfound and unwarrant comments from the detractors and trolls in here.

Guys !!! This topic is on China's latest purchase of engines - esp. D30KP-2 - ... there's no reason, not a single one to bring again India, the Kaveri or any other penis-length-contest-like issues to this !

STOP immediately ... thread will be cleaned from all that rubbish.

Deino

Last edited:
I have got so many negative ratings from chinese, I don't give a damn worth a monkey's *** anymore !

Then I ask You simply to reconsider Your way of posting here !

BY the way this thread again is a prime example for what's IMO tragically so common in these forums:

On the one side we have posters like You that make a lot of fun from such deals, immediately see them as proof for their blind hate on anything from China, since all they want is to tear everything down in the mud: In the opinion - one could even say believe - China has so far achieved NOTHING; they are blind to see and ignore all success simply on behalf of their bias.

In return there are a certain group of pure China-fan-boys: In their opinion China has mastered EVERYTHING, in their opinion China is way ahead of Europe, Russia and equal to - in terms of engines for example - to the USA. The slightest bit of concern, hints to be careful is immediately condemned as "bias against China".

But as so often the truth lies somewhere in between both extremes.

Sad, indeed sad...

Deino

I have got so many negative ratings from chinese, I don't give a damn worth a monkey's *** anymore !
Providence,
What has happened to you? Of you have any complains with the moderation team then kindly contact us at GHQ.
P.S he is just doing his job.Respect other nationalities or else how would you feel if others will claim same about your nationals. I was literally shocked to find a complain against you.

Regards

Sire, would request you to kindly go and check the nationalities from whom I have received all my negative ratings.

Why ?? They were given due to their content, the way of posting and have nothing to do with nationality. Even more in return - just remember the comments You sent me (and I won't quote them here)?! - it seems as if You are the one who's bashing others purely on their "suspected" nationality.

Deino

@Deino

I take it that your authority is not over only those who offend you and your patriotic feeling but those who offend in general. Since you are so quick on the draw, I suggest you look at #12, #13 and #14 and take some action. Those posts are as offensive as the one you rated negative.

I shall wait for your response.

Then I ask You simply to reconsider Your way of posting here !

BY the way this thread again is a prime example for what's IMO tragically so common in these forums:

On the one side we have posters like You that make a lot of fun from such deals, immediately see them as proof for their blind hate on anything from China, since all they want is to tear everything down in the mud: In the opinion - one could even say believe - China has so far achieved NOTHING; they are blind to see and ignore all success simply on behalf of their bias.

In return there are a certain group of pure China-fan-boys: In their opinion China has mastered EVERYTHING, in their opinion China is way ahead of Europe, Russia and equal to - in terms of engines for example - to the USA. The slightest bit of concern, hints to be careful is immediately condemned as "bias against China".

But as so often the truth lies somewhere in between both extremes.

Sad, indeed sad...

Deino

A good post.

Incidentally, one of the pure China-fan-boys, one of the worst, thanked you. Ironic, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom