What's new

China May Soon Join International Space Station

China should jointly develop together with rest of the BRICS(and any other decent countries) a new space station.No need to cooperate with the West-they are insane.They are useless-cant even produce their own manned craft .Just look at recent talks in USA about ownership of the Moon and gathering resources in space -speaks about insanity and delusion.

I think currently CNSA have partners from Pakistan, Namibia and Argentina, co-operating on tracking stations for manned space programs, and some other related agenda. It's highly possible that co-operations between these partners will continue to deepen in the near future.

Last edited:
I wont burn the bridge if invited unless there are heavy strings attached like crazy financial comitments etc

Any opportunities available to us for a real-time visit inside of an advanced space structure should be a bonus for us.

One day we will be the host inside of our own space station inviting foregn guests to come over for joint operations during a certain period. National pride aside, we are still far behind the USA in space explorations. There is no logical reasons to refuse the invitation unless aforesaid circumstances help us to exit with a good excuse

The problem is the ISS project is just bait. It does not facilitate tech transfer between its members, its simply permits member states to use the ISS infrastructure. That's of no use to China - if anything, it might make us dependent on foreign systems. Not to mention, membership will be no doubt be contingent on putting an end to our space weapons program.

Try to distinguish between what's worthwhile and what's phony. 15 years ago, China's major goal was inclusion into the WTO. Two years ago, China's major goal was inclusion into the Arctic Council. This year, China's major institutional goal is inclusion of the RMB into the SDR. Because these efforts require intensive diplomatic capital, it's important not to get sidetracked along the way by worthless bait like G7, or RIMPAC participation, or the ISS. The US might be able to hoodwink their lower IQ allies with consolation prizes, but we should keep our eyes firmly on the real prizes.

The problem is the ISS project is just bait. It does not facilitate tech transfer between its members, its simply permits member states to use the ISS infrastructure. That's of no use to China - if anything, it might make us dependent on foreign systems. Not to mention, membership will be no doubt be contingent on putting an end to our space weapons program.

Try to distinguish between what's worthwhile and what's phony. 15 years ago, China's major goal was inclusion into the WTO. Two years ago, China's major goal was inclusion into the Arctic Council. This year, China's major institutional goal is inclusion of the RMB into the SDR. Because these efforts require intensive diplomatic capital, it's important not to get sidetracked along the way by worthless bait like G7, or RIMPAC participation, or the ISS. The US might be able to hoodwink their lower IQ allies with consolation prizes, but we should keep our eyes firmly on the real prizes.

It is just an invitation for docking at the ISS during during which I dont think either side will have in depth technical exchanges. I would see a bonus on our side getting extra experience on a foreign space structure

Of course I know the undercurrents of the "invitation" after getting quarantined in almost all major venutures, be they scientific, economic, military ..after WW2

Just be more cautious. I dont see there is much that we have to lose

There is one major worry that I have though .....

---- The rendevouz, docking and locking parameters; if we can gain access to their space station they may have equal chance of entering ours unless we are confident of barring all foreign entries into our new station which has yet to be built

Apart from that and other possible strings that may attach to it, I dont see why we have to refuse it at the outset

images

Back
Top Bottom