What's new

China offers its most powerful stealth aircraft to Saudi Arabia with technology transfer

Habibis have the deep pockets to buy anything they desire, and the chinese have the greatest desire to keep making tons of money.
However, the only thing that can scuttle this impending deal would be an offer from the US to provide downgraded F35s, and arm twist the Habibis into accepting it, considering US will be moving on to 6th generation planes in the near future anyway. Besides, Israeli backers in the US would be able to extort 6th generation technologies from the US, in order to let this sale go through the congress.

Well, maybe. But please correct me if I'm wrong. I think that Saudi relationship with USA is a bit tarnished right now. Specially when the one who eager to get FC-31 is Saudi's Crowned Prince. The one who was accused as the killer of a journalist.

Before that incident, US and Saudi relationship was very close. We can even see King Salman and George W Bush had a very friendly relationship in photograph. That's why Saudi got a lot of US almost "State of the Art" weapons.

But now, I think that the relationship between Saudi and US is no longer as intimated as before. Specially when the crowned prince has been accused by the west as a murderer. We can even see that this crowned prince has done a lot of thing that can loosen the relation between two countries. From some news that I read, he also has done many things that make the relation between Saudi and China closer.

So I doubt that US will offer their state of the art Jet Fighter, F-35 to Saudi. At least not in the near future, or if there is a political change in Saudi.

Well, maybe. But please correct me if I'm wrong. I think that Saudi relationship with USA is a bit tarnished right now. Specially when the one who eager to get FC-31 is Saudi's Crowned Prince. The one who was accused as the killer of a journalist.

Before that incident, US and Saudi relationship was very close. We can even see King Salman and George W Bush had a very friendly relationship in photograph. That's why Saudi got a lot of US almost "State of the Art" weapons.

But now, I think that the relationship between Saudi and US is no longer as intimated as before. Specially when the crowned prince has been accused by the west as a murderer. We can even see that this crowned prince has done a lot of thing that can loosen the relation between two countries. From some news that I read, he also has done many things that make the relation between Saudi and China closer.

So I doubt that US will offer their state of the art Jet Fighter, F-35 to Saudi. At least not in the near future, or if there is a political change in Saudi.
I don't think so.

Naturally, the closest countries to the USA are five eyes, but the most important countries to the USA are Israel, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

I don't think that the president of the USA would be stupid enough to really destroy the relationship between the USA and Saudi Arabia.

This is what PAC should have requested instead of "Project AZM".

KSA didn't ask for the F-35.. it doesn't operate single engine fighters..It did ask for the F-22 raptor way back.. So if there is some offer from China it will likely be the J-20 ..

1657396836856.png

Or might be along with the J-31.. Since the latter is a medium weight and the J-20 is a heavy weight category..

1657397200935.png

Last edited:
A genuine question.

Has China ever been this strategically involved with a foreign country not named Russia or North Korea as China is with Saudi Arabia currently?

I am talking about the economic aspect (the 2020 Saudi Arabia-China trade volume stood at 65.2 billion USD), strategic economic cooperation (Saudi Arabia exports most of China's oil imports), Belt and Road Initiative, the military aspect (has China ever exported the DF-3 and DF-21 to anyone but Saudi Arabia?), drone exports, drone factory setup, first confirmed kill using the Chinese laser air defense system "Silent Hunter", China helping setup the domestic Saudi Arabian ballistic missile program, China helping excavate uranium within KSA and now news of the FC-31. I probably forgot a lot of other stuff.

Speaking about it, article from 4 days ago in Chinese media.

Chinese, Saudi Arabian FMs vow to deepen comprehensive strategic partnership

21:05, 08-Jul-2022

China will continue to firmly support Saudi Arabia in safeguarding national sovereignty, security and stability, and oppose any acts of interference in Saudi Arabia's internal affairs, said Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday.

He made the remarks when meeting with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G20) foreign ministers' meeting held in Bali, Indonesia.

China and Saudi Arabia have, as always, firmly supported each other over issues concerning their core interests, which demonstrated the important value of the China-Saudi Arabia comprehensive strategic partnership, he said.

For his part, Faisal said Saudi Arabia remains firmly committed to the one-China policy and has always stood against any foreign interference in China's internal affairs, adding that Saudi Arabia is ready to deepen the all-dimensional cooperation with China.

Both sides agreed to elevate the cooperation between China and the Gulf Cooperation Council to a higher level, speed up the negotiation on the China-GCC free trade agreement, and enhance communication and coordination within multilateral platforms including the United Nations, the G20 and the BRICS mechanism.

(Cover: Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi. /China's Foreign Ministry)

It is a really special relationship that is not much talked about in the media. Just like how both countries would prefer it, I suspect.

KSA didn't ask for the F-35.. it doesn't operate single engine fighters..It did ask for the F-22 raptor way back.. So if there is some offer from China it will likely be the J-20 ..

View attachment 860336

Or might be along with the J-31.. Since the latter is a medium weight and the J-20 is a heavy weight category..

View attachment 860337

The US would never export the F-22 to KSA. It has never exported it to any country and KSA would not even be considered as an export destination IMO.

The F-35 is an "unfinished" product. A lot of problems with power modules effecting almost 10% of the F-35 to date, rendering them inoperable. Problems with the Block 4 updates as well.

I don't think so.

Naturally, the closest countries to the USA are five eyes, but the most important countries to the USA are Israel, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

I don't think that the president of the USA would be stupid enough to really destroy the relationship between the USA and Saudi Arabia.

If one follows news, it is quite noticeable that KSA have been moving away from the USA when it comes to key strategic areas. Instead wisely opting to go with China while still engaging/keeping ties intact with the US. I think that this development will continue.

Of course KSA signing an official peace treaty with its neighbor Israel could change a lot of things, in particularly in terms of media coverage in the US and the heavy Jewish influence within the US for the better long-term. We will have to see.

Last edited:
A genuine question.

Has China ever been this strategically involved with a foreign country not named Russia or North Korea as China is with Saudi Arabia currently?

I am talking about the economic aspect (the 2020 Saudi Arabia-China trade volume stood at 65.2 billion USD), strategic economic cooperation (Saudi Arabia exports most of China's oil imports), Belt and Road Initiative, the military aspect (has China ever exported the DF-3 and DF-21 to anyone but Saudi Arabia?), drone exports, drone factory setup, first confirmed kill using the Chinese laser air defense system "Silent Hunter", China helping setup the domestic Saudi Arabian ballistic missile program, China helping excavate uranium within KSA and now news of the FC-31. I probably forgot a lot of other stuff.

Speaking about it, article from 4 days ago in Chinese media.

Chinese, Saudi Arabian FMs vow to deepen comprehensive strategic partnership

21:05, 08-Jul-2022

China will continue to firmly support Saudi Arabia in safeguarding national sovereignty, security and stability, and oppose any acts of interference in Saudi Arabia's internal affairs, said Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday.

He made the remarks when meeting with Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G20) foreign ministers' meeting held in Bali, Indonesia.

China and Saudi Arabia have, as always, firmly supported each other over issues concerning their core interests, which demonstrated the important value of the China-Saudi Arabia comprehensive strategic partnership, he said.

For his part, Faisal said Saudi Arabia remains firmly committed to the one-China policy and has always stood against any foreign interference in China's internal affairs, adding that Saudi Arabia is ready to deepen the all-dimensional cooperation with China.

Both sides agreed to elevate the cooperation between China and the Gulf Cooperation Council to a higher level, speed up the negotiation on the China-GCC free trade agreement, and enhance communication and coordination within multilateral platforms including the United Nations, the G20 and the BRICS mechanism.

(Cover: Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi. /China's Foreign Ministry)

It is a really special relationship that is not much talked about in the media. Just like how both countries would prefer it, I suspect.

The US would never export the F-22 to KSA. It has never exported it to any country and KSA would not even be considered as an export destination IMO.

The F-35 is an "unfinished" product. A lot of problems with power modules effecting almost 10% of the F-35 to date, rendering them inoperable. Problems with the Block 4 updates as well.

If one follows news, it is quite noticeable that KSA have been moving away from the USA when it comes to key strategic areas. Instead wisely opting to go with China while still engaging/keeping ties intact with the US. I think that this development will continue.

Of course KSA signing an official peace treaty with its neighbor Israel could change a lot of things, in particularly in terms of media coverage in the US and the heavy Jewish influence within the US for the better long-term. We will have to see.
The last paragraph is not possible without a two states solution..

When MBS went to China he invested $60 billion in new projects inside China..

The last paragraph is not possible without a two states solution..

When MBS went to China he invested $60 billion in new projects inside China..

KSA should be smart here and look for its own interests. What has billions of wasted dollars on Palestine and other conflict zones in the Muslim world ever given it? It is a serious question. Hejaz, Makkah and Madinah will remain the qibla of Islam and remain Saudi Arabian territory inhabited by locals as throughout history.

The two state solution is not realistic nowadays, its time to move on. For how long will that fruitless policy continue? Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Morocco and others have realized this and received benefits from their decision.

Palestine offers nothing to KSA while Israel can offer a lot in terms of military, economic, agriculture and even nuclear cooperation. Nor is anyone going to defeat Israel militarily or remove it within the Muslim world. It's time to wake up and be pragmatic.

1657663524958.png

Israel Countries that recognize Israel Countries that have withdrawn recognition Countries that have suspended or cut relations with Israel Countries that have never recognized Israel

Anyway we are off-topic.

KSA should be smart here and look for its own interests. What has billions of wasted dollars on Palestine and other conflict zones in the Muslim world ever given it? It is a serious question. Hejaz, Makkah and Madinah will remain the qibla of Islam and remain Saudi Arabian territory inhabited by locals as throughout history.

The two state solution is not realistic nowadays, its time to move on. For how long will that fruitless policy continue? Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Morocco and others have realized this and received benefits from their decision.

Palestine offers nothing to KSA while Israel can offer a lot in terms of military, economic, agriculture and even nuclear cooperation. Nor is anyone going to defeat Israel militarily or remove it within the Muslim world. It's time to wake up and be pragmatic.

View attachment 861122

Israel Countries that recognize Israel Countries that have withdrawn recognition Countries that have suspended or cut relations with Israel Countries that have never recognized Israel

Anyway we are off-topic.
No my friend.. Al Quds is the first Qibla of Islam.. Jews might not like it.. but KSA as the Muslim world's leader abide by this fact..

KSA allow others very close to it to normalize relationships with Usrael.. but don't ask for more.. UAE, Bahrain , Morocco, without mentioning the normalizations outside of it.. like Egypt and Jordan and many African countries.. but never ask or wish for Saudi Arabia normalizing with usrael without a two state solution with Al Quds as the capital for the new Palestinian state.. Anything else about KSA as far as Usrael is concerned is just a wet dream..

Last edited:
@The SC

I am looking at it purely from a pragmatic geopolitical viewpoint without emotions, religious aspect, fairness etc. No such things exist in geopolitics to begin with.

When I see all those states officially recognizing Israel, all of them close KSA allies, and some of them de facto provinces of KSA all but in name (Bahrain), I get the idea that an unofficial recognition has already occured.

KSA should do what serves their key core interests and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom