What's new

China Marine Surveillance News & Discussions

I thought CMS has been merged with China Coast Guards, before the merger, Haijian 01 was the largest ship with around 4,000 tons (Hajian 01 is now CGC 2401). The largest China Coast Guards ships are 2901 and 3901, both are 12,000 ton class cutters.

China MSA (海巡)is not merged with China Coast Guard, I am not sure about the tonnage of their largest ships, but I guess would be around 4,000 tons. The MSA's 25,000 officials, other working staff, operate a patrol force of 1,300 vessels and watercraft of various types. These include 207 patrol vessels of 20 meters and greater length, 2 are 100 meters and above, 2 are 60 meters and above, 18 are 40 meters and above, 59 are 30 meters and above and 126 are 20 meters and above.

26801_243926_234551.jpg

CGC 2401 formerly CMS Hajian 01
2401.jpg

_DSC0784.jpg

Last edited:
I think there is a confusion regarding China CMS (Marine Surveillance) and China MSA (Marine Safety Administration) on this thread. China CMS was disbanded in July 2013, and all its ships and boats were transferred to China Coast Guards.
All former CMS ships were painted with Four Black Strike on their bow side of their hulls. Its Chinese name is中国海监。
China MSA ships' bow section of hull are painted with four black strikes and one broad band of red and its chinese name is 中国海巡。
@MOD, I wish to request the mod to change the title of this thread to correctly reflect the real current affair of Chinese civillian maritime enforcement. China Marine Surveillance has ceased existance since July 2013. China Marine Safety Administration is the only civillian agency. China Coast Guard is part of PAP and is part of Chinese Military.

Back
Top Bottom