China offers Thailand collaboration on missiles, armoured vehicles

cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

03 November 2013

Chinese defence companies are offering Thailand partnership status on a range of military platforms on show at the Defense & Security 2013 exhibition in Bangkok.

Officials from state-owed Poly Technologies and the China National Precision Machinery Import & Export Corporation (CPMIEC) told IHS Jane's that the two companies are engaged in preliminary discussions with Thai defence authorities over potential collaboration on several land- and sea-based military systems.

These include CPMIEC's HQ-9 surface-to-air missile system - known as FD-2000 in its export configuration - which was selected in October by Turkey to meet that country's T-Loramids air defence requirement. Other equipment comprises the FL-3000N ship-based surface-to-air missile system and the FK-1000 mobile air defence system, both marketed by CPMIEC, as well as Poly Technologies' mine-resistant, ambush-protected CS-VP3 vehicle.

http://www.janes.com/article/29388/china-offers-thailand-collaboration-on-missiles-armoured-vehicles

It would be a good opportunity for Thailand to build a defense industry and for us to get some extra dollar to invest in newer technologies.

It would be a good opportunity for Thailand to build a defense industry and for us to get some extra dollar to invest in newer technologies.
The dollar is very evil, i hope it's soon replaced as the americans have the right to print as much they want

You are stupid if you cooperate with the Siamese. They will pass all things to Uncle Sam. Anyway why should I care?

You are stupid if you cooperate with the Siamese. They will pass all things to Uncle Sam. Anyway why should I care?

I'm not a fan of Thailand as the only prosperous industry they have is sex tourism.

but yes, Thailand will probably give to uncle Sam.

FK-1000 mobile air defence system:
2835d0ceb2e7aa5904e390fbe481882e.jpg

77904948.jpg

There are already foreign buyers for this system。:azn:

It's a good news for Thailand to import China weapons again. :cheers:

These include CPMIEC's HQ-9 surface-to-air missile system - known as FD-2000 in its export configuration - which was selected in October by Turkey to meet that country's T-Loramids air defence requirement. Other equipment comprises the FL-3000N ship-based surface-to-air missile system and the FK-1000 mobile air defence system, both marketed by CPMIEC, as well as Poly Technologies' mine-resistant, ambush-protected CS-VP3 vehicle.

FD-2000
14493865_058128.jpg

FL-3000
90fba60187190f19b9e303.jpg

c798677cf9.jpg

CS-VP3 :enjoy:
294_72972_d73efcad91910ed.jpg

20121109031518211.jpg

383813494.jpg

Last edited:
As long as Thailand doesn't side with US, China should export weapons to Thailand. If Thailand sends them to Uncle Sam, then China can condemn Thailand.

Siam is the old name of Thailand, so Siamese people. Map of Siam in 18 century:

Carte_royaume_de_Siam.png

so what you mean to tell us is that you still live 64 years in the past? 
As long as Thailand doesn't side with US, China should export weapons to Thailand. If Thailand sends them to Uncle Sam, then China can condemn Thailand.

Thailand is one example of a country that balances US and China very well. it doesnt ally itself with either and yet is close enough to both to buy military equipment and conduct exercises. as i have told a certain Vietnamese member here(who suggested vietnam could invade lol), Thailand is one country that cant be invaded without drawing fierce words( and more than likely, action) from both china and the US

The HJ8 has shown good qualities in Syria, so i guess the FD2000 is not bad

Back
Top Bottom